Ask Ken at Palisades

Irving Bizarre

Reaction score
What, three people actively using and seven guests is too much? Is that all it takes to mess up the database and screw up the PHP? Surely not. The only thing other than that I can think of is people hotlinking to the pictures and draining bandwidth. Squeezing all the legitimate users out.

Now, bearing in mind that I'm in the Uk so I'm up before the US and using the net while it's normally all quiet and the world sleeps I still get the error messages. I can access the main site but not the forums so the gateway is fine partly unless the forums are on a different server. I'd accept an occasional hour or so of busy time to keep me out but bearing in mind that so many of us have been 'locked out' it seems more than likely that the forums software is corrupted in some way. It only takes one wrong string of code to corrupt pages worth of PHP programming. One bad update or wrong command stroke.
But, given that Pallisades are hoping to have the collectors club section updated and all up and running soon I would imagine that things will be back to normal soon.
If that means host migration or a further server to take some strain, new software or a simple update to the Vbulletin version used already, I'm sure pallisades are onto this like a wolf on a stag, like a cobra on a prairie dog, like a shark on a sea otter.

pxlforge

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Palisades board doesn't close down, it's either got too many people logged in, or you might just have to hit refresh. That's what happens to me!
Palisades Message board has been totally down since Saturday morning (but at least Saturday you could lurk but not post, can't even get in at all now) due to technical difficulties FAR beyond the usually chronic problems that are fixed by repeated refreshes.

Fozzie

Reaction score
Are there any plans for figures from A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"?

ExodiaTF1

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Ken has stated a price for the backstage playset w/ naked rowlf, i was curious cause it sounds big, and need to know if i should start saving now? thank you. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Exodia. No, a definite price for the backstage playset hasn't been said as of yet. But since it's most probable that it'll be sold at most other retail locations which carry the line, and most importantly Target stores, the playset will need to fit into the same-sized box as the Swedish Kitchen and the SwineTrek. So since the backstage would be fit into the same-sized box and placed in the same already-designated position at Target stores, expect it to retail for around $30 to $35.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

ExodiaTF1

Reaction score
thanks count that is what i was thinking, now do you or anyone else happen to know about rowlf not coming with his other piano(i think its called a box piano), i think i read that in one of the palisades posts but have not heard anything definite.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Exodia. If you mean the brown upright piano, yes, I'm afraid to say that it's unfortunately true. The brown upright piano won't be included in the backstage playset with Rowlf. That was an item too big and too pricey within the item's internal budget to fit with the playset. However, there have been some suggestions as to how the upright piano could be released, and all we can do is hope and trust that Ken & Co. will maybe release it in the future to complete our Rowlf's mini-environment.
Hope this helps and have a pleasant morrow.

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
I hate to ask if this was asked before (I don't have the time to read through five pages), but are there any plans to rerelease Zoot and other hard to find figures?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken pretty much said that once the production run of figures has been completed, that's it for that particular figure and no re-releases would be made. However, can't say that they'll "never" be re-released, cause that could always be an option left open for the future should the line do well enough to merit said re-releases. And besides, as Ken would say... Anything Is Possible!
Hope this helps and have a pleasant morrow.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
On the one hand... On the other...

On the one hand, that is totally cool for the collector and I am sure the runs had to be somewhat limited (one of the sinkers of this type of toy line) and that is AWESOME for increased market value. On the OTHER hand, it sucks for those people jumping on board now. I am not ONE of those people, but I can understand the angst. Of course anything IS possible as Ken has proven by announcing the release of Marvin Suggs... HAHAHAAHAH

Good luck in your quest for Zoot. I KNEW I shoulda bought those suckers up... Grrr...