Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Oh well. If I ever get that ol' time machine up and running again, consider yourself avenged!

muppetperson

Reaction score
We seem to be losing momentum with this thread.So to put it back on track, I found an article with pictures on some foreign forum www.collectiblez.nl Could it be Netherlands? Can anybody translate? Something about $199. Dont know how they could have a price when it is"still in the pre-production phase."Kermit looks uncomfortable with his leg in one pic!

keithallison

Reaction score
I hate to sound negative... but I probably will. I wouldn't mind owning a kermit replica.. and a bunsen honeydew and an ernie.... The MR replica looks great except for the mouth... in the fornt-on pose, it looks goofy.... anyhoo, I can't believe that nobody in this thread mentioned the one true fact here. Once these go on sale, one or more people will buy a replica, grab the closest seam ripper and make replica replica's. You'll be able to buy them on ebay for $100. It's a cold hard fact that people nowadays do not respect copyright laws. Everything is fair game to them. THEY will do more damage to the muppets than MR or Disney will ever do. Oh.... and when they ripoff the patterns from the MR replica, they [the thieving scum] will make it into a workable puppet to sell on ebay as 'an authentic kermit replica puppet made from the original pattern'.... then people will buy it for $1200.

Whatever

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
We seem to be losing momentum with this thread.So to put it back on track, I found an article with pictures on some foreign forum www.collectiblez.nl Could it be Netherlands? Can anybody translate? Something about $199. Dont know how they could have a price when it is"still in the pre-production phase."Kermit looks uncomfortable with his leg in one pic!
Translation:
The Muppet Show fans (verb)! Master Replicas comes with an exact copy of the original Kermit the Frog. The exact replica would from the original Henson. Growing release date, something 2006. the retail price lies at 199 dollars.

Sorry, I don't speak Dutch very well. In fact, I don't speak it at all really, but I can usually get the gist because it's similar to German.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
keithallison said:
I hate to sound negative... but I probably will. I wouldn't mind owning a kermit replica.. and a bunsen honeydew and an ernie.... The MR replica looks great except for the mouth... in the fornt-on pose, it looks goofy.... anyhoo, I can't believe that nobody in this thread mentioned the one true fact here. Once these go on sale, one or more people will buy a replica, grab the closest seam ripper and make replica replica's. You'll be able to buy them on ebay for $100. It's a cold hard fact that people nowadays do not respect copyright laws. Everything is fair game to them. THEY will do more damage to the muppets than MR or Disney will ever do. Oh.... and when they ripoff the patterns from the MR replica, they [the thieving scum] will make it into a workable puppet to sell on ebay as 'an authentic kermit replica puppet made from the original pattern'.... then people will buy it for $1200.
I agree to what you say there be fake muppets not original.
I remember as a child what Jim Henson said in a book. Quote It's usally best to keep the muppets original. We frown on fakes and carbon copiesthe original is always the best but lets ask the important Question, did Henson and Walt disney give them permission?

tomahawk

Reaction score
rumtar_10165 said:
I agree to what you say there be fake muppets not original.
I remember as a child what Jim Henson said in a book. Quote It's usally best to keep the muppets original. We frown on fakes and carbon copiesthe original is always the best but lets ask the important Question, did Henson and Walt disney give them permission?
I would think that Disney would have to give them permission. It's under the Disney line that Master Replicas is producing. If you go to the website(Master Replicas) you''ll see the other Disney stuff they are doing.

tomahawk

Reaction score
So I was looking at the new Toy Review magzine last night and they have a whole page dedicated to Master Replicas. They also had two new pictures of Kermit. They had him on a directors chair and a log. He looked really good. First off they said the paterns were based off of the poseur Muppets not on the actual Muppet puppets. They also said they were planning on releasing two a year. This year(2006)would be Kermit in the first quarter and Animal in the second half of the year.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wonder how folks feel about owning this as a fake Muppet that are for the changes in voice actors and performers for other Muppets? If you get what I mean there, the whole double-standard thing? Anybody fit that description? Just curious because...I'm...curious...

muppetperson

Reaction score
tomahawk said:
So I was looking at the new Toy Review magzine last night and they have a whole page dedicated to Master Replicas. They also had two new pictures of Kermit. They had him on a directors chair and a log. He looked really good. First off they said the paterns were based off of the poseur Muppets not on the actual Muppet puppets. They also said they were planning on releasing two a year. This year(2006)would be Kermit in the first quarter and Animal in the second half of the year.
Great!Does Kermit's mouth still have that down turned look or has it been revised?:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I wonder how folks feel about owning this as a fake Muppet that are for the changes in voice actors and performers for other Muppets? If you get what I mean there, the whole double-standard thing? Anybody fit that description? Just curious because...I'm...curious...
I have always wanted a Muppet to live with me.I could never get the actual thing,so this is the next best.I am against substitute performers but a lot of people are blaming this as a Disney thing.The Jim Henson company have done this.Miss Piggy for example was Richard Hunt for the first season of TMS.If you study who performs what characters,you will see that there is a Main performer,substitute performer and understudy for when the other two arent available.You will see different performers doing the character for different films.This was BEFORE the Disney takeover.Still dont like it.I guess now you can only be a fan of the character instead of both the character and Puppeteer because you wont be sure if it is the same.:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.