Ask Ken at Palisades

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Frogboy and Thogboy... now Ken's really in trouble!:stick_out_tongue:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Glad to be of service ThogBoy...works better as a single name.

Well, just got back from Suncoast, all they had were Kermit and Piggy (even case pack in Series 2?...uh...YEAH). My purpose there was to obtain the six Muppet movies on DVD. Didn't find MCC. Scored the rest though, and looks like the rest of this weekend will be very Muppety. I have never seen MFS, so that is the first one I am popping in. Can't remember GMC at all, or MTM for that matter. Long ago...memory ain't what it used to be.

GWGumby
Ken, did you ever look into obtaining a copy of "The Muppet Show Book"? If you are interested, but haven't gotten around to it, let me know and maybe I'll see if I can track a copy down for you.

Nope never did. Only one I was ever able to find was The Works and the pop up book Thog Boy lent me...at least I think it was him. Can't remember if it was him or matleo or someone. Hey how about letting me know so I can return the darn thing?

If you coudl score me that book, I'd make it worth your while.

dr. gorry
i have that book.and i say silver bases for series 2.and is it me or do the series 2 figures look huge next to the series 1.i mean look at the pic with bunsen next to fozzie.fozzie's a giant!!!!

Those are the sculpts compared to the figures themselves. The Foz there is a 1.25 up and the figures are, well, actual figure size.

ZootandDingo
Ken, when you mentioned a Floyd repaint as a possibility for San Diego, did you mean the current Floyd repaint that will be included in the cases, or a third version of Floyd?

I meant the existing one...not doing the in case chase at all. But right now Invisible Fozzie is the front-runner...I just gotta get approval from Henson to do it. If I can't it will be a Vanishing Cream Bunsen.

SPECIAL ED

Reaction score
im confused i thought animal was san diego?have anyinvisable beakers left lol? is this right ken just pulled this off someguys auction Beaker comes with a tube of Vanishing Cream that fits in the hand of the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew figure. Beaker is limited to only 1,500 made (no matter what anyone else might say, this number is straight from Palisades). :eek:

dr. gorry

Reaction score
great to see you got the movies!well i saw a muppet movie marathon not too long ago.actually i just watched MCC,MTM,MFS,TMM,TGMC,meet the muppets(a bunch of video clips from the muppet show.),more muppets please(same as meet the muppets),MFC,MTI,and a ton of muppet baby movies all in a row.best day of my life,and longest day of my life too.lol.i remember everything from MFS,has an alien attire gonzo ever come to mind(probobly not since you've never seen MFS).what i mean is that wierd helmet on his head,the tin foil suit with wires on it.just my 1 cents.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Regarding Beaker...only 1500 were sold at the show . But many more than that are being made. Probably at least 4000 pieces. Possibly more depending on demand.

So that is the OFFICIAL word from Palisades.

matleo

Reaction score
hey Ken,

I sent you the Pop-up book.. I've mentionedi t in a few e-mails to you. you responded to the e-mail but never mentioned the book so I thought yo uwere still using it. When you're done...I have the Muppet Show Bookwhich I could also happily lend you. I've also found a copy you can but on the net. I'll send you the link.

--Matt

danielromens

Reaction score
Ken,

I just bought my figures from Toy's R Us. Kudos man Kudos. I'm currently a sculpture major and I must say the detail that has gone into these bad boys is top notch. I really couldn't find any complaints. An achievement of grand porportions my good man. I've always been a huge fan of action figures and an even bigger fan of the Muppets. I had started to collect the Simpsons, but where I lived they are almost impossible to locate them all. Anyway, I will without a doubt be fishing up as many of these as I can.

My questions are these..

Is there still the possibility of getting on the Vanishing Creme/Collector's club list?

How does one aquire more information on your company? I've taken down the info from the website, but was really interested in finding out more about what you folks do, as well as possibly sending you some drawings and portforlio sorts of things, also the correct way to go about doing so. I'm moving into my last year as a student (finally, I decided to be a trilogy senior, thus finishing a double degree in art) and want to start bugging people for jobs. I would love to have a hand in these and beyond. A job like would be a fans dream. Lucky man. Envious.

Any info would be appreciated. My address.

dromens@hotmail.com

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Who was asking me earlier about YWASC?

http://216.127.66.72/a/gallery/album05?&page=2
That was me! Thanks for the pics, I can't wait to get my hands on them!

To Quote the Springfield quiz Show "ME Wanteeee!"
(betcha thought no one would catch that one, didn't ya?)
The Rankin Bass figures make such cool figures, now we just need somebody to make figures from Mad Monster Party hint, hint.

Squigiman

Reaction score
HOLY JUMPIN' JIMINY!!!!!

Hey,
Well, I am finally totally caught up with these posts. It's hard to believe, but I've done it. I have so many things to say, but some of the issues they pertain to are long dropped. Anyways, first and foremost, after I finally got to post last, which was a long, wordy post, I get no interesting responses to my contribution??? True, Matt got back to me about my prior-arranged trade, and Phillip about access issues, but not a drop otherwise??? I thought I'd try to get re-acquainted with the community, especially in mentioning my and my girlfriend's 1-year anniversary, just in the same way that Ken talks about his wedding aside from the toys, and others mention their kids and significant others, but nothing, not even a single "Congratulations!"??? I don't mean to sound bitter, but just because I haven't posted all the time, I don't think I should be looked over. Anyways, enough of that rant, and on to some other more general issues, with the toys and such.

My toys- I got the EB Piggy and my girlfriend bought me Kermit, and I just opened them, today, and am very pleased with them. Kermit's just about perfect. I really enjoy the texturing, detail, and articulation. He does keep seeming to be a little dark green compared to the pictures, but it's a little nitpicky complaint, and I can live with it. He's great. I also really like Piggy, and her accessories are fantastic, with the movability of the mirror, its actual reflectiveness along with the handheld, as well as the drawer. Same goes for Kermit's camera. Her boa sure does take up a lot of room, though, but I think it's alright how I eventually got it. When I look up at her, I can see into her neck, and that kinda bothers me. Anyone else notice this, or is it just mine? Once again, small detail. Also, the inclusion of the logo bases was a really smart idea. Perfect for displaying them, especially with two pegs each. All in all, really terrific figures, and I can't wait to collect the whole set. I mean the WHOLE set, not just series 1. Once again, though, my biggest complaint is that they're too big. Does anyone else feel the same way, or am I alone on this one??? Anyways, the thing is, for one it boosts prices, making this wonderful line harder for me to obtain. Secondly, it means they take up more space. Lastly, the reason I give myself for collecting figures is to get complete sets of characters to one day make a gigantic crossover stop-motion movie, including all my favorites. At their current size, they work great with each other, but I was planning with the stage, Pigs in Space, and Koozebane to use my Bespin Luke, R2, 3PO, and Chewie to re-enact that classic episode. Now, they're totally dwarfed by the Muppets themselves. What to do, what to do??? Well, I suppose I could let this go, too, as without their size, they might not be as well detailed or articulated.

Sweetums- Glad to hear he's coming along, though with the above-mentioned size issues, I wonder if he'll even fit in my room. Anyways, was it ever answered about what materials would be used to make him? Will there be any cloth, all one PVC, or layers of different hardness???

Statler and Waldorf- I can't wait for these two, as well as my older brother, who isn't even a huge Muppet fan like me, but I am dissappointed to hear that they are going to look like their more modern, and frankly in my and others' opinion, worse styles. To me this makes no sense. I feel, if Pepe can't be in a "Muppet Show" line because he's more recent, why should these new incarnations of the classic characters be allowed? I am glad however to take comfort in the fact that they'll be able to sit. I figure you(Ken) and the rest at Palisades will do their best to make them good toys.

Rizzo- I was going to say in the middle, when that poll was around, as I think a compromise is best, but at the size of the current toys, I feel like minimal cheating would be neccessary to get him both close to his actual size, and still well-articulated for a smaller toy.

Nurses Outfits- I am definitely a purist on this one. While taking liberties on the Lab and Kitchen are one thing, these are totally different. Those were loosely defined areas, and tinkering seems to only take what was there and improve. The two Nurse characters, however, are just that, characters. "Nurse Piggy" and "Nurse Janice" had looks of their own. If you gave Piggy a Nurse outfit, perhaps as a later variant, call it "Piggy as a Nurse", or something like that. To say she was "Nurse Piggy" would be a lie.

Chef Playset- Sounds just fantastic and can't wait to see it, though I'm still waiting to see the Lab in stores. Anyways, thanks for putting so much effort into this. It seems to sound just unbelievable in both detail and play-value. Kudos to you, Ken and Palisades! Anyways, now that he's coming along, please tell me that he has more human (Frank Oz) hands, rather than the puppetty ones used when he's alone on display or something!

Otherwise, there's still my take on the whole Simpsons/Muppets toy line comparison, and racist jokes, but I think you've all had enough of me for now. Sorry if I bored you, but I had that all pent up, and I just had to get it out of my system. Thank you all for your time, and thank you, Ken Lilly, for all your terrific and hard work, making people happy. :wink: Take care, everybody!

-Squigiman