ATTN: Faux Muppets on eBay

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
It's just become a crying board with everyone getting into hissy fits. Come on guys grow up and lets talk about the Muppets! This is getting quite boring.
Hi, Devon.

Some of the things posted in this thread by you are unwarranted and against the general attitude that MC is working to keep upheld.

Saying such things as this IS inflamatory. If you don't like what's being said in a thread, report it to a moderator (I'm not the only one here), and don't post in it. Stay out of it. It's that simple.

These message boards have not become a "crying board" with "hissy fits." There are people who care about these characters enough that seeing replicas made seems like a violation of their integrity. They post about it, and they are allowed to share their opinion as long as they do it constructively.

However, your posts here were unconstructive and inflamatory, and I would appreciate it in the future if you would attempt to be more positive when sharing your opinions.

Thank you.
Kevin

Luke

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
Fact is these are artist interpretations and not originals; therefore they're just fine.
They are artists interpretations but copies of original copyrighted and trademarks and designs. Therefore it's copyright infringement to try to sell a "copy" of one of these puppets and not fine at all. Disney/Henson will usually stop these auctions. It is also against Muppet Central rules to advertise these "copies" for sale here on this forum. These forums are for the appreciation of "The Muppets" and the people who are involved with them, not to encourage people to rip them off.

spcglider

Reaction score
The subject isn't dead until the problem is solved.

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
Devon,

Seems your signature is correct...one man CAN make a difference. Especially if he has $4000.00 to spend on an unlicensed Darth Vader costume.

The power of cash still doesn't make it legal or right.

But I'm happy to tell you that I will be dropping the subject. The good folks at Disney Licensing, Sesame Workshop, and MHC will have to take it from here.

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
Aww, c'mon. We're both adults.

If you want to insult me, stop hiding behind a Kermit Smiley.

-Gordon

Barry Lee

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
Hey again, these are the same as Star Wars, Star Trek, and Batman; look up those on ebay and you can have a field day. Fact is these are artist interpretations and not originals; therefore they're just fine. So for those who want to make your own because you're "scared" to buy one than go ahead; for those who think it's awesome or amazing to buy one than go ahead; but let's put this to rest already. I miss when we use to have interesting threads and topics on this site. It's just become a crying board with everyone getting into hissy fits. Come on guys grow up and lets talk about the Muppets! This is getting quite boring.
We are talking about Muppets, this is rediculous,.... :rolleyes: This is wrong, and whoever doesn't think so should be ashamed.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay, gang. If I see one more insulting, deconstructive post in this thread I will lock it and report that user to Phil. There are more diplomatic ways to disagree and discuss. I do not appreciate seeing the means by which we've all disintegrated about this topic.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and we should respect that rule and not argue in a circle. I've stated my opinions here as a fan and MC Member; but, now, I'm stating my opinion as a moderator:

You all know that we are here to celebrate the Muppets and Jim's work. He taught us patience and equality, and you can disagree without being rude!! We're here because we're a family under his work, and I want us to be able to discuss things on the 'net and in these message boards more constructively than this. Please?

spcglider

Reaction score
You know what? I am sorry I ever mentioned it. Didn't realize that I was stepping into the wrong room when I opened my trap.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

-G

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's not a topic NOT to be discussed, we could just do better about discussing it. That's all.

Personally, I'm waiting whole-heartedly on the Palisades action figures.

MGov

Reaction score
There are some great puppet builders that are part of this group. If it isn't wrong to build and sell replicas of Muppets®, then it isn't wrong to copy some of ravagefrackle's original puppets and sell them. Or Keeermit's. Or any other member of this board.

If it weren't for the hard work and creativity over the years by the people involved with Henson® (Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Kevin Clash, Jerry Nelson, Caroll Spinney, Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl, Don Sahlin and on and on...), then these copies wouldn't be worth a whole lot. Selling the copies is a cheap way of cashing in on fifty years of someone else's work. And buying the copies only encourages the sellers to keep doing it.

Also...

Come on guys grow up and lets talk about the Muppets!
I find the irony of this statement amusing. I hope it was intentional.

signed,

MGov ©