Ask Ken at Palisades

uncleduke

Reaction score
Re: Re: Big Splashat Botcon!

Originally posted by grail

you know...sometimes it's better if i just don't comment on things....

Funny you should men..........

Nah, I just can't... it'd be too easy to make a cheap shot out of that comment!

danielromens

Reaction score
pig of the amazon...

Hey there Ken,

First of all I'll start by saying I love your line. Second of all, I'll start by saying I'm not a Piggy fan. I do however think that you built a beautiful likeness with the EB Piggy. It's great. I just received mine in the mail. So I was looking it over, picking it apart as everyone else, to see what I thought of her much talked about figure. Here's my opinion...

Dead on. I did however see something different. I don't think her hight is much different than how she's been for some time. The problem as I see it comes from her height. She's friggin tall. WNBA tall Ken. I also think it's interesting that right now, in proportion she is the tallest of the series. This has never been the case. I really do think her arms and legs are perfect in thickness, they're just too long. Her head and upper body look great, but her appendages make her tower over kermit. She's always been bigger, but not that big. How will she look standing next to the others. Fozzie should be taller but it's looking rough for the old bear. Just my opinion though.

As for Rowlf, I really do think you hit the nail on the head. He's a big dog and I just always kind of pictured him like this. Great work, cant wait to see him painted.

Daniel Romens

fitz3641

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here, just found out about the Muppets line a week or so ago and am now hooked - Ken, I just sent an email to you about this, but just in case you don't get it: I just asked for an application form for the club, and was wondering once I received it, filled it out, and made my payment with Paypal if I would still be able to receive the really nice looking VC Beaker? Thanks a lot.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You no longer need to fill out an application. You can send the funds immediately via PayPal and yes you'll receive a VC Beaker. They still have some of them for club members.

fitz3641

Reaction score
Thank you, Phillip - I just sent a payment of $30 to the address and included my email address, name, and shipping address - hopefully that is all I have to do - - I'm very happy right now to be getting into such a great club for a great line of toys.

grail

Reaction score
go fitz!

it's really cool to see people show up excited about these figures, and not be as cynical as some of the people that have been here awhile. personally, i think some folks have had to go without for so long, that when they finally get what they want, it has no hope of meeting their expectations.

i, however think the figures are awesome (and before anyone says it, i am NOT kissing *****, i thought that even BEFORE i came in here, so shut up), and i can't wait to see where Palisades goes with them next!

fitz3641

Reaction score
Grail, is my excitement that obvious? Haha

One last question before I leave: will I receive any confirmation email or club email from Palisades (other than the Paypal receipt) now that I have sent my payment? Thanks.

trilamb

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What's the scoop on the invisible spray fozzie? I live in Los Angeles and want to make the drive down to the San Diego Comic Con to pick a few up. I'm also a member of the Palisades Toy Club. When will you guys be offering Fozzie to members? Also, on what day can I pick up the fozzie figure at the SDCC? I don't want to make the drive and find them sold out or not on sale yet. Other than that, the figure looks awesome and I can't wait to get at them.

Matty

grail

Reaction score
question answering time...

first to fitz - don't i wish, they're really busy over there at Palisades right now, so you probably won't hear anything from them until you get your membership kit in the mail (no laughing from the English..."kit" means something different here). if you payed via paypal, though you should know that you're clear when they accept your money.

now trilamb - they havn't announced when they would be available to club members yet, though i'm sure they will directly after ComiCon. from what i understand they're going to run Fozzie like they did Beaker...they'll have a set amount each day, so on each day, you've got a shot at getting one (but let's not be greedy, now)

you folks that get to go to ComiCon are so lucky...i live in Indiana...life's not fair...(but then i DID just get back from BotCon)

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Grail - 'Kit' means exactly the same here too and we use the term 'membership kit' here - unless you are taking your 'kit' off in which case it means someone is getting naked !