Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Nice pictures, and it's definitely showing improvement. I know you guys will get it all worked out.

I quite like the box. I like the way it gives a sense of the construction involved. The graphics on the box say to me "we really studied the patterns, and put together the most authentic Kermit possible."

I'm looking forward to this more with each picture--I can't wait until everything's perfected!

:excited:

Camellia

Reaction score
hi, ew :frown:

sorry, but this is just a marketing gimmick. don't fall for it kids :smile: The color is wrong on Kermit. He's supposed to be KERMIT GREEN, which is SPRING GREEN (not pastel Easter baby lime green). The best replica of Kermit was the Eden Kermit, c. 1990 and the Fisher Price Kermit c. 1978-80.

Cheers,
Camellia

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I still say go with your initial feeling and make Rowlf after Animal.

ROWLF - ROWLF - ROWLF!!!

And of course, the same things as lithiumbrain said that I'm sure you noticed right-off. Pupils at a different inside-low angle, corners of mouth too far back (from side view), and lower-jaw too thick.

Can handle the top-seam on his feet and his pudgy fingers (especially those thumbs!:smile: ), and even the bean-shaped body (from side view). BUT, these are patterns from a poser right? So there's bound to be MAJOR differences between a poser and the real working puppet, but I really hope his head is spot on!.

Here's some visuals I cooked up to show what I mean:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/MuppetsMRComp1a.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/MuppetsMRComp1b.jpg

Has anyone told you lately that you guys rock for doing this? :big_grin:

EDIT: Oh yeah, that's got to be a goof on the color swatch for his collar right? It's too green man!

Jon

Reaction score
Main problems seem to be eye placement,width of limbs, the mouth needs a lot of work...the chosen colours,though contrversial, don't bother me.

Looking forward to seeing how MR meets the chalenge! My hopes are admitedly high but so is my confidence in this commpany.

Lastly i would like Animal and the rest of the mayhem,Gonzo in signiture outfit and the late great Uncle Deadly...hey,some of those are even practicle possibilities!:wink:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
It's weird, the first pics I saw seemed to be the best. These and the one's from ToyFair (at action-figure.com) haven't impressed me as much.

it seems more plush like now and the face seems just naturally more inclined to look depressed rather than happy.

I'm certainly interested in the product, but something about the last rounds of photos have me concerned.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Camellia said:
hi, ew :frown:

sorry, but this is just a marketing gimmick. don't fall for it kids :smile: The color is wrong on Kermit. He's supposed to be KERMIT GREEN, which is SPRING GREEN (not pastel Easter baby lime green). The best replica of Kermit was the Eden Kermit, c. 1990 and the Fisher Price Kermit c. 1978-80.

Cheers,
Camellia
Hi Camellia-

Forgive me if I respectfully disagree...not on the point that the Eden Kermit and the FP Kermit were good, because they are. Although I am now a representative for Master Replicas, I am also a life long Muppet collector. I own both of these. And while the aforementioned plushes are very good...they are just that. Plushes. What we are striving for here is something completely different.

First of all, I almost wish that Kevin had not posted the pics of the Engineering Prototype Kermit...because, as we all agree, it is not so good. A lot of work to be done. But that's Kevin for you. He reminds me in a lot ways of another Product Development person I've had the good fortune to work with. He shares this stuff not because he has to, and not because it's a MARKETING TECHNIQUE...but because is passionate, and wants the fans to be involved, and in the end, he wants to make the best **** product possible.

I used to try to reign Ken in, and to stop him from sharing so much...because showing things in progress is a double-edge sword. (Believe me, as the Marketing guy, if this were a Marketing Technique, I would not have wanted those pics to be public...) But fact of the matter is, we (Kevin and I) are here -- as was/is Ken -- to try to get feedback from the people who are as passionate about this product as we are. No alterior motives, I swear to you...of course, you can believe whatever you want to believe, but that is the truth.

Anyway, yeah...I think in a lot of ways, the Engineering prototype was a step backwards, but Kevin is already working on correcting it. And your input is valuable, so please keep the comments coming.

In the meantime, I want to show you something. I received a series of pictures from the original prototyper, of what Kermit looked like before he was shipped out. Remember, the Kermit that you are seeing pictures of has literally been manhandled by HUNDREDS of people. And so (assuming I can get these links to work, here are some pictures of the original protoype...and of what hopefully, the final product will look like...)

In picture # 6, you see that there are two Kermits. The one on the left is the one that you have been seeing -- the one that has been manhandled. The one on the right, which you have never seen photos of before, was sent to the factory, and is what spawned the EP that Kevin posted pictures of recently. As you can see, it's along way off. BUT, this is what we are stirivng for. This is what the product needs to look like.

Personally, I am in love with it...but of course, I want to hear what you have to say...

Later,
Travis

Erine81981

Reaction score
AWSOME! GREAT! WONDERFUL! BEAUTIFUL! COOL! Thanks Travis for what your doing here for us Muppet fans. Keep up the awsome job you and Kevin are doing. :smile:

markit

Reaction score
WOW!! that IS Kermit, I can see what you're striving for and I'm really getting excited now.
Thank you so much, what a great feeling and a relief it is to know that the production of these replicas are in the hands of people who are as passionate about the Muppets as the fans who are going to be buying them, I never even thought this would ever be possible so thank you and keep up the Excellent work. :smile:
And without a doubt Animal would be my next choice followed by Rolwf then Fozzie.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
ElecMayhem said:
In the meantime, I want to show you something. I received a series of pictures from the original prototyper, of what Kermit looked like before he was shipped out. Remember, the Kermit that you are seeing pictures of has literally been manhandled by HUNDREDS of people. And so (assuming I can get these links to work, here are some pictures of the original protoype...and of what hopefully, the final product will look like...)

In picture # 6, you see that there are two Kermits. The one on the left is the one that you have been seeing -- the one that has been manhandled. The one on the right, which you have never seen photos of before, was sent to the factory, and is what spawned the EP that Kevin posted pictures of recently. As you can see, it's along way off. BUT, this is what we are stirivng for. This is what the product needs to look like.

Personally, I am in love with it...but of course, I want to hear what you have to say...

Later,
Travis
My follow-up question would be, what is the "life expetancy" of one of these replicas? In other words, does the product walk a bit of a fine line? On the one hand it needs to look good and appear as an accurate replica of Kermit, one the other hand it is designed to be adjustable so that Kermit can appear as the owner wishes. But obviously we're seeing that as it's adjusted or handled, it begins to lose shape and to some extent a bit of quality. Just how much "adjusting" can these replicas take?

And I'd like to add my agreement with your comments about it being a double edged sword. I work in Public Relations and Marketing myself and I'd be having a stroke right now if it was my company/client.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'm in love with that Kermit, I've been holding of from commenting cause i wasn't that impressed with what i had been seeing but now that I see this :smile: I want him even more and had to post to say keep up the good work.

As for the 2007 line up i was wondering is Animal part of the 2007 line up or is he planned for release in 2006, that's if he's still the second in the line

The more I think of it the more Iwant to see a Miss Piggy show up somewhere next year in the line up, I know there's been plenty of Piggy's made throughout the years but i've still yet to see one which actually resembles Piggy and not just any old pig in a dress, I'd love to see what you guys could do with Miss Piggy and i think this might be our only hope and a decent looking Miss Piggy... oh and i'd still like to see :big_grin: too

Status
Not open for further replies.