Ask Ken at Palisades

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Seriously, was Spike Lee the first thing you thought of when you heard of this cable channel?
I was thinking about roaches at the time.

Luke

Reaction score
Incidentally, this is the moronic litigation of the week. Spike Lee has expressed interest in suing Spike TV because he feels it bears his name.
Thanks for the info on Ren & Stimpy. Jeez i hope this won't make Muppets take a backseat. Lots of room for both i hope.

I had heard about the litigation but i don't think all the media aren't reporting all the facts. The director of the Spike TV channel *allegedly* was using the name 'Spike Lee' (saying the channel was similar in style to the things the guy is known for) to get carriage on the cable systems or something. So it's not just they are using the name 'Spike' but the director *allegedly* used the name 'Spike Lee' to promote the channel so thats where all this reason for litigation comes from.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ooooh! Muddy Mudskipper action figures!;-)

Yeah Ren and Stimpy have always been popular, too bad I don't think Spike TV is in my area (yet) it took like 3 years for the WB channle to get where I live after the channle first came out, and then they ripped all the cool cartoons off like Earth Worm Jim.

A new Ren and Stimpy cartoon is cool though, anyone know if they will have the same voices for the show? I never really liked sponge Bob and now every store in the planet is stuffed with sponge stuff! it will be cool to see R & S back in action though, but i'm not buying any of the stuff anyways. besides for the Muppets, If Pac Man, or All Dogs go to Heaven action figures are made then I will go shopping:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, I like weird things Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
The director of the Spike TV channel *allegedly* was using the name 'Spike Lee' (saying the channel was similar in style to the things the guy is known for) to get carriage on the cable systems or something. So it's not just they are using the name 'Spike' but the director *allegedly* used the name 'Spike Lee' to promote the channel so thats where all this reason for litigation comes from.
I so don't believe that. Go to the site and look at their programming. If anything they should stay away from "Spike Lee -type" programming. His films seldom turn a profit until a year or so after they hit video. Way too small of a niche. I still think this is narcissism and self-promotion.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I never got into Ren & Stimpy. I watched the show lots to try to give it a chance, and only ONCE did they get a giggle out of me. I'm still unsure how they ever made it.

Spongebob, on the other hand, has humor in it. I giggle a little more often with it.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Does Ren & Stimp have a big cast of character's, i always though it was just those two, how many other characters are there?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ren and Stimpy have a different sort of biting humor. Some of their shows are quite disturbing - much more than Southpark, but they don't need to curse in order to get the joke across. I love Spongebob, but he really is a more Disneyized version of Ren and Stimpy.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ren and Stimpy have a different sort of biting humor. Some of their shows are quite disturbing - much more than Southpark, but they don't need to curse in order to get the joke across. I love Spongebob, but he really is a more Disneyized version of Ren and Stimpy.
Aw c'mon, James--is cannibalism really THAT disturbing?

I mean, REALLY.

:stick_out_tongue: