Ask Ken at Palisades

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
why do I never get the club newsletter? I always have to request it.
Because you have to buy it, silly. It's part of the Collector's Club. If you live in the US it's $30 a year or something.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya gang!

I just recently joined the Collector's Club (could finally afford it) and got my invisible Fozzie!! YAY!! Too cool!

What did I get most excited about? There, on the back of the box, is my MC Friends' NAMES!! WOOHOO!!!!!

I am looking forward to my newsletters et al, too.

Tried to access the CC site at Palisades, but to no avail. Says that I have an expired membership already, which isn't supposed to happen in 12/2003.

I am so happy, though, that Palisades lets us see these things so early, too. It's so cool to go through the working phases of action figure making.

At ghostbusters.net Forums they have some guy who posts under RedKetchup who is telling everyone about some secret upcoming Ghostbuster project, and it looks to be either a comic book or cartoon since they have shown character studies, but some guy there has taken the drawing and removed the 'study' notice and made a screensaver and announced it, so NOW they won't show any new stuff. Seems over there people are awfully 'ticky' with one another...definitely not the same type of community we live in here at MC.

Thanks for not dumping on us Palisades!! Keep up the great work!

FOZ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! Guys, I need your help with a small question. How are Kermit's and Fozzie's character's names from MTI correctly spelled? Is it Captain Abraham Smollet or Smollit? Is it Squire Treloni or Trelauny or Trelauney or Trelawney? Please tell me which of these is correct by providing the name, not saying the first or the later cause that'll just confuse the heck out of me. Thanks for your help and promptness.

Luke

Reaction score
Zack,

Glad you liked most of what you saw. I saw over on the Palisades forum Ken mentioned that Pepe's accessories are :-

Foldable Deck Chair, Deck Umbrella, Hair Dryer, Beach Ball, Flip Flops, Binoculars and Lunchbox. Might be forgetting something...way past my bedtime.

So yeah even more stuff to add to the things we already suspected, he is sounding very cool indeed. Once we see the actual figure from Toy Fair it'll allow us to see much more of the sculpt.

simpsycho

Reaction score
Now that I've seen Gonzo, I've gotta say that I still want to get a Gonzo figure in a regular black tux. I just think that would look better with the rest of the Tux figures.

GWGumby

Reaction score
My feeling is that a black tux Gonzo should be a fairly simple repaint that Palisades could offer in a limited format. But if they don't, it wouldn't take much to do a homemade custom. If Janice weren't already coming with Series 5, I would be campaigning that black tux Gonzo be the repaint chase character.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
At ghostbusters.net Forums they have some guy who posts under RedKetchup who is telling everyone about some secret upcoming Ghostbuster project, and it looks to be either a comic book or cartoon since they have shown character studies, but some guy there has taken the drawing and removed the 'study' notice and made a screensaver and announced it, so NOW they won't show any new stuff. Seems over there people are awfully 'ticky' with one another...definitely not the same type of community we live in here at MC.
Well I feel bad for the fans...as much as I would LOVE a Ghostbusters 3(who wouldnt?) it aint gonna happen...ever.
Hopefully though, they can bring back that cool 80's cartoon(not that 'extreme' one)

funny thing is, a few years back I saw a mockup with the GB symbol with three fingers up...I think it was from a Toy Fare pick or some licencing fare, when a GB3 looked like a possibility.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Really, there was LOTS of fan-concept-art for GB3 going around based on a plot synopsis Aykroyd leaked: "What happens when **** gets full?" Thus, a LOT of GB3 logos with fire and flames etc.

I don't believe there'll be a GB3 as bad as it's wanted, heck Aykroyd felt so strongly about it that he quit the Columbia Lot and moved his offices off their property!!

Still, there is some concept art left over there, and you should look at it.

They're returning to the original concept for the first film but putting them in that period of their lives (starting the business) in 2003 (?!) :confused:

I don't want them to look ANYTHING like RGB, and want them to stay as far away from all the other cartoon stuff as possible.

Point was, that Palisades is VERY giving, and I hope nobody messes that up like those GB Fans have done. Also, our community gets along MUCH better than their's does.

Plus, they cuss to d@/\/\~ much...:rolleyes:

simpsycho

Reaction score
If Janice weren't already coming with Series 5, I would be campaigning that black tux Gonzo be the repaint chase character.
That would have been great. It wouldn't make sense to not have a Janice repaint though, since the rest of the band was repainted.

Ken, what are the chances of there being a black tux Gonzo?