Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
God bless Palisades!!
Indeed, three cheers for Palisades and all their plasticky articulated goodness !!!!!!

:stick_out_tongue:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
*Pins up picture of Janice on wall.*

Life is good. :flirt:
Originally posted by Supper Scooter
I now understadn the fascination.

Yowzah!
:attitude: You two, keep your hands out of your pants. This is a family forum. :attitude:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
His point is, and a most valid one, that after all of Ken's jokes throught the various threads both here and on the Palisades forum, you cannot turn around and alledge that this is now a stoppell forum. You acknowledge that Ken has made his occassional jokes like that before, and Fozzie Bear has made these jokes now. So the defense that this is a stoppell forum is completely inapplicable. Hope this helps.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
His point is, and a most valid one, that after all of Ken's jokes throught the various threads both here and on the Palisades forum, you cannot turn around and alledge that this is now a stoppell forum. You acknowledge that Ken has made his occassional jokes like that before, and Fozzie Bear has made these jokes now. So the defense that this is a stoppell forum is completely inapplicable. Hope this helps.
Did I miss something here? And what is stoppell?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Did I miss something here?
Lots of people with their hands down their pants !

:eek:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken, to answer your questions:
1 Crazy Harry, or Crazy Chris as he's known over at Palisades, is turning into Sam the Eagle and taking offense with the post made by Fozzie Bear who said "*Pins up picture of Janice to wall. Life is good" and SuperScooter's follow-up post of "Now I see what you mean, Yowsa!".
2 (Not sure if I spelled it correctly) Stoppell corporation is a defense mechanism that existed to help out corporations that were wrongly formed when they submitted their certificate of incorporation and relevant documents to their local Department of State so that the corporation could be duely registered as a corporation. Basically, the case which established the requisits of "stoppell" defense were exposed in William Kid vs. Hilton Hotel Inc., Clubman Inc., and Corporación Hotelera de Puerto Rico.
The requisits are:
a. Ignorance that a fault has taken place on behalf of the party who raises the defense mechanism.
b. That there was a relevant matter where there existed a duty to speak out on it but silence was maintained.
c. Actions taken by the part who raises the defense mechanism.
d. That there are actual damages as a result of the action that led to the raising of the defense mechanism.
e. Consistency in the allegations of the defense mechanism, in other words...
Ken Lilly Corp. carries on negotiations with The Count; I can't deny that you're a corporation cause we already carried out negotiations with each other, and you can't deny that you're a corporation yourself cause we already carried out negotiations between each other. (The preceeding was only to be taken as an example, and not a real life situation.)

Hope that helps clear up things, and I got your messages just fine. Have a good night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to say that I'm a law student and I'm currently studying Corporate Law as one of my two courses this semester. That's why I know this stuff, and the defense mechanism explained in my previous post should be raised as a companion mechanism to the defense of a defacto corporation. Even though both of these mechanisms are out-moded in present-day law, they're still used if a defendant corporation presents all the requisit elements for it to be used successfully in a court of law. Hope that helps clear things up even better.