Ask Ken at Palisades

Baby Animal

Reaction score
So Ken, does this mean that one of these days you are going to receive a Log in the mail?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That was cheesey, Nate. Just don't cut it.

Don't cut the cheese, I mean.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To borrow a quote from fellow forum member Barnacleez, "No sir, I don't like it." Sorry but this is one product line that Im personally not interested in. But their fine work with the Muppets figures will continue to gather my bills as Dr. Teeth keeps singing about Money and I keep counting the figures made.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
Aren't "Ren & Stimpy" a bit errr three years ago ? I can't believe thats still popular in the states. Nice license for them if the new cartoon does well though and existing cult fanbase i guess.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Aren't "Ren & Stimpy" a bit errr three years ago ? I can't believe thats still popular in the states. Nice license for them if the new cartoon does well though and existing cult fanbase i guess.
Three years? 25 years? All of it is relative to the fan base!

King Prawn

Reaction score
I think "Ren & Stimpy" fans are saying the same things about us:smile:

I don't know about "Ren & Stimpy" that's a Nickolodeon cartoon isn't it? I've never seen the show in my life or have even seen the characters.

You know what i find strange about Palisades there like Henson, the can make something like "Jack & The Beanstolk: The Real Story" and we are all eager to see it as it comes from the makers of the Muppets although we only really like the company for the Muppets (and Fraggle's!) and the same thing with Palisades, we started to get into their products simply because they starting producing Muppet figures, then they started making Urban Animal and now Ren & Stimp, i don't know about you guys but i see myself buying Ren & Stimpy, not the whole line of characters, just those two and some Urban Animals.

I wonder if my message got through or if it was just :stick_out_tongue: & :confused:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Three years? 25 years? All of it is relative to the fan base!
Good point - and you have the new TV show with this one too so you've got the instant media profile. It just was never that popular here so i have no idea about the size of the U.S fanbase though i guessed there was one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ren and Stimpy were cross between the South Park and Spongebob of the early to mid 90s. They've never been out of favor, but the show ended with a lot of controversy between the creator and Nick. They were getting all "Disney" on him. Nonetheless, the show has many fans (might actually have more faithful fans than the Muppet Show market, unfortunately) and will have an all-new show very soon on Spike TV.

Incidentally, this is the moronic litigation of the week. Spike Lee has expressed interest in suing Spike TV because he feels it bears his name. What's next? Is someone going to sue HBO over using his or her initials? Talk about blatant narcissism. I guess it gets him much-needed headlines when people have just about forgotten about him. Seriously, was Spike Lee the first thing you thought of when you heard of this cable channel? Sorry, back to the topic. :crazy: :wink:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Incidentally, this is the moronic litigation of the week. Spike Lee has expressed interest in suing Spike TV because he feels it bears his name. What's next? Is someone going to sue HBO over using his or her initials? Talk about blatant narcissism. I guess it gets him much-needed headlines when people have just about forgotten about him. Seriously, was Spike Lee the first thing you thought of when you heard of this cable channel? Sorry, back to the topic. :crazy: :wink:
Yeah, I agree. I thought Jack Nicklaus suing Wilson because of their new "Jack" golf ball was stretching things, but I could see it because when you think of "Jack" as it pertains to golf, you think of Jack Nicklaus. But Spike Lee definitely isn't the first thing I think of when I hear the word "Spike" when it comes to television. That's even more outrageous.