1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Ask Travis: A Master Replicas Photo Puppet Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by ElecMayhem, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

There. Does anyone believe me now?

:p
  2. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Thanks Travis! What a bummer, we don't get no Muppets foir 2008. Oh well.
  3. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Travis!

Oh, it's so nice to hear from you. I see you liked my version of He'll make me happy....lol. I can't wait to get Fozzie, so badly. I also can't wait for Piggy. I NEED HER DESPERATELY. Everytime I watch a muppet film or the seasons, I want her more and more. I can't wait. Let me know what you think. I know you will probably want to get fozzie going before her, I just wanted to say how much I'd like her too. HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION....I WONDER WHERE YOU'RE GOING? ENJOY!:)
  4. Davina

Davina Member

i need an address to send cookies too!
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

I know what you mean but i take it they are still doing the Electric Mayhem figures? I guess we don't know if they went beyond prototype.

I really hope they can find someone who can make a decent looking Fozzie at a cost that makes it worthwhile Master Replicas putting him out. I'd be willing to pay more if it came to it even if they just put out 500.
  6. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

It's been so long I just wanted to remind us as I had forgotten, post questions to Travis in bold. To make it easier on him.

Shall we start the countdown to his vaca ending in 9 days? He's not going to want it to end, and we're counting down the days till it does. We are cruel. LOL

Um, Now I regress and ask all of us, if it could be done in the 2008 time schedule,and if the much smaller size does actually mean that it would be easier to produce. Which of Robin, Rizzo or Pepe would you prefer they made to get something in 2008 for us? It's a hypothetical. Terry and OWE can we get your comments on that. Just if it is easier with a smaller character, logistics, etc.

Glad to see your alive and well Trav-Daddy, how is be-be?

Kevin Knight
  7. Davina

Davina Member

Pepe.. definately Pepe.. we have next to nothing of him...... that and I would love to get a good Pepe to take a picture of him and our little "Pepe" (the pooch in my avatar...) before she finally decides she's done... *sigh* poor thing can't do stares anymore and doesn't always walk so well anymore..
    So I want Pepe most of all...
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

I would prefer Rizzo, or maybe Pepe. I think Rizzo would be cool because you could pose him in different themes, and maybe people might buy more to make up other rats. Just because they're small doesn't make them easy though, just less materials - something like Beaker would probably be easiest to design and produce. Hypothetically of course, as they still had the problem of finding competant factories to produce them for the budget even with Animal and Gonzo, so if we just saw a Fozzie, sometime, anytime, i'd be more than happy.
  9. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Oh heck yeah, that's what I said in like my second to last post and I agree with you. If they need to totaly concentrate, then by all means starve us. I'd rather not see or hear anything for 8 months and get a stellar Fozzie (just like Terry's prototype) than get be spoonfed to keep my interest. Basically MR; we ain't going no where. but I thought asking the question about pepe, Rizzo, and Robin if posed (no pun intended) would be thought provoking at best.

Kevin
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My preference has always been Pepe. Rizzo has never been a particular favorite of mine, however I like the idea that a Rizzo pattern could possibly unlock a way to mix and match parts resulting in multiple rats. That's probably too complicated. Also if Rizzo comes out he'd likely look modern anyway so why not just make modern Muppet Pepe? I believe Travis did say he preferred the classic characters. I like the idea of Robin too.

My dream lineup of 5 to follow Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy = Pepe, Scooter, Rowlf, Teeth, Beaker. Duos would be so hard to pack together and so hard to sell singularly except for Beaker. As far as popular character sales - Rizzo, Sam or Chef would fare better than Scooter or Teeth.
  11. Davina

Davina Member

oh i think they all know we'll take whatever they see fit to give us *grin* heh.. and most of us may grumble but can certainly live with delays if it means a better product.. (and hey, right now, delays are helpful to my budget *sigh* with increased prices everywhere and hubby getting ready for a year long deployment... I can take delays on big budget items....)
    but.. it never hurts to day dream a little.. :)
  12. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

HE LIVES!

Dude! Go back with your tail between your legs back to the previous plant. At this point, I don't speak for everyone, but I'd certainly pay some extra $ to get the bear!

Then take the next six to twelve months looking for a new factory.

(I kid, of course – sorta!)
  13. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Ok, my pick...

I would have to go with PEPE. I as well as frogboy feel the same about rizzo. I never really was fond of rizzo. Robin would be cute, but a frog was already done and I'd want something totally different. I like the character of Pepe and the colors on him are spectacular. I vote for Pepe.

Gosh, I can't wait for Fozzie though. I don't know about everyone else here, but when I watch anything to do with the muppets, it gets harder and harder realizing we don't have him or Piggy yet. It does get a bit frustrating....or I could just be a lil' crazy. Probably that.:oLOL!
  14. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

WHAT, like you can getaway with walking out of a S&M shop without being recognized. ( FYI - He wears a mask on the way out - goes by the name of Meep )

Why not start up a small character like Rizzo - get the flow flowin' again:shifty:
  15. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Travis, How is the hunt going for another Factory?Has one been signed up yet?
  16. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

Just wanted to see if you could tell us how meetings are going, and Where our three prototypes are, and how they were doing?

Kevin

PS:pulling your hair out yet?
  17. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Everyday.........:sympathy:
  18. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Hi Travis, can I echo the question from Kevin, hows it going?

One suggestion that I have, and I believe I've made it before, have you considered the possibility of cloning Terry. After the success of Dolly the Sheep (by the way, the most pointless animal in the world to clone!) I'm surprised that manufacturing companies don't seriously look at the possibility. Imagine if you will your own little Angus workforce producing 100% perfect prop replicas. Now from my understanding, and I cannot speak with any degree of certainty, that all you would need is a lock of his hair and you're on your way! Given enough time, I could put together a crack team of Muppet Forum members to recover the said hair sample - just give me the word ;)
  19. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

Hi Kevin,

I'm really getting worried about you. Hey! Travis lets get back to work here before Kevin really loses it. ;);)

Take care guys
  20. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

LOL, thanks for the support man! LOL Worried about me? lol You should've seen me out tonight. Male friends asking me how I do it. One comment was, "how do you get surrounded by three gorgeous women?" (Had a performance tonight) I just retorted "That's why it's good to be.... me." LOL Now I'll go crazy Where's DA BEAR? You better start considering cranking out about 200 by hand! And one pig for the guy who can't wait. LOL Hope you guys had a great weekend! Animal should be here by Tuesday.

Kevin:excited:

PS (whispering) Bring on da bear! LOL :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.