Ask Ken at Palisades

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Beaker

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
I can answer one of your questions:

So did this decision predate the wish for them on here?

Yes, Ken said it has been in the works for 2-3 months. Undoubtably explains why Ken jumped into mini figure thread with such a detailed explanation of
Of what?

Stulz

Reaction score
New Avatar

Time for a change in avatar .. incredeeble!'s Pepe is more in tune with his name .. think this new one's better anyway... what do you all think?

grail

Reaction score
Stulz - groovy avatar!

everyone else (and Stulz too) - allow me to squash a rumor before it become a debate...Rowlf/Dr. Bob is not a REAL rumored figure. as far as i know, it isn't even a consideration (i mean, who wants to gyp us out of a Rowlf?). when Ken said he was holding him back, i figured it put him just about where i had been GUESSING Vet's Hospital was. i remembered the debate about Nurse Uniforms vs Scrubs for Janice and Piggy, and decided to throw it out. i wasn't expecting people to really take it seriously, and honestly i kinda did it to see how creatively someone could shoot down the idea (there are some funny people around here), but it kinda backfired...

i wouldn't worry about Rowlf and Dr. Bob coming out as the same figure. i doubt Palisades would want to limit themselves like that.

or would they?

Walterfego

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

i wouldn't worry about Rowlf and Dr. Bob coming out as the same figure. i doubt Palisades would want to limit themselves like that.

or would they?
Great, here comes round 2! Your ability to relieve doubt is only topped by your ability to plant it. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Re: Beaker

Originally posted by FellowWLover
Of what?
**** - it explains a lot of things. See my earlier post here on the whole PVC/Mini thread thing.

Looks like not all Muppet Central figure debates are as spontaneous and unbiased as they might seem at the time.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Beaker

Originally posted by Luke

Looks like not all Muppet Central figure debates are as spontaneous and unbiased as they might seem at the time.
Yeah, I am beginning to feel a little snookered in that department. Hey Luke... you work in TV; aren't people in the audiences of infomercials usually *paid* for their time? :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaker

Originally posted by FellowWLover
Yeah, I am beginning to feel a little snookered in that department. Hey Luke... you work in TV; aren't people in the audiences of infomercials usually *paid* for their time? :wink:
Thats what i gather Jessica, we don't have many infomercials in the UK because of a media regulation called 'Undue Prominence' - it means you have to give each product or opinion an equal amount of airtime to any other. In reviewing similar products you have to get someone who is totally independant and has no relationship or inside knowledge with either manufacturer. If you show one thing in a more favorable light without any balanced and unbiased comparison you can get fined about £500,000 and have your broadcasting license taken away !!!!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beaker

Originally posted by Luke

'Undue Prominence' - it means you have to give each product or opinion an equal amount of airtime to any other. In reviewing similar products you have to get someone who is totally independant and has no relationship or inside knowledge with either manufacturer.
Well then it seems that our presence here (despite being routinely maligned by the masses :stick_out_tongue: ) may serve a purpose after all. Just think if this were British TV....

*starts saving silver*