Ask Ken at Palisades

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I doubt i'll get Mega Beaker - i'm not quite sure what i'd do with a 13 inch action figure let alone where i'd put it right now
I have been thinking on weither or not if i am getting mega beaker. It doesn't offer me anything new, it just the action figure Beaker blown up. it's neat and pretty and very cool and if your a major Beaky fan a must! but this is one part of the muppet line that if it goes well i am only getting one...Rowlf. They are too much money to be spending on anyways, not saying the price is to high, but i i'm getting all the action figs i can with in reason and i do plan on getting the pcv's or at least certain sets.

The PCV's also offer something new, weither it's a diffrent charcter they haven't done yet as an action fig or they are only going to make as a pcv. plus the small size i can find room for them.

I hope the mega line goes well or atleast untill Rowlf comes out because i really don't care for it, it's one of those things that i think you should pick your favorite muppet (Hopefuly coming out)and just buy that one, that's what i did with the busts, unless if you have got the money and are willing to spend it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The word is that Mega Beaker will have more detail and articulation.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The word is that Mega Beaker will have more detail and articulation.
Yes i knew this, but it's still doesn't really offer anything new, the action figure is detailed enough for me, joints are great but i can live with only a few joints as it works out well like the Fozzie bear figure.

i guess like if it was possaible for the mouth to open and close and the head to click up and down like a pen would, and maybe items to come with beaker might change my mind,againthat could change the price of the mega, but i'm hopfuly holding out for a mega Rowlf, if the mega line doesn't do well, the hope for three diffrent Rowlf action figure is more then enough for me. (Tux, reg,and Dr.Bob)uhh, but no-less then these three;-) so you could say three fourms a Rowlf would be perfect.

Zack,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If people do not buy the Mega Beakers and Animals, there will be no Mega Rowlf. I'm not wild about the megas, but I think they're cool. And I think that the mouth is articulated, but for the head to do that clicking thing would really drive up the price. Some would feel okay if the megas stopped after Animal, but if you are holding out for a particular character, then making an investment in a beautifully crafted mega is a good idea.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think fans should EVER be in a position of spending their money on products they don't like in order to *maybe* get a product they want later on down the line. If people really want a Mega Beaker then thats cool, but realistically - a number of people buying something out of sympathy or hope would never be enough to save the line. Obviously though, and quite rightly as you say, that means no Mega-Rowlf.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I would buy Mega Rowlf and maybe Mega Animal, but I'm not sure about Mega Beaker. Right now, I'm just focusing on getting the money to get as many of the action figures as I can. I can't really focus on teh mega figures. If I saw one I really liked, I would buy it. I don't know. I understadn why if the first don't sell you wouldn't make others... but...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
i'm undecided as well about the mega figures, but if I se one on the shelf, you KNOW I'm gonna want to take it home with me :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I agree and I'm a bit disappointed in the hair sculpt for the Mega. But I had to state the simple truth that people seem to be missing. The megas are not a guaranteed thing. In fact, if sales aren't favorable for Beaker and Animal, there will be no more megas. I'm sure more people will buy Mega Animal.

I still think Beaker was a bad choice, but there's so much more that goes into such a decision. It had to be a series one character and a popular Muppet at that - so it was either Kermit or Beaker (everyone hated that Piggy sculpt). Those two would be more popular with consumers than a Mega Teeth - although he would have been my choice.

Also - making the head pop up and down, voice chips etc would make the mega very expensive for the small-scale run. Just seems to me that some think that all of this can magically happen because we wish it so, but it takes "moneys" all of it. Lots of moneys. One thing is certain - a year ago - more of us would have jumped at the chance for these megas.

I think it's actually Palisades who has spoiled us for high quality product and painted themselves out of the mega market. I probably would have waited an extra quarter and released the Animal Mega and then a Fozzie Mega. But I trust they had good reason to make the decision. No one should buy anything they don't want to buy, but they can't claim to be shocked if the line dies. I don't think any other company is planning to create such things and if one does, they will look at the sucdess (or lack if it) to decide if it's a good gamble.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How tall are the mega figures supposed to be? $20 is a LOT of money for a series of figures, and I'm just broke!! I'm barely able to get my figures, but I'm doing it.

I just recently got my Peanuts "Good Ol' Charlie Brown" figures, and MAN do I wish Palisades had that license instead. Some of the accessories aren't even able to be used by the figures, and the details of the figures are wrong. Schroeder's stripes on his shirt are the kind that Linus should have, and verse-vica. They move at their head ,shoulder, elbow, and waist. Schroeder is in a permanent sitting position, and his piano is YELLOW!! Peppermint Patty and Lucy came with their eye's closed instead of open. I'm getting them because I wanted Peanuts action figures, but I had rather Palisades did it.