Ask Ken at Palisades

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Crazy Harry, or Crazy Chris as he's known over at Palisades, is turning into Sam the Eagle and taking offense with the post made by Fozzie Bear who said "*Pins up picture of Janice to wall. Life is good" and SuperScooter's follow-up post of "Now I see what you mean, Yowsa!".
Now it's my turn to clear up one of my posts.

JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE[/COLOR] JOKE JOKEJOKE JOKEJOKE JOKE

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Uh-oh. I understood it as a joke. Sorry, guys. Usually, I take everything as a joke anyhoo--so had he meant it as being mean, I would have thought it was a joke. Thanks for the back-up though, Count. Harry has a good albeit very dry sense of humor which is hard to catch sometimes, but very funny.

But, then again, I like Fozzie Bear-type jokes and and his jokes so...well, sorry Chris. :embarrassed: I think I just likened you to Fozzie Bear and myself, so please don't bomb me. :eek:

Crazy Harry just doesn't understand, 50/50 LOL!!! :wink: (Inside joke).

And, darn it, I missed the part where we all put our hands in our pants! Can we do it again?!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ask Ken at Palisades...

If the Muppets get bought by Disney would there be a possibility of a Walt Disney World Exclusive?

Something like...

Waldo/Bean
Sweetums
Chef and Cannon
Rizzo in a Mickey Outfit

Thanks

Luke

Reaction score
If the Muppets do get bought by Disney, and Disney take over the licensing and assuming they don't purposely be completely evasive to Palisades because they might be a bit P'd off they have to wait till 2005 to make cheap PVC's in their sweatshops, you could bet they'd make Palisades pay through the nose for yet another seperate license to cover the Walt Disney World Muppets !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Disney dont hold no license for Waldo or Bean.
Unless they put the Muppet Vision 3D sign on it, Thats pressuming that Disney owns some of the license to that... Which i think they do.

But otherwise Bean and Waldo could be made without Disney's say so right now.

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
If you are talking about costumes that are actually seen in MV3D or anything to do with the Disney shows then it'd depend how the rights are between Disney/Henson for any of their co-productions but i really doubt they could do it without another license. I thought Disney co-developed that show so it's pretty much guaranteed they have a stake in it. Palisades don't have the rights to Waldo whatever - he was Muppetvision 3D/Henson Hour but they could make a request for him and do it in some non-Disney related fashion so they just got permission to do 'Henson Hour' characters and didn't have to bother paying 'The Mouse' although as you say, if Disney bought Henson maybe it might be easier to get some kind of permission but i don't think Diz are shy asking for money. Maybe (remotely possible) they might want a seperate 'Muppetvision' themed figure line to sell in the theme parks though ?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Yeah, thats what i thought.

Seeing as Disney seem to spend alot on there in-park Merchandise.

see ya

WiGgY

Reaction score
Re: Luke,

Originally posted by Warrick
Yeah, thats what i thought.

Seeing as Disney seem to spend alot on there in-park Merchandise.

see ya
When Disney buys the muppets I'd like to see some Palisades figures in the Disney stores with a Disney store exclusive such as Rizzo in the Mickey out fit. And an Alice in Wonder land muppet set would be perfect as a Disney store exclusive PVC set or something. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup. That could give the figures a big boost. I wonder if Disney would try to buy out the contract. :eek:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I hope not. I would hate to see Disney take over making the action figures.