Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Back when I was in elementary school I wrote the Jim Henson company and asked them innocently enough if they had any old Muppets they were throwing out and if they'd mail me one.

What I got back was a very nice form letter stating that the Henson Company could not, for legal and copyright reasons, sells any puppets, new or used, or any patterns used towards their creation. Obviously I was disappointed.

So seeing as how they're now selling what appears to be a pretty good replica, it almost seems weird to me, like they've revoked their old copyright standards and practices. Of course, it's Diney now, not the Hensons, so I realize all bets are off.

But given that my interest in the Muppets is still as strong today as it was when I was ten, I'd obviously buy one of these Kermit copies if I had the cash.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Actually, I'd like to retract that last statement.

For my birthday last month, my beloved fiance Laura bought me a mint condition, never-been-out-of-the-box Kermit doll circa 1981, the one with the Sesame Street News trenchcoat and fedora. I had that same doll back when I was seven, and it was my favorite toy ever. Sadly, the doll got wrecked and lost long ago. So having Laura find me a brand new one and repairing that broken part of my lost youth meant the world to me. So what I'm saying is, that Fisher Price Kermit doll means more to me than any dead-on replica ever could. So I guess I won't be buying it after all!:smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
OMG! Jay I had that same one! Actually I still do, but it's in rough condition. That is absolutely the best replica ever (except the hands of course). What a fantastic gift!!!

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
years ago I made my frist muppet lookalike. It wa for a school project. aAnd I got an A++ for my Kermit in a tux. But unfotntely I had it damaged due to school bullies.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Okay, I'm forming a possee to head out and kick the crap out of those Muppet-damaging bullies. Who's with me?

wes

Reaction score
Yea! lets Hot glue and Feather Them(Random Puppet builders joke):stick_out_tongue: :smile: :sleep:

tomahawk

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Okay, I'm forming a possee to head out and kick the crap out of those Muppet-damaging bullies. Who's with me?

Who's damaging the Muppets?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm on your side. Just that I know that I'll be buying all the replicas. That is if I have the cash too.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I hate to say this but first not only they dammaged him they did others.
and second it was 30 yrs ago when I was 10.
but hey thanks for the back up, but it's 30 yrs too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.