Ask Ken at Palisades

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
Hey, Ken.

Any point in saving the proofs of purchase for a future mail-in offer?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Probably not. I bet if they do a mail away offer, they'll do like Playmates is doing with the Simpsons, where only UPC's from certain series will qualify. I think that was a very smart thing to do on Playmates part, as I could have choked them with older UPC's from all the other series. :wink:

But then, remember what Ken said about hope.... :wink:

bw0000

Reaction score
I hate the UPC idea! I'm a MOC collector and don't want to have to cut my Figs!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Pschtyckque
Any point in saving the proofs of purchase for a future mail-in offer?

Not right now. If we were to do that, better to let people know ahead of time. And also, I think that after SDCC we need to chill a bit on the exclusives...let people focus on the regular figs for a while.

beaker Hey Ken, you once mentioned how youd like to do a shrinking(or shrink ray?) Beaker where hed come with a shrink ray and a smaller pvc of Beaker. Is anything like that in the works, or other Muppet labs add-ons/variants?

Nothing in the works, but those would be cool!

Aerosmith Hey Ken is the Toy Fare Tux Kermit packaged diffrent than the TRU Tux Kermit?

Yes. The ToyFare one has a ToyFare exclusive sticker on it. ToysRUS opted not to have a sticker on their package. That is the only difference. Sorry about your smeared Kerm. Sounds like the paint migrated during shipping, either when we did or when they did. I got the impression you asked the question because you were thinking about getting one at TRU instead. If the sticker doesn't mean anything to you do that...they are identical in every other way, including SKU number. Other than that you could send yours to us and we could replace it with the TRU, non-sticker one.

uncleduke
I never said she couldn't wear a dress, I said I couldn't imagine her in a dress.
Heck, Ken can wear a dress. I just prefer not to imagine it

Yeah but I look so GOOD in them...oh wait a minute...I'm in the wrong forum board...D'oh!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by bw0000
I hate the UPC idea! I'm a MOC collector and don't want to have to cut my Figs!
If you are careful, you won't cut the figs, just the cards :big_grin:

Just hang out at the store, and when you see a kid buy one, ask him if he's gonna open it. That's what a MOC friend of mine did when WWF had the Attitude points program, and he wound up with like 4 Litas

bw0000

Reaction score
Good idea thanks! *Benjie leaves to go set up camp outside TRU! *

Luke

Reaction score
This may sound like a wierd question but then aren't they all (well besides from those from the potentially boring people).

Are the figures flame retardent or should we think about getting $100 wizard world exclusives covered on the household insurance - y'know acts of fire, theft, flooding, being shot from a cannon, chicken pox, nuclear war with certain asian countries ?

I just want to be sure i'm covered in case i get drunk and splurge on ebay with my girlfriends credit card.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Nope not flame retardent...that plastic will melt like the rest of them. But the fumes...ah, the sweet fumes of burning plastic...

Purple haze...all round...don't know...if I'm going up or down....!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know - those plastic fumes are an added high when unwrapping thes wonderful figures. It's so potent at first it almost seems like a spray-on. Well, I'm addicted! LOL

Ken - Just wondering if you have thought about making the wonderful info panel on the back into some sort of trading card(s)? They are done so beautifully but are have little usefulness or exposure in their current form. I think it could be a great extra! It could also include the credits for each figure - you know, all that stuff! Maybe even a sneak peek at the next line? Or they coul all fit together to make some sort of pattern on the back! Another great incentive to get them all!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
All great ideas...the only one in play right now is that starting with Series 2 there is a small section that says "coming soon...Series 3!" and it has little pics of the puppets being turned into figs in the next series on it. Also, on the Invisible Spray Fozzie package Keith, who designed the box, put together a sweet pic of all the figs from Series one and two, including the exclusives, in a group shot together. Looks really COO-WUHL.