Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd want a set of Fraggle Rock characters! After the inclusion of Pepe and some others, plus the remainder of the classic Muppet Show collection, the Fraggles are my very next choice for figuredom! Actually, it really is my only other choice for a figure series, but I think it would be fantastic!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Imagine !

There are so many things you could do with a Fraggle Rock set !

Playsets -

The Great Hall
Marjory The TrashHeap
The Gorg's Garden
The Gorg's Castle
Doc's Workshop
Doozer-dom
Each Fraggles Gave
Random Fraggle Caves

and then all the figures that could be made!

Each Fraggle could come with a Doozer !

It could be one of the best sets ever made, Kinda like the show was the best, Huh ?

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are so many possibilities. I wonder if Doc would come with the set? I guess so, but he's be pretty big next to the Fraggles and geez - how humongous would the Gorgs be? They'd definitely have to be cheated out tremendously! Hmmmm.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gorg Figures...

Hey, they could come with mini-PVC Fraggles instead, and at that point at the Gorg Castle, we'd just have to switch Fraggles for that scene, like Henson used to have to do back when they did the show!

See? Foz has a few ideas under that porkpie hat!

FOZ :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually I think you are on to something, but that would mean we'd have to play with the Doozers using a pair of tweezers. LOL!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We are looking into Fraggle Rock. Retailers are a bit skeptical, cause most don't knwo what it is, but yeah we are interested and are having talks with Henson over this and a lot of other stuff. I'm still heavily pushing for some Dark Crystal figures.

Ken

Squigiman

Reaction score
Other Henson Fantasy figures...

Hey Ken,
Seeing how Dark Crystal has already gotten some toy attention, not saying you shouldn't pursue it, but how about working on those "LABYRINTH" rights? I'm actually wearing a shirt with Jareth's face emblazoned on it, at this very moment, courtesy of Hot Topic. Seeing how this movie is so incredibly great and classic, and is being semi-revived, as 80's memorabilia is resurfacing at such stores, a toy line would be so long-overdue. The generation that goes to such stores remembers Labyrinth for the joys it gave them in their youth. Action figures and collectibles do the same. "LABYRINTH" is so ripe for action figuredom. All of those colorful characters, Sarah, Jareth, Hoggle, Ludo, Sir Didymus, the Fireys, the door knockers, the various goblins, the junk lady, and how about a Bog of Eternal Stench playset? Just a suggestion, and I'm sure there are many who'd agree with me. Thanks for hearing me out. Hope all is well. Take care.

-Squigiman

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Don't disagree with that...wonder how the market would support that line though? I don't know...what do you think? What would be more successful, DC figures or Labyrinth figures? And you do realize that you could never get the rights to Bowie and Jennifer...

Ken

matleo

Reaction score
I don't know. I thin DC has more of a cult following than Labyrinth because DC was a little more groundbreaking. Also, as you said, Ken, getting the rights ot make figures of Jen Connolly or David Bowie would be difficult and those are your two leads. So your line would be missing something. it just wouldn't be complete. I think DC would fare a bit better. I;m not saying I wouldn't support a Labyrinth line, I just thikn DC would do better.
OR.....

I like the line of Stan Winston figures that are out there that are sort of a showcase of his talents. Maybe go that direction. Not necessarily a "Dark Crystal" Line or a "Labyrinth" line, but a "vision of Jim Henson" line or soemtihng liek that. Maybe do the Giant, White Lion, nd Devil from Storyteller, Maybe the Fireys, Ludo, Hoggle and Didymus from Labyrinth, and a few of the guys from DC. Although looking at the list of characters I just wrote it would be entirely fair to cal it Jim's vision when Brian Froud is responsbel for the look of most of those guys. Say ken, how would that play it into? I mea is there any inication fro Henson about what his (Froud's) involvement in a DC or Labyrinth line would be? Just a few thoughts

--Matt

PS-- I know you were tired yesterday and probably missed this question so I will ask again....any thought about acessories for the repaint Zoot and will Zoot have a case for his sax? --MKL

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
He's coming with a case with the sax. Not sure about the variant yet. May be a simple repaint, or some other woodwind...dunno yet.

Ken