Ask Ken at Palisades

grail

Reaction score
wow...that's a lot of info! so for those of us that ARE curious, can you give us an update on the other lines too? or if you'd rather not, that's cool too.

and about the magnets...is it possible to paint one side of the magnet, or alter one end so that you can tell which way it's supposed to go in? it would have been tough to do with IS Fozzie, because of the clear plastic, but the others could do it with no problems.

hey, i also had a question i posted awhile back about your Resauras days...did you work on the Galaxy Quest figs? and what happened with them? i found pics of the Sarris fig by accident recently and got to wondering about them.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
and about the magnets...is it possible to paint one side of the magnet, or alter one end so that you can tell which way it's supposed to go in?

Already did that. They are STILL putting them in wrong every once in a while. So frustrating. By the way...a different factory is making Series 3. Sick of the stupidity.

hey, i also had a question i posted awhile back about your Resauras days...did you work on the Galaxy Quest figs? and what happened with them? i found pics of the Sarris fig by accident recently and got to wondering about them.

Yeah I worked on that line. It was a simple matter of two complete boobs running the company who sank 26,000 dollars into the line and had it developed and even tooled at the factory (roto heads from master molds and such) without having a clearly defined, or signed, contract. So the line was canceled cause they weren't able to work anything out. A few prototypes exist. I gave some parts to one of the guys who works here, traded the others. Jerry from SOTA has a complete set...unpainted factory mock-ups in the fabric uniforms.

wow...that's a lot of info! so for those of us that ARE curious, can you give us an update on the other lines too? or if you'd rather not, that's cool too.

Not that I mind but...yeah I guess I do for now...just way too much information on stuff that not many people have a lot of info about so a lot of it would be meaningless without a lot of explanation. Needless to say that stuff has started to ship, and it has been one heck of a trip.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Already did that. They are STILL putting them in wrong every once in a while. So frustrating. By the way...a different factory is making Series 3. Sick of the stupidity.
geez...that IS retarded...no offense, but glad you got a new place

Yeah I worked on that line. It was a simple matter of two complete boobs running the company who sank 26,000 dollars into the line and had it developed and even tooled at the factory (roto heads from master molds and such) without having a clearly defined, or signed, contract. So the line was canceled cause they weren't able to work anything out. A few prototypes exist. I gave some parts to one of the guys who works here, traded the others. Jerry from SOTA has a complete set...unpainted factory mock-ups in the fabric uniforms.
that's so cool...i love that movie. if you ever want copies of some of the props, let me know. i have friends that have copies made from the originals. they're pretty easy to replicate, apparantly.

Not that I mind but...yeah I guess I do for now...just way too much information on stuff that not many people have a lot of info about so a lot of it would be meaningless without a lot of explanation. Needless to say that stuff has started to ship, and it has been one heck of a trip.
fair enough, i was just curious.

so did you get things running, comp wise?

GWGumby

Reaction score
Wow, what a great post and some awesome updates on the figures.

1. Electric Mayhem neon will be opaque, not semi-clear.
I think a lot of people will be happy about that. Comparing the recent pic with an earlier prototype: will the drums be yellow or orange?

2. Wild hair version of Animal is a go.
That's great news. Actually, the "toilet-head" Animal can be seen in the opening montage on MFS. I personally would NOT want to see that action figure.

3. Gonzo has a new cape.
So is the only difference in coloring?

Biggest thing to QC is making sure the factory gets the magnets the correct way.
If it works, I think Grail's suggestion is a good one.

We also started prototyping the next five MEGA Muppets to be released next year.
Wow, 5 MEGA Muppets next year? I thought the plan was to alternate MEGA with mini between regular series releases. But hey, the more the merrier. I'll just have to install more shelving.

Oh yeah, got the tooling patterns here on the three Pigs in Space figures. WOW. The photos I have seen and reviewed do not do these guys justice.
Oh wow. Can't wait to see these. So how is Piggy's body sculpt?

Same with the playset, which has some really neat features.
Well you asked for specific questions, so here is one: What are these neat features? Though I'm guessing that's not going to be answered yet.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Biggest thing to QC is making sure the factory gets the magnets the correct way.
If it works, I think Grail's suggestion is a good one.
so good they were already doing it, and they're STILL having problems...i have a Fozzie that proves that...

my suggestion is to have poorly trained monkeys try next time. at least they can't do any worse...

grail

Reaction score
you know...upon further examination, i think if i put my mind to it, i could dig the cap over the magnet out and try and flip the magnet over...then glue the cap back in.

i would love to get someone's opinion on that before i get in there with an exacto...

or is the magnet IN that cap in the hat? i can't tell fer sure...

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks Ken for the update, much appreciated and some really interesting stuff. I think the Animal hair and Gonzo cape changes sound cool, and very happy about the EM Playset. As for the Euro spring thing, i'm sure myself and others will do all we can to send figs over to the states for those who are really concerned about having the euro version. The upcoming stuff you talk about (Mega figures, Pigs In Space etc) sounds like it's coming along very nicely.

You sound exhausted though, i reckon you need a holiday as soon as you get back ....... i've heard China's very nice at this time of the year ! :big_grin:

GLUE

Reaction score
Ken doesn't really sleep when he is over there...and then he ends up getting sick. Now I sound like his mommy! Ken are you taking your vitamins!!:stick_out_tongue:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
(hey, i just realized, when Palisades' Muppet license runs up in '05, they would be just in time to pick up the Fraggle license and get things ready for a Fraggle Rock 25th anniversary line
Does anyone else suddenly feel really old when they hear that? Sigh.:frown:

GLUE

Reaction score
Dailybit is up for today...features some more micronaut stuff and a little factory mishap with Fozzie, go check it out at www.palisadestoys.com in the dailybit section.