Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
Does Ren & Stimp have a big cast of character's, i always though it was just those two, how many other characters are there?
Let's see...there's Mr. Horse, Shavin' Yak, Bloody Head Fairy, Nerve Ending Fairy (also called Old Man Hunger), Fire Chief, Anthony's Dad, George Liquor, Stinky, Filthy, Kowalski, Sven Hoeck, Log, Sarge, Lump/Loaf, Powdered Toast Man...I know I am forgetting some.

Not to mention tons of classic variations of Ren and Stimpy. Commander Hoeck and Cadet Stimpy, Private Ren and Stimpy, Nurse Stimpy and Patient Ren, Mad Dog Hoeck and Killer Kadugan, Fire Dogs...and many others.

Plus, in theory there should be new characters and old favorites all over the new show.

To say I am excited is an understatement. Wanted this line as much as I wanted Muppets.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What sort of playsets are you considering for the line?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
To say I am excited is an understatement. Wanted this line as much as I wanted Muppets.
Big fan eh Ken ? I checked out all the websites and things and yeah, huge fanbase in the U.S. Being over here where it's much more quiet i didn't realise. Stinky, Filthy and Powdered Toast Man ? I bet you guys are gonna have a ton of fun with this.

So will it affect the Muppet line in any way ?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
So will it affect the Muppet line in any way ?
Yes. It will take some of the PRESSURE off of it. With two lines now running concurrently, not all the pressure will be on Muppets to be the juggernaut. That means more room to have even MORE fun with it and it opens up the possibility of cool stuff.

I can understand how anyone would be nervous. Will Muppets still get all my love? Think of it this way. I don't have kids. Probably won't. Why? I have three hundred babies at the office, all of which get my full and equal attention. Ren and Stimpy is just the latest addition to the family, but that doesn't mean that Muppets doesn't still need just as much care and attention.

Heck, even lines of licenses I was never even into when we got the deal...something takes over when you start working on it and BOOM there you are suddenly immersed and into it. I guess you gotta be that way in order to love your job. Or something...I don't know...it's early.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Powedered Toast Man! LOL!! I forgot about that one.

The only episode of Ren and Stimpy that I remember was when something happened to the cat and the chiuhauha was sitting on the couch next to a white pillow that fell in place and looked like the cat and he eyed it, his eyes bugged out and he screams: "YOU'RE HAUNTING ME!!"

It's funnier than it sounds.

I'm glad you found something cool that you're into like that, Ken. I also remember that when you were discussing the Muppets' line you were way excited about that, too. I'm not worried about you giving up the Muppet line for another. You don't get something this great going just to let it falter and die.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
The only episode of Ren and Stimpy that I remember was when something happened to the cat and the chiuhauha was sitting on the couch next to a white pillow that fell in place and looked like the cat and he eyed it, his eyes bugged out and he screams: "YOU'RE HAUNTING ME!!"
From the episode entitled "The Big Shot", when Stimpy goes to Hollywood after winning the Gritty Kitty poetry contest and Ren is pretty much lost without him.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
From the episode entitled "The Big Shot", when Stimpy goes to Hollywood after winning the Gritty Kitty poetry contest and Ren is pretty much lost without him.
LOL! I can't even do that with Muppet Show episodes. That was FAST, dude!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! I didn't realize Ren and Stimpy were so big. I knew the were popular, but, wow!

Then again, I suppose there are those who don't *shudder* realize how big the Muppets are, either. :embarrassed: