Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for the virtual tour of Kermit,Kevin.The packaging is great-production drawings of Kermit for a replica production item.The main things I see with Kermit are his pupils seem slightly too big, his collar should be more limey yellow,the hem seems seem to be more visable now, especially on his vertical face line,arm sides and circle hem on his feet and I think his feet have gone the other way,being slightlly too small?Will Kermit be able to turn his head from side to side?

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I have been watching this thread for a long time now and finally decided to jump in. Kermit is definitley starting to look more like a piece of art, than a plush toy. The things I see that need attention are:
1. The pupils are a bit big and set too low on the eyeball.
2. That thumb is out of control!
3. I know the face can be bent and tweaked, but the bottom
jaw looks huge. It gives it too much of a clam shape.
4. The collar needs to be a bit more yellow and the toungue
looks almost the same color as the inside of the mouth.
(but Kevin did mention that the colors will be fixed)
5. The real Kermit has long skinny hands and fingers. These
hands look too bulked out.
6. The folds of skin in the corners of the mouth look like
they are too far back on the head. It makes the mouth
look funny.
Everything that Master Replicas has ever released has been top notch. I know that the finished piece is going to look amazing. There is no doubt in my mind. I just thought I would add my 2 cents. Thank you Kevin for posting those photos. I am very excited. That is going to be one heck of a collectors item. p.s. So when do we get to see the banjo prototype photos? wink wink :smile: Take care

Bear Man

Reaction score
tioandria said:
BTW I am going to Burbank to finalize the 2007 Disney plans so any last words on what Muppets you would like to see?

-kevin
I still say go for a big challenge - and make one Fozzie!

tioandria

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

My schedule is pretty hectic this week but I think I could stop by on Thursday. I am going to be down in Long Beach tomorrow.

I will bring the Kermit EP sample so you can take a look.

It will be nice to get caught up. So much has happened since Comic Con.

Hey everyone else,

Thanks for the comments.

propologist

Reaction score
stopping by

Hi Kevin,

Just give me a call and let me know what time. If its around lunch I'll buy.
Your right, a lot has happened since comic con. When you get here we'll catch up on all of it.

Darc says "Woo-HOOOO!!!!" and "Hi!"

Mike
Propologist

markit

Reaction score
I cant help but look at my Sesame Street 30th Ann' Kermit talking plush and feel that it captures the spirit and character of Kermit more than what we're seeing with the replica so far, and it's available for under $30, admitedely it's not exactly the right colours and not made from the same materials, but for the price it's pretty good.
So what merits the replica costing around the $250 mark, for that price it really has to be the Kermit to beat all Kermits.

I really can't wait, my 2 must have items this year, Kermit and the Darth Maul Force FX lightsaber! Master Replicas are gonna get alot of money out of me over the next few years! :smile:

tomahawk

Reaction score
With tha 30th anniversary Kermit, it really depended on which one you got. I searched through several of them to find one that looked good. With the Master Replica Kermit, I'm quite sure all of them will look spot on.

CrazyLikeGonzo

Reaction score
Kevin,

I am liking the improvements. I agree with others that feet look too small now, hands are still off, color of colar off, the way the neck connects to the body is off and face is over stuffed in some areas. The shape of his torso is spot on. I hope he come is the box with his classic smile expresion already on his face. I do realize that we can possible sculpt the stuffing around in his head. I also agree that some of the new poser shots feature kermits head overstuffed. I will always like the way kermit looked towards the last of the MS and in MTM. Some of the old posers used on some of the latter Hallmark cards in the 1980s were also well done.

Some other muppet products I would like to see are first the guys the are Kermits core of friends. We have to have Fozzie second (i know animal is coming but this is my post for my want list). They have traveled all over and before his Pig a frog has to have his best friend. I would like fozzie like he was before the latter films. He looked best in GMC and MTM. Much the way Diseny puts the attention on Mikey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto and Minnie, I think the focus of a good line for the muppet should be:

1. Kermit
2. Fozzie
3. Gonzo
4. Rowlf
5. Piggy

I know piggy will be hard so I put her last. Having Fozzie and Kermit first would be a great salute to Muppet history. You can't have Lucy without Ethal or Will without Grace, or Andy without Barney. So, you can't have Kermit without Fozzie.

We all have our favorites, I know. I appreciate that someone with your passion for these characters is connected to the project. You can already see the influence the Palisades line has had on Disney Shopping merchandies with the adding of caracter textures. And one of the reasons Piggy does not sell well as she should is because there are so many terribel versions (luved Palisades PIS version) of her out there in the form of toys and collectables. Michael K. Frith did some of the best product designs for her and someone like him needs to be put in place at the MHC. He captured the character's personality and design in a product. A poduct doesn't have to be a perfect likeness if it caputes the characters soul.

Good luck and thanks for showing us so much.
Chad

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Kevin!

Thank you so much for sharing all this with us. I saw your pantone color numbers so I won't bother asking anything about coloring for the frog.

The obvious things you have seen already.

The only concerns I have are the collar to see it a bit thicker/stiffer? Also, I sure do miss the curtain box designs. I still feel, also, that it's funny Diz would use a graphic of Kermit on the poser Kermit merchandise, and Poser Kermit on everything else! HA HA. Would like to see the Kermit Poser used instead of a graphic.

Thank you for making this a great product for us all!!

Oh, I forgot to add for 2007: Fozzie Bear!! Okay, I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.