Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tioandria

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, let the onslaught begin.

www.luckyonion.com/ProductPortfolio/Kermit/

Here are 51 photos of the first EP Sample from China. There are a ton of things wrong. I am uploading these photos from the Denver Airport and I am about to get on a plane to go to Burbank. So I am doing this pretty quickly. The Master Replicas office is shipping the Kermit so I can review it in person because I thought there were too many corrections needed for me to do it by photos alone. BTW I am going to Burbank to finalize the 2007 Disney plans so any last words on what Muppets you would like to see?

Just so everyone understands, this is the typical quality we seen in our first samples from China. There are always a mess of things to change on every product. It's just part of the process. On difficult projects we may go through 5 EP samples before getting it right. On easy projects we may get it right in 3 samples. I have never seen EP sample be correct on the first try.

Expect Kermit to get better, but now is the time to be very critical since it is the time that changes can be made. I will listen to your input. Like I said I see things that are obviously wrong.

Oh yeah I saw the debate about the Kermit's coloring. These are the Pantone colors that I got from Disney/Henson.

Body, head - 376
Collar, bottoms of feet - 382
Inside mouth - 186
tongue - 191
Black pupils and white eyes.

We are going to make Kermit according to these colors. Hopefully, that puts that debate to rest.

Finally, I have uploaded the approved Disney Packaging for Kermit. I would like to hear your feed back about it.

-kevin

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Whoppee, looks like I may be first to see these.

Well, i think whoppee.?

First look, this one looks a lot worse than the first, the hips are bulging, the feet now look tiny, the eyes look too big and too close together. There are also horrible stitch marks around the feet, the thunb still looks TOO BIG??

Poor Kermie, Im gonna have nightmares tonight.

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
On looking at every pic in sequence, there are some good points to this model.
The almost invisible stitching is great. I also like the way that the legs are joined to the body. The colour does look much better. I didnt even realise that the bottoms of his feet were a different color, but hey Im colorblind so Im excused!

After a second look at the box I like it. the same basic designs were used for the tags on the Nanco Wizard of Oz plushes, I guess this is just the Logo and design currently being used for Muppets merchandise.

Chris

markit

Reaction score
This is my first post so hi everyone,

I like the packaging, I wish that it were more in the old style Muppet theatre design with the curtains and the red-ish colouring, like the packaging of the first series of the Palisades figures, I tend to associate that colour with the Muppets much more than brown and green, but I understand that it may be part of the new design from Disney.
Great that it shows all the different expressions.

As for Kermit himself, I trust that all the problems will be addressed before release, and I personally CAN'T WAIT!! I'll be buying it, no matter how much the shipping costs to the UK, and hope that it won't be long before I can add ROWLF to my collection.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Markit,

Welcome, yet another fan from the UK.

The more you look at the pics the more you love him, there are probably at least 2 more maybe 3, prototypes to go before the final article by what I can understand!

Chris

zns

Reaction score
The stiching, I must say, could really use some work, especially around the mouth. The packaging though looks great. It should also be the same size as the real poser.

propologist

Reaction score
new poser

Hi Kevin,

I think the new pic's of the poser look great. Yes there are some prob. but knowing you, you already have a long list of fixes in mind. If you get a chance to, Please come by the shop while your in town. If you do not have time to come by please give me a call.Happy to hear about your promotion.

Thanks,
Mike
Propologist

tomahawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the two things that stick out to me are his eyes and his feet. The head looks a little small in some of the shots, but than again that could just be me. And who would I like to see...

Animal
Fozzie
Robin
Gonzo
Rizzo
Miss Piggy
Rowlf
Scooter
Waldorf
Dr. Teeth
Statler
Sam The Eagle
Floyd
Pepe
Zoot
Beaker
Janice
Bunsen Honeydew

Something like that anyway. And thank you for taking the time to post all of this info to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.