Ask Ken at Palisades

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Love the new pics of the figures, Ken. I'm going to be mighty broke this year.

The pic of the Jim Henson prototype art is intriguing. I remember you mentioning that you've been wanting to do one, but were waiting for permission from Jim Henson Productions. Could this be the mystery exclusive figure that people have been talking about?

Final Thoughts: The Pigs in Space Miss Piggy is great -- she looks ten times better than the first one, but will she (or the incredibly sculpted Janice) be able to stand on their own without a base? Also, maybe it's a trick to the light, but did Palisides change Gonzo's nose coloring? It's too red and yellow -- the paint job on the Daredevil Gonzo was much better. Was I seeing things?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yes they did change the nose coloring to a more purple look. It's looks more like the real deal now. For most of Gonzo's existence he has had a purple nose yet all action figures give him a light blue nose. Also, you'll notice his hair is much better. It looks like the thin strings it is instead of that plume of feathers. I think the purple nose is much better is looks a lot like the Gonzo puppet in TMM.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo's nose has always been purple except for the first half of season one of the Muppet Show when it was blue-green. Some people who haven't watched a lot of shows, but seen a lot of Muppet product mistake Gonzo's nose for blue. For some reason it is depicted that way in products. Henson has made it that way. I think it's because Gonzo's Muppet Babies nose was blue. But this coloring is very accurate. It's actually the most accurate Gonzo product so far. I found it funny that the actual puppet picture on the Daredevil Gonzo box had a purple nose and the figure had a blue one (with a bit of purple sponging).

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think Gonzo's nose changes a lot. In MCC he had a blue/purple nose. Like a dark violet type thing. Then in MFS he had a more flesh colored nose that looked way different. Wonder why it changes so much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's film stock and lighting, not the puppet. That never changed. Everything was cold and dark in MCC. The publicity photos show are normal. Lighting has always been an issue with perceptions of Muppet colors but Gonzo's nose was never really ike the Daredevil figure.

WiGgY

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure the actual coloring changes as well. This couldn't have simply been done by lighting.

C'irdan

Reaction score
lots of questions

1. So the mystery figure in series 5 is the Jim Henson MUPPET?!!! :big_grin:

2. The Swedish Chef playset doesn't come with the Lobster Banditos, but the exclusive does?

3. And what differences will the Janice exclusive have from the regular? (what new colors that is)

4. Are the hair thingies on Gonzo going to be very flat to his head and very tiny and thin?

5. Is Gonzo still going to be shiny?

6. Are Gonzo's eyelids going to be a dark orange yellow?

7. And finally, how much will the Jim Henson Muppet figure cost?

phew I'm done!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just an update from your vampiric counter, another person in the neighborhood. The table of ideas that everyone posted for S7 and onwards is a
good 75% to 85% complete. There's just one question I have. WiGgY, the only ideas posted by your creative mind are five figures from MTI. I know that you
must have had a list with your complete ideas. Is there anyway you could send me that list to fairly incorporate all of your ideas in the table? Or are
you satisfied with being represented by these five MTI figures? If interested, send the list to my E-mail and thanks for your promptness.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus
Ken!! My God! The Toyfair shots are awesome! You've all done an excellent job on the upcoming figures. Dream come true seeing the Henson concept. PLEASE DON'T make it an exclusive. A figure like that should be out there for everyone to enjoy. The Muppet Newsman is spot on, definately my fav! I can tell you're probably gonna hear this alot now, as many in the CC have already pointed out, there really is something off about Pepe's face. I think his eyes and mouth need to be closed up a bit more. He needs that...sly... kinda sleazy look he has a lot of the time. It may be too late (and I'll buy him anyway!) for changes, but I just thought I'd let you know. There's also something about Statler's face that isn't quite right. I think it's his upper lip, it's definately something around the mouth though. Other than that, everything is unbelievable! I can't wait to see what sort of things come out next!
Pictures?! Where?!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Pictures?! Where?!
*looks towards thread titled 'Toy Fair Pics'* (Shakes Head) Nahhhhh, couldn't be ! :big_grin: