Ask Ken at Palisades

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
If people would accept a new head and a slightly revised shirt but using all the other Zoot parts we would probably make a Lips this year. My take was that people would want a new sculpt. So I don't know what he would wear.
That sounds like a great idea to me. I'd rather a Lips made from a new head sculpt and a reused body than no Lips at all! :smile: I'm sure you could make the Zoot shirt look like Lips's outfit with a new paint application. Add in a trumpet, put him in a VC Beaker-style box, and sell him on the website and you'd have yourself a winner.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly Thanks for the things you said. That's great. If people would accept a new head and a slightly revised shirt but using all the other Zoot parts we would probably make a Lips this year. My take was that people would want a new sculpt. So I don't know what he would wear.
Wow...That's funny, i don't think anyone would care how we got Lips just as long as we do! Everyone seems to want him, I couldn't see a problem with using the same zoot sculpt at all, I don't think anyone would.

matleo

Reaction score
Tyeah Lips costume is NOTHIGN like Zoot's. Zoot wears a long-sleeved, yellow short with an open neck. Lips wears a black long sleeve turle neck (as Warrick said) and the short-sleeved whote poncho which is decoreated at the shoulders and down the front. He may wear jeans, but if I'm not mistaken you actually see Lips's legs in GMC during the closing credits and if I recall he wears boots, not sandals so re-using Zoot's legs would be inaccurate as well. I also think Lips has a little more weight on him than Zoot. I don't think he's as round as say Dr. Teeth, but he's definitly a little bulkier than Zoot or Floyd. No, no if you're goign to do a Lips figure (and I hope they do) you should do it right. Dang, he'd be a great figure!

--Matt

dhillman

Reaction score
True, many of us are REALLY eager to get a Lips figure, BUT wouldn't you rather have a later version of Lips than a truly inaccurate version of him?

In my opinion, it would almost be like trying to sell the "robot" Kermit simply by pinning a wind-up mechanism to the original Kermit sculpt. But we ALL know that "robot" Kermit did not look EXACTLY like real Kermit.... So Zoot and Lips may have some similarities, but the same sculpt simply wouldn't be doing the figure line nor the company justice.

Just my two cents....

Dustin

:cool:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
In my opinion, it would almost be like trying to sell the "robot" Kermit simply by pinning a wind-up mechanism to the original Kermit sculpt. But we ALL know that "robot" Kermit did not look EXACTLY like real Kermit.... So Zoot and Lips may have some similarities, but the same sculpt simply wouldn't be doing the figure line nor the company justice.
true but this is really two different muppets here, i mean Lips isn't really in the public eye, i still think he would look good with zoots body if that needed to be the case for him to be made, if not i don't mind waiting, but i wouldn't complain or be upset if this was the only way Lips could be made. That's what i'm saying.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, if Lips wears boots, and all we can get is same-sculpt body, how about a new sculpt head (and hands to hold the trumpet, maybe the arms to get the pose just right), Zoot's Body, Floyd's legs?

Personally, I'd prefer the quality work Palisades has done on making thing perfect and original. That is what has made that company stand out in my mind!!

Funny thing is, now, before buying a toy or figure anymore I judge it based on what I've got from Palisades!!

Keep up the great work Pal's at Palisades!

Kev/Foz

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes Lips is a little bulky, if Palisades can wait on him and make him perfect and original then that is what should be done, but if there is no chance, "if" in Palisades eye's for him later does not look good, then i would say make him now then not at all, but i can't see why they couldn't wait. i can wait for him, not pushing anything that does not need to be pushed rather a safe then sorry kinda feeling. ken didn't say they could not wait longer for him to be made, so i don't see a problem at all.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
I agree. If we're going to get a totally new Lips some time in the figure, then there's no need to do one now with reused parts. But, as I said, I'd rather a Lips made from a new head sculpt and a reused body than no Lips at all. I guess it all boils down to whether or not Ken and the rest of the Palisades team think that he'd sell as a carded figure in the regular line-up.

bats1972

Reaction score
If there is no chance of a Lips to be made for the regular line then I would have to go with new head, Zoot body. That being said though, I would rather have a correct Lips come out some time down the line. :cool:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I would rather a correct Lips with the right body type and outfit than a Lips head on Zoot's body. I just can't see how that would look right at all. Maybe if a pancho were added over the body it could pass but how could the turle neck be done? I say if they can make a good Lips using Zoot's body then fine but if it's obvious that it's Zoot's body and the figre looks nothing like the Puppet then I say don't make it at all.