1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by ElecMayhem, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

To confuse things even more, lol, are you sure Esdevium aquired PopCo, and isn't just sharing what was known as "Cards Inc" with Corgi International? As i just found this dated May 20th from an industry website -

http://www.licensemag.com/licensema...Article/detail/517641?contextCategoryId=10030

This would suggest Popco is still part of Corgi International, and that Popco/Master Replicas has merged and is now PopCo Entertainment. Also (if the articles correct as of 3 days ago) the positive news is that Popco will carry on producing Master Replicas licenses although it doesn't mention Muppets.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I dont know what to think.It appears PopCo is the new name for Corgi International, as I mentioned earlier.So Esdevium dont own PopCo, just Cards,Inc.But they seemed to be linked? I am going now as I have a headache and a red face!LOL.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

LOL, me too. Not sure how this will affect the Muppet license, or if there is any restructuring at what is/was Master Replicas, if it all - i'd take nothing for certain until we hear something specific.
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well it appears we're getting the bear and anything after that (the pig) is suspect at this time. I'd feel complete with Fozzie, but really want the pig.

Hey Travis:
    I know you're not showing prototype pictures of Fozzie at this time (and I really understand why that could be) but could you share what some of the trouble areas are on him? I'm thinking the fur is the main issue, maybe some facial ratio tweaks? It's at least cool hearing about it. Oh and will the box art reflect Master Replicas' or Corgi's logo?

Thanks. We appreciate all you do for Muppet crazies (as we count you as one of em...er...us). :o
  5. muppetperson

It has something to do with the under head structure of Fozzie as Terry had to send another guide on that.
  6. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

Jamie - go see if the offices are still there
  7. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Traaaaaaaaa-vissssss
  8. Davina

Davina Member

hrm.. maybe we need to offer him a bribe to show back up....

uhm.. Travis.. I'll send you some home made cookies...
    hehehehe
  9. Reevz1977

Davina, any chance you could slip a tracking device in one of those cookies...for the future;)
  10. muppetperson

Travis hasnt even visited here since April 15, unless he has viewed it as a guest without logging in.
  11. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

It feels like it is time for a Muppet song to start! :D
  12. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Heres a song For Travis:

You'll make us happy
    When you come back here
    To tell us news on our Fozzie Bear

We'll be excited
    'Cause he'll be with the other three

You'll make us happy
    to give us anything
    Throw us a bone or
    A rubber chicken

You'll make us happy, if you can come back please....:)

Hope you all like...it was quick.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:) Travis

Posting in this thread adds twenty minutes to your life! (And not "brushing your teeth" minutes...like really fun minutes with beer and pizza.)

Hey, it's worth a try! ;)
  14. Davina

Davina Member

hehehe at least one person around here must know how to track the missing boy down!
    *sigh* hope nothing has gone wrong with his personal life or something to have kept him out for so long...
  15. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Hey guys haven't been around in awhile just checking in. I guess no news is good news? That's what Gary Gnu says at least!

Kevin
  16. Davina

Davina Member

oh man.. haven't even thought of Gary Gnu in ages...... *laugh*
  17. Reevz1977

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIS. Whats up fella, you don't like us anymore? :o(
  18. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

19. Reevz1977

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This thread is about to make page 2. GIVEUSANUPDATE, puuuuurrrleeeeeease!
  20. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Hey all-

Once again, here I am WAAAAY late in posting anything. But, I am leaving for a nice 9-day vacation (which frankly is LONG overdue) and I didn't want to make you guys wait another week and a half for an update.

Except that, sadly, there's not update to give.

Fozzie is still in the works -- but due to the complicated nature of the product, the vendor we had HOPED to use has passed on the project. And so, we're shopping for a new vendor... which has set the project back a bit. We're probably looking at Spring 2009 now. Not much more we can do -- the vendor we had hoped to use took a crack at a prototype, but found it too difficult, and respectfully passed.

Nothing else to add at this point. Sorry that I've been away so long, but I promise I will pop in and let you know if and when things progress.

How's everything else going for y'all? ;)

Couple of quick notes:

Davina - where are the cookies I was promised? :o

muppetguy - Love the song...but don't give up your day job. Unless your day job is lyricist. :)

Reevz1977 - Of COURSE I still like you... except for Blinky_Fish. He creeps me out.

Talk to you all soon(ish)-

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.