Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
really bad idea, cheapens the integrity of the muppets, they are not props, or special effects monsters,

i fear the disneyfication is not far behind

and besides that is one scary looking Kermit, even for a prototype,wrong color, and his limbs look very odd,

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
wow! I love it, I may buy one! :smile:

p.s. WHY oh why do ppl here on MC start to complan when we get somthing new from Disney? *sigh* :sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
a Mickey Muppet said:
p.s. WHY oh why do ppl here on MC start to complan when we get somthing new from Disney? *sigh*
Because, some people won't be happy until Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Don Sahlin, and Jerry Juhl are back alive. And people, that ain't happenin' anytime soon! So learn to love what you get! Oh, and if you haven't noticed, only some people here act that way, not all of us.

Oh, and btw, I will be buying this Kermit! I think it looks great!

Whatever

Reaction score
BigDumbWookiee said:
Did you bother checking the photo? They have the prototype sitting right there on the shelf.
I saw it. I agree with ravagefrackle. Back when Jim was alive many ideas like this made it to prototype stage, then rejected it for poor quality and this is poor quality.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
wow! I love it, I may buy one! :smile:

p.s. WHY oh why do ppl here on MC start to complan when we get somthing new from Disney? *sigh* :sympathy:
Why do some people fawn all over over anything that has the disney name attached?, why should people who are not happy about what is being done with the muppets sit quietley?this is a forum to express opinions, lord knows u express plenty of them yourself,.

I'm sure that if we got something decent from disney i would be less likley to complain, but they have yet to do that, and this lisence to produce shoddy Kermit replicas is simply the lastest bad idea as far as im concerned

and by the way theprawncracker , IAM NOT EXPECTING THE DEAD TO SUDDENLY RISE FROM THE GRAVE, seems like a disrespectful way to speak of the dead , but hey as long as you get some toys , who cares

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ravagefrackle,
How does this cheapen the integrity of the mupppets? Is it really any different than the singing Kermit dolls or any of the Kermit stuffed dolls? Just curious as to how you feels it cheapens them.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the Kermit in the photo was shot with flash photography as well, which drains a lot of the coloration (people were freaking out about photos of the MR YWing as well, which also suffered due to flash photography).

Nobody is claiming Kermit to be a "prop" or a "special effects monster". Steve from MR said himself, it's their "first "studio scale" Muppet replica".

I'd rather see quality merchandise like this come out, that helps keep interest alive in the Muppets, than to disallow merchandise and let the property die a slow death because of lack of interest.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I agree . THese are MUCh better then the stuffed dolls that henson company allowed to be produced. Some of those are just scary. This is much better.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know I'll support Disney and MR in this and buy every Muppet stuff they do. I've always wanted a Muppet poser or "Photo Copies" as Jim called it. If the Electric Mayhem Band was made. How cool would it be to have photos of different things there doing. Then you could make your very own wallpaper on your computer. I would do it all. Buy everyone. I'll just have to save lots of money and hope to god that there not to expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.