Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Disney products have nothing on these figures and their stuff is getting really cheap these days. :frown: But I remember that most of the old deals were liquidated before the failed buy-out.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Yup. That could give the figures a big boost. I wonder if Disney would try to buy out the contract. :eek:
Yeah that is what i thought a long time back - i'd think they'd want the PVC rights a.s.a.p, they might be the best thing Palisades bought in a long time. I can't see Disney making Muppet Action Figures though but then i can't see them letting Palisades make em after 2005 either ! I checked out the Disney store today and not sure why there is a big difference between UK/USA but collectables are still 'in' here and nice quality stuff - Mini Snow White/Cinderella articulated PVC's were very nice. I think some of their collectable stuff is being made by UK companies so that might explain it. The USA stores sound a bit crappy. As for Disney/Palisades - my thinking had changed to if Diz are so focused just on getting a cheap deal they might not want to spend lots of money buying out the licenses and so either put the Muppets on the backburner for a while, or just make certain products as the licenses gradually end and fall back to them. I do see them buying out of the Columbia deal immediately though - thats a given because of Buena Vista.

I guess Diz buying out the Palisades contract would probably be very nice financially for Palisades. If they just buy 'The Muppets' i'd hope they wouldn't try to get it back legally under some clause or another - if they buy the whole of JHC and give them independance then there should be no change yet. As for Palisades supplying the Disney Store with figures and PVC's it'd be a lovely idea but realistically there's not much chance. Disney are so insistent that only Disney-Approved licensee's make their stuff (they even argued with Henson over it for MTI and MCC) and they obviously go to the big companies and get special deals because all their stuff is made so cheap by the same people - it wouldn't be about the quality but the almighty dollar so not sure Palisades could (or even want) to compete.

If Henson liquidate all the licenses before a Disney buyout do Palisades get a chance to agree yes/no or do they have to just accept it ? I hope Mike has good lawyers !

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
You're scaring me. :eek:
LOL - hey, you're the one who Ken will take to the Virgin Islands from the proceeds of his 'pay off' - get your lycra hot pants at the ready ! :smirk:

Seriously, if i was Mike Horn right now - i'd be laughing my backside off and retaining a decent lawyer !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Walt Disney World just brougth a new set of PVC's exclusive to the Studio 1 Muppet Store.

In the set are -

Statue of Liberty Piggy
Kermit with a Megaphone
Fozzie with a pie
Gonzo
A Cannon
Bean Bunny
Beaker

This is the first Beaker PVC, And the second Bean Bunny PVC to date.

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
How can they make Muppet PVC's if Palisades have the license ? I guess it is specific to the characters at the Disney parks or something. Anyway do they look any good ?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I dread that Disney has a hand in making products; they make tihngs to sell that aren't worth near the price they charge for them. It's all cheaply made, cheaply done, and you can tell it.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

I dunno, They are a Muppet Vision 3D set, So maybe its up to them if they want to make Park Exclusives.

They are very nice, I cant wait to get them!

The only thing thats bad about them is the Cannon, They could have made another figure in its place i think, And Waldo is needed !

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Ah so the Disney stuff was a seperate license then. Hmmm

I was reading over at Palisades that their movie license didn't include the Muppet Babies from MTM either. That s*cks - although i'm not a big Babies fan, they deserved to make that stuff.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
i can't see them (Disney) letting Palisades make em after 2005 either !
Admittedly this should be the least of my fears about Disney taking over JHC, but I am curious if anyone else has any theories on this. I assume Ken would have to stay mum on this but the question is:

What will happen with the Palisades line if Disney buys the JHC and/or Muppets? :confused:

Experience has made me a little jaded when it comes to predicting the future of the Muppets (that way I am always pleasantly surprised), so I am worried that Luke is right... :eek:

I don't want to turn this into another huge Pro/Anti Disney thread, but I'm curious how people see it affecting the figures... especially if anyone has knowledge about such legal/merchandising things.

- Derek