Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
bw000/kansasteen14--The avatar was made by a very cool MC'er!! I LOVE this new avatar.

FROGBOY4--
I display my figures on shelves that line my walls normally; but I'm only going to display my Muppet Figures along one wall on a very very long board that stretches the whole wall, but at a level that I can easily get to them.

Yep, Emily Bear would be coolness.

NO NO NO to Skeeter in any aspect.

Bearquil? They're fun to write with.

Laters,
FOZ

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how the Simpsons figs can be so cheap. I know they don't have much articulation, but Playmates really gives a lot of bang for your buck compared to other toy lines, especially when you add in the cost of voice technology and licensing.

Having said that, I could care less if the Simpsons figs talk, and I wouldn't want to see talking Muppet Show figs. I agree, make the voices yourself.

I know that the trend in today's toy market is to make everything as realistic as possible, but whatever happened to the good old IMAGINATION??? :rolleyes:

I mean, other than the fact that Lucas likes selling a lot of Star Wars figures, why do we really need another Chewbacca figure, "Now with a Mechanical tool!"? Can't society at large get by without this figure by just fricking PRETENDING that he has a tool and is repairing the Falcon? Sheeesh...... "Oh, and look at this Princess Leia figure, on this figure, we remade her with the hood of her cloak UP!" Give me a break. :confused:

Okay, rant over.

Reminds me of the Malibu Stacey (Barbie knockoff) episode of the Simpsons. "Malibu Stacey, now with a new hat!" :wink:

grail

Reaction score
Simpson Figs

the way i understand it, the reason voices aren't a problem for the Simpsons figs is simple...fox owns them.

somewhere in the contract, it apparantly states that the voices for the characters are the property of whoever it is that owns that contract. it's very possible that's urban legend, but hey, they DO have voices for the figs...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I do remember reading a long time ago about some of the Simpsons voice actors grumbling about the pennies they were making from the figs.

grail

Reaction score
oh good...i was hoping i hadn't dreamed that...

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Luke-

Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Luke, I love that line! May I steal it?
David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Steal away Dave, my drunkeness last night is your gain ! :big_grin:

kane31666

Reaction score
grail, you are correct playmates has a contract directly with fox that owns the voice clips used in the figures. The celeb simpsons line costs more because playmates had to go out and contract the celebrity voices to use them in the figures.

Ken, the series 3 scultps shown at SDCC, will they be painted?

beaker

Reaction score
fozzie:

I agree, Skeeter would just be harkening back to Muppet Babies...dont get me wrong, I LOVED Muppet Babies, but that has nothing to do with TMS canon.

btw, no more 3 "e"s anymore in your name?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>We don't have any anime licenses any more, so no new stuff is planned. Did you check the bit today? Now THAT hurt to have Legato canceled. Just couldn't get the orders on it.<<<

oh man that sucks! I Was hoping we'd get to see more anime related goodies from ya guys. Well, what about new video game licencees? I LOVED the space channel 5 figures and lunchbox. The resident evil stuff looked light years better than toy biz(I love toy biz, but those figures were so cheap)

>>>Playmates has the rights, but yeah I would have loved to do them in an edgier style like the original comic material, not the cartoony versions. Had a line worked out in my head that would have been suh-wheet.<<<

oh man!!! so youve actually thought of this? once again wondering what you could have come up with. Im sorry, but with the TMNT licence, how in the world could Playmates ressitate the TMNT line? I always hated the lameness of TMNT figures, even when I was 11 in the late 80's! I did like the jim lee style dplaymates ones in 1995. With that new John Woo directed darker toned cgi TMNT film next summer, they should totally resculpt the turtle line into something more edgier and modern.

>>>Gotta confess...haven't been into anything as much as I was into Speed Racer and Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets. I am way old school...way old for that matter I guess. Best single anime I ever saw was Ninja Scroll, but I don't see a lot of anime anymore...between the boards, work and my girl/wedding who has time?<<<

the fact you are one of the top ten posters on here is amazing!
To be honest, when ya first came on board mc last year I thought it would be a time to time checkin...never did I think youd be on here daily with feedback, answering even the most minute of questions, etc. This is unpresedented for a toy company/line!
Aw, so youre more of a golden age anime fan, gotcha:wink:
Im into the 2nd gen of anime a little(heck I grew up on transformers, tranzor z, robotech, etc) but love the newer stuff like akira and ghost in the shell the best. aw yes, ninja scroll...for some reason crouching tiger reminded me a lot of the anime in terms of fight scenes and grace.

grail

Reaction score
so you've thought about the Ninja Turtles...

if you could have free reign of any license (not Star Wars), what would it be? and what kind of stuff would you do with it?

figures? busts? lunchboxes? all of the above?

what goes on in the toy-loving mind of Ken Lilly? (actually, that's probably a dangerous question)