1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Attack of the Clones arrives on DVD November 12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

:mad:

Jackie.

I SAID I STILL CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!

Now I'm a wreck.

Like I wasn't before.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  2. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Oh i'm sorry Quin! Just sing Ain't no Road Too Long from Follow that Bird. It's a sure-fire cure!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!
  3. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

"No...it's not true...that's impossible! Nooooooooooo! *whimper*"

I always thought Mark Hamill's best acting job was on The Muppet Show, personally.

-Chris
  4. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

"Boy what a whiner that kid is!"
    -Thumb Wars

Anyone who has missed this short film, is missing out on one of the funniest and oddest Star Wars parodies ever made.
  5. bluedreamer

bluedreamer New Member

<<I always thought Mark Hamill's best acting job was on The Muppet Show, personally. >>

Who's your tailor?
  6. grail

grail New Member

have you seen the other "thumb" movies yet? there are a few...and Bat-Thumb is on the way!

man that stuff's funny...
  7. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Bat-Thumb is already out. I also have Blair Thumb and Thumbtanic. I think the next one is Frankenthumb followed by the GodThumb. Personally, the one I'm waiting for is Thumb Matrix.

?So your name is Oobie-Doobie Scoobie Doobie Kadoobie?? - Loke Groundrunner, Thumb Wars
  8. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Mark Hamill's best acting job was in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
  9. Joseph

Joseph New Member

LOL LOL
  10. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I haven't seen ANY of the Thumb movies after seeing Star Wars--are they really that good? Should I bother tracking them down?

What about Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Haven't seen that either.

Recommendations/Non-Recommendations?

Out of the loop.

Quinnnnnnnn
  11. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Not a big Kevin Smith fan. I'm going to stick to my opinion of Mark gargling on The Muppet Show being the highlight of his career.

-Chris
  12. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

None of them are as good as Thumb Wars, though each have their moments. Thumbtanic would probably be my second favorite just for the moment when the giant Tarantula attacks the boat. But hey, for $10 a DVD I don't need an instant classic every time.

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back: Mark Hamill's cameo just disturbed me. However, Will Farrell's role and several other cameos made up for it. The main thing is that you really have to be familiar with Kevin Smith's other movies to enjoy this film.

Personally, I don't particularly care for most of Smith's movies. However, I *really* enjoyed the Clerks Animated series and was sorry to see it pulled off the air before it had the chance. There's a 2-disc DVD that has all the episodes.
  13. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Really? That's interesting!
  14. Joseph

Joseph New Member

I didn't like the cartoon as much as the movie.
  15. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I never saw the cartoons though, do you have them?
  16. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Nope I didnt enjoy them so i never got the DVD's
  17. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Well that makes sense :)
  18. Joseph

Joseph New Member

The pulp fiction dvd comes out next week I will have to get that.

And we got all those dvds coming out in september.

Death to smoochy, Monsters Inc, that we will have to get and watch. We should watch a beautiful mind again too.
  19. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Anyone know when Monsters INC is coming out on DVD? I'm guessing around Halloween, but anyone know? I'm too lazy to go on a hunt.

I like Kevin Smith's movies, and I do really want to see the toon--but he is definitely an affected, acquired taste. I just read his Green Arrow hardback comic book, and it was very well written, but again, a very specific style. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it's a tad annoying. I still like his stuff though.

Because sometimes I'M a tad annoying.

"tad."

Quinnnnnnnnn
  20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Quinn... Monsters Inc. comes to DVD on September 17, 2002.