Ask Ken at Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! Link looks just the way he should! Someone helped describe his photo to me and I have some questions.
What are the donut-shaped wedges on his shoulders?
TWhat are the ropecords holding up his belt and gloves?
BTW: When I clicked on the picture's link, I got the same results as when I surveyed the pictures from Series 3. The photo only showed the figure up to its knees, but the legs and shoes were omitted. Is this a problem that others have experienced? Is this a problem with the website or the computer used to see the photos?
Well, with Link Hogthrob in the developmental stages, it won't be that much longer until the Muppets figure line reaches to infinity and beyond!

The Count.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like the idea of an Electric Mayheim Bus. But I don't like how Janice was bumped to series 5. (Byron must really be fuming about this!) But what has to be done, has to be done!

So, I wonder, how's the Swinetrek coming? WIll it be an exact copy of the set, or will you take a few liberties with it.

I saw the serie 2-3 sets (thus so far) in a magazine, and I'm (to quote Sam of Sam and Max) Drooling like a Norweigian Elk Hound! Vacation Fozzie may be the one time I might Splurge (no, not Splurge the Muppet) and buy a varient! (unless you still do the Super Scooter, then I'll get two varients)

I do not have a collection of the first (mainstream) series as of yet! I'm saving up for Muppet Labs, and I may or may not get Kermit yet, but today, I'm going to see if I can get Dr. Bunsen after class!

My compliments to the sculpters et al at Palisades!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken,

Link looks more like the older version, and he looks great at that! The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the eyes, but that's probably just because they're not painted yet; once I see them painted they'll probably look fine. Sideshow, IMO, didn't do a good job with Link's eyes, so I guess they may be a trouble spot. Gotta get another look at a picture of the porker to see how the eyes look on the unpainted sculpt. Kudos again for this great sculpt. How are the others in Series 4 looking?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

matleo

Reaction score
to quote Keannu Reeves...whoa! ccol!

Link is exactly how I pictured he'd be. Link is on a list of about 10 figures who I have believed Palisades would out do themselves on and you guys have not disappointed!! (Fozzie, Sam, Dr. Teeth, Lew and Clifford are also on that list) What's really funny is the sculpt on the body. I mean funuy in a good way funny. Like haha funny. he's got the Captain Kirk swagger you see on all the Star Trek stuff. you know that lurch that Bill Shatner does soemtimes when he's feeling 'particialrly macho'. Look at that second picture (the front view). He's got so much personality in hm. I love that Palisades can just capture that personality in some of these chracters like that. I Can't wait to see him painted. He really needs that PIS logo before he comes together. Ken, howare you guy going to do that?? Will it be decal that you guys put on or will it be painted on each figure??

One other thing, Ken, remember the other day when I asked about which photo you'd use on the "Starhog" magazine? If I had a personal choice I'd go with using the puppet. I think it woudl actually enhances the appreciation of the sculpt by allowing the owner to have a side by side comparison and this sculpt is so beautiful that it deserves it.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
WOW. I'm not even a Disney fan, per se, but these look wonderful.
Anyway. Those are very cool. If I had access to them, I'd be filling up too--especially if they came out with Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast....

Can't wait for Monsters INC to come out next week...

Quinnnnnnnnnn

I hear yah! I hope they have Kingdom of Hearts Nightmare Before X-mas toys.

Anyway, were did everyone find pictures of Link Hogthrob figure?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I hear yah! I hope they have Kingdom of Hearts Nightmare Before X-mas toys.

Anyway, were did everyone find pictures of Link Hogthrob figure?
The American "Kingdom Hearts" toys, made by N2 Toys will feature a Jack Skellington figure in its primary wave of figures, which are due out this month. I can't speak for the Japanese "Disney Magical Collection" toys that also have Kingdom Hearts figures, other than that the two lines' figures are different.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Direguard my Link Question! I saw it!

Originally posted by Gonzo
Ken, Link is looking GOOD! So good that I think I'll have some sausage links for breakfast just to commemorate him and his chin-butt-thing.
A lot of those kinds of guys have Chins shaped like butts. It's just so... so weird. I reality you'd need painful, painful plastic surgery (to say nothing of butt displacement) to get that kinda look!

But I saw the figure... COOOOOOOOOOOL (boy, do I feel like a schnook sayin' that!)

I can't wait to see a sneak preview of Dr. Juilius T. Strangepork!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken- two Link questions

Ken,

Looking at the pic of Link again, the eyes look better now. But I still have two questions:

Link changed noticeably between seasons 3 & 4 of TMS. Not just the design (yours looks like the older, classic one) but also the color. The original had a flesh-colored skin tone and blond hair, whereas the later version was much darker and had practically white hair. Which PMS callout did Henson give you? Is his colorization comparable to Piggy's? On that note, is his blond hair going to be yellow as well?

The other question is: is Link's skin textured? I couldn't tell from looking at the photo. I know Piggy's skin wasn't but I wasn't sure if that was an 'all pigs' thing or just a Piggy thing.

Thanks.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

simon42

Reaction score
OMG! He is so awesome! I can't wait until Series 4! Those ears are just too cool!