Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Are there any plans to ever do any full size Muppet Monsters like Sweetems?

Davina

Reaction score
oh that'd be sweet.. but the shipping alone would kill me i think.... when it comes to postal law.. Alaska is treated as a third world country... *sigh*

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
OK Travis....we got the frog, the Animal, and the weirdo. now bring us the Bear and Pig! I cannot wait for these guys. I still think Gonzo is awesome. He will be great with my others. So looking forward to the preorders! :embarrassed:

dwmckim

Reaction score
As evidenced by this thread, there are a lot of hardcore fans who are willing (and able) to pay a great deal of money for such a unique high quality product.

Unfortunately, one's love and hardcore fan status is not exclusive to a particular financial class of person - so there exists people like myself who while i live, breathe, and sleep Muppet/Henson love - am among the working poor (thank you ever so much Mr. Bush!) who has to work two jobs in order to keep up with the cost of living (and sometimes wonders if the cost is too much and should just make things easier by eliminating the "living" part) and STILL has to often decide which bill to postpone paying every month. Despite my love and desire to, the reality is that i know that i simply can not at this very hard time in my life pay over $50 for a Muppet product regardless of what the product is. (I've been in the unenviable position of even having to sell parts of my collection that i never thought i would have to part with.)

For those of us in that boat, is there any chance of MR doing any kind of contests or promotions where a fan who would never be able to obtain one otherwise might be able to win one? I'm sure a lot goes into pricing and part of that is looking to eventually sell them to where they ideally go out of stock and the end figure from that is kept in mind on the initial price point - but could anywhere from five to even one be set aside for such a promotional giveaway purpose?

tomahawk

Reaction score
Not a question. Just a note for Travis and everyone at Master Replicas on how great Gonzo looks. You, Travis, were more than right. He looks great in person. It didn't take any time to let him grow on me. He is already growing on me as only Gonzo can. Thanks!

muppetguy

Reaction score
Travis....if You Can Hear Me....

TRAVIS! MuppetCapers pics of all three are amazing. Gonzo looks spectacular! I am still awaiting mine. Now, bring on the Bears pre-order and the pigs proto shots! Can't wait for Fozzie and Piggy and then the fab 5 are complete!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. Gearing up for Toy Fair next week, and it's taking up all of my time. Anyway, here are the questions that I think I had left unanswered to date. (BTW, for thos of you who think some of the following answers might be rude, bear in mind that Blinky_Fish and I are old friends... despite the fact that he is annoying.)

Is Gonzo's head removable? I mean, with out a French Adjustment?
No. You're an idiot.

And, If you are up for it and give me the dimensions of S&W I would hack one out of foam for the office. By the time they get made I should have it perfected.
Once I get the dimensions, I will give them to you. P.S. You're an idiot.

Are you makin' any money on the streets of SFO? Saw a lot of other BUM's out there - Thought the competition would be rough.
Competition is rough. And no, I am not making any money.

I was just wondering, since Gonzo has all of that stocking material - what area of the world is the crime level dropping?
It's actually gone up, on account of all of the hate on this board. Ironic, yes. Idiot.

Is Camilla coming with synthetic feathers? I mean, Would be better for the whole Gonzo thing.
There will be no Camilla. Although, I would consider sponsoring a "Make your own Chicken" contest.

What are the odds of making a Lucy the **** from Avenue Q? My MR Animal is getting lonley in the glass case I bought at Ikea.
Yeah, I am sure that's in our license.

And, congrats... you are my new abuse-ee (Ken II):wink:
And you are my new idiot.

Are there any plans to ever do any full size Muppet Monsters like Sweetems?
There are not, but anything is possible. That said, don't hold your breath.

For those of us in that boat, is there any chance of MR doing any kind of contests or promotions where a fan who would never be able to obtain one otherwise might be able to win one? I'm sure a lot goes into pricing and part of that is looking to eventually sell them to where they ideally go out of stock and the end figure from that is kept in mind on the initial price point - but could anywhere from five to even one be set aside for such a promotional giveaway purpose?

Actually, there have been a couple of contests on the MR site. Although there's nothing planned for the immediate future, I am sure there will be more. I will be sure to post it here, the next time this kind of event comes up!

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Fine - I'm an id10t but you still have to wake up knowing that you stink at Halo. And - My "junk" is in a bunch so make sure you get you head out of your... resting place and your hands out of those finger cuffs you were issued and help us out.

Now, get back on the corner and make me some money. :smile:

BTW - FARA sent you guys a package today - Being the cheap person she is before the Postage hike. I told her to hold it and make you take it back with you. You obviously don't have enough on your back yet.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Travis:

Anymore updates as far as Fozzie doing or the next Muppet poser?

And is the Fozzie Poser going to be at toy fair? That would be awesome to see him there again this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.