Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
-i would much rather Disney put thier efforst in to creating some actual content for the muppet library , not just more over priced fodder for the collectors market
I Agree with ravagefrackle We need to see the Muppets do more (wich i blieve is coming) as far as movies, Tv show, speacial, ect..

I geuss what most of us don't want to see is the Muppets Become some Big Joke, sort of like evryone having Fully Licensed Muppet Replicas, like the Star wars franchise did.

PS:no offense to the Die Hard Star Wars Fans Everywhere
True Love:smile:

tomahawk

Reaction score
wes said:
I Agree with ravagefrackle We need to see the Muppets do more (wich i blieve is coming) as far as movies, Tv show, speacial, ect..

I geuss what most of us don't want to see is the Muppets Become some Big Joke, sort of like evryone having Fully Licensed Muppet Replicas, like the Star wars franchise did.

PS:no offense to the Die Hard Star Wars Fans Everywhere
True Love:smile:
Why would the Muppets be a "big joke" if about 2000 people owned a replica? It's like having a very detailed plush version of the character.

wes

Reaction score
I Guess I mean How to some People look at the lord of the rings and Star Wars Collector, they make jokes on late night show make spooffs,ect..
now that I think about it...I....I geuss imiation is the cencerist form of flattery
and I geuss the Muppets Are Just getting that big, and I have never Been a fan of something that's big:confused:

But I guess I'll just have to get use to it!:smile:

tomahawk

Reaction score
wes said:
I Guess I mean How to some People look at the lord of the rings and Star Wars Collector, they make jokes on late night show make spooffs,ect..
now that I think about it...I....I geuss imiation is the cencerist form of flattery
and I geuss the Muppets Are Just getting that big, and I have never Been a fan of something that's big:confused:

But I guess I'll just have to get use to it!:smile:
Apparently you missed the whole 70's and early 80's. The Muppets were huge than. Huge, I say.

wes

Reaction score
alas, I was but a mere Child born In 1980, I remember Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies, But I have been a die hard Muppet Fan, even throught the rough time (the 90's) Jim's Death and all:cry:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i am so buying this kermit and anyother muppet they sell i bought their lightsabers and im very happy with them anyone know when they will be available:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
Muppetfreak said:
i would much rather Disney put thier efforst in to creating some actual content for the muppet library , not just more over priced fodder for the collectors market
Disney can still concentrate on productions.It is Master Replicas that are doing the work.I cant wait to forfill a dream of having a Muppet replica in my collection.But I do agree with you that Jim Henson wasnt driven by money.He would take all the merchandising into concideration.For example, I can recall there being a Muppet Frozen yogart and I contacted the firm to see if they could make a Muppet ice cream as well, but Jim didnt let them because a yogurt was healthy but ice cream wasnt and Jim still cared about kid's health before money.:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with RavageFrackle for the most part, standing up - that Kermit looks like a very freaky poser Muppet. I think they've been a little more careful with the sitting down picture that Gelfing has, they've experimented with the pose to find the one that looks most "Kermitty" but it's still not great. I imagine the "original patterns" they have been given are the patterns of the poser and not the puppet. I don't like the idea of this replica business although it's not quite as bad as if they put out replica puppets, but that's probably not too far behind. I think it does cheapen the integrity (just like having a different performer for real local Muppet appearances) and is creepy.

It seems like Disney are all about the merchandise first, and TV/Film projects second with this Muppet aquisition. Yes, new projects take time but i wonder if they are just being made to sell the collectables rather than the other way around. The Muppet Holding Company is a division of Disney Consumer Products right? ;-) Some of the merchandise is looking pretty good though, i admit.

MWoO

Reaction score
What if they just called these realistic life size dolls? Would that make you feel better?

It's not really any different then those life size busts you can buy and stuff like that. It just happens to be a ull body puppet.

BTW, I think it looks pretty bad myself. Face is off and the body looks weird. Doesn't look like original patterns to me.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It still looks like a stuffed plush... I don't see a great likeness. I wouldn't mind owning one if it looked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.