Ask Ken at Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Joe, care to share what those PIS viewscreen backdrops are? Or do we have to wait with baited breath until they're all finished for the unvailing, much like Quinn's mystery custom Muppet figures?
Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Ken,

The PIS Piggy looks great even though she is still a work in progress. Thanks for all the hard work on the pig. All the attention you are putting in on the detail is noticed here. I'm very impressed that you continue to give the characters added life by making many of the facial elements seperate pieces. IMO Lew is one of the best examples of all the different elements working together

Thanks
Chad Kermit:zany:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Hey Ken,

When will a picture of one of the PIS pigs be available with the texturing?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
When will a picture of one of the PIS pigs be available with the texturing?

The final final paint samples from the factory are due in next week. I smell a Daily Bit coming with some way cool interactive product shots!

The PIS Piggy looks great even though she is still a work in progress. Thanks for all the hard work on the pig. All the attention you are putting in on the detail is noticed here. I'm very impressed that you continue to give the characters added life by making many of the facial elements seperate pieces. IMO Lew is one of the best examples of all the different elements working together

Very cool of you to say. Does this mean we redeem ourselves from the first one?:smile:

Kevin

Reaction score
question for ken

Ken
I really enjoy the fact that the members of the electric mayhem are the ones chosen for the repaints in each series. I'm wondering if the Dr. Teeth repaint will ever be re-released to retailers though so that we can have repainted versions of the whole band without having to spend the money that he goes for on ebay. Any chance he'll be re-released? Thanks.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: question for ken

Originally posted by Kevin
Ken
I really enjoy the fact that the members of the electric mayhem are the ones chosen for the repaints in each series. I'm wondering if the Dr. Teeth repaint will ever be re-released to retailers though so that we can have repainted versions of the whole band without having to spend the money that he goes for on ebay. Any chance he'll be re-released? Thanks.
The original Teeth repaint will never be re-released. We may do a variant or repaint of him that is very different later, but that first one won't be re-issued. Too much of a slap to the people that skipped rent to get the figure. But to those who want to complete the repainted band? Probably happen in some form or another in the future.

HIIEEYAH!

Reaction score
Questi0on for Ken

Hi Ken!

While this isn't my first post, there's a comment I'd like to make before I make with the questions.:smile:

I was four years old when The Muppet Show premiered and I watched it every week until it went off the air, then we made it a point to see the Muppet movies. I still treasure my Fisher-Price handpuppets, stickpuppets, and plush. So when the Muppet figures and playsets were unveiled at Toy Fair last year, I just sat in front of my computer, pointing and clicking! My aunt walked over and asked what I was looking at, and I tore myself away from the screen and barely breathed out, "Muppets". I must have had a strange look on my face, because my aunt just slowly backed away! This year she sat down with me to see what was new in the Muppety goodness!

There were so many of my favorites that as far as I knew had never been made: Honeydew and Beaker, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Sam the Eagle, and not just Animal, but the entire Electric Mayhem! I couldn't wait to get my hands on these figures, and I've not been disappointed yet!

Any company could have made these figures, but in Palisades hands, these figures not only have such wonderful detail and accuracy, but they reflect the character's personality! I don't know of any other company which takes the time to listen to their collectors and answer their questions. There are some other liscences I collect I wish Palisades had!

These figures bring back so many warm, comfortable '70's memories. Aahhh...childhood. So typing as sincerely as I can: Thank you.

Now for the questions:

I remember Lips in a outfit nearly identical to Zoot's; '70's looking shirt, jeans, and sandals, except Lips' shirt was a lighter color and had more detail around the neck. Over at kermitage.com, there's a picture of Lips in a loud plaid suit and bow tie. My question is, if we see a Lips figure, what outfit will he wear?

I was reading your review of the Tux Rowlf figure over on the Palisades forum, and when addressing Rowlf's pupil issue, you said "IF there's a regular Rowlf figure..." Does that mean there's some doubt we'll see him? What about the regular Sam?

Speaking of Sam, is the hat removeable on the Samuel Arrow figure or is it permanent on his head?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and keep up the great work!

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Questi0on for Ken

Originally posted by HIIEEYAH!
I was reading your review of the Tux Rowlf figure over on the Palisades forum, and when addressing Rowlf's pupil issue, you said "IF there's a regular Rowlf figure..." Does that mean there's some doubt we'll see him? What about the regular Sam?
I noticed that big 'IF' too - just wondered if it was a slip of Ken's typing fingers early in the morning. I thought the position was that because the sculpt was done, Rowlf would definitely be released even if it was just via the Palisades website ?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I remember Lips in a outfit nearly identical to Zoot's; '70's looking shirt, jeans, and sandals, except Lips' shirt was a lighter color and had more detail around the neck. Over at kermitage.com, there's a picture of Lips in a loud plaid suit and bow tie. My question is, if we see a Lips figure, what outfit will he wear?

Thanks for the things you said. That's great. If people would accept a new head and a slightly revised shirt but using all the other Zoot parts we would probably make a Lips this year. My take was that people would want a new sculpt. So I don't know what he would wear.

Just a word. Don't read into it. Wasn't trying to hint he wasn't going to be made.

Speaking of Sam, is the hat removeable on the Samuel Arrow figure or is it permanent on his head?

Removable. Even has a magnet although in this case it is so tight to the head it isn't even really needed.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Lips doesnt wear the same clothes as Zoot.

He has a black polar neck shirt on with a poncho over the top of it.
Polar Neck is a long arms and then high neck shirt.

You could probably get away with using Zoots legs and feet tho !

Here is a picture i drew of Lips, Its at the bottom of the page -

http://www.angelfire.com/space/drawings/characters.html

His poncho has more detail in the pattern tho...

see ya