Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Change is good. I often find some in the bottom of my bags

Teheheman

Reaction score
You could use an av to shamelessly plug Frightmare Alley... just a thought.
If I could find someone to make me one, I'd probably change it to that. As for Sweetums, I might do it, I don't know yet.

Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for avatars :stick_out_tongue:

Maybe I should start a thread...Vote for Sarge's Next Avatar! Where you get to decide what my next one will be :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
Get a bigger barrel. Works for me.

------------

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I have that same problem too: I come to identify people by their avatars, I've grown accustomed to some people changing their avatars all the time, but some users change them so infrequently that when they do, I have trouble recognizing them until I see their name below the avatar.
It gets even harder if you don't come on the forum too often. For instance, Snowth, it's probably been years since you had your old avatar with both snowths in it... but I honestly haven't been able to recognize you since then without a conscious effort to look at the name and say, "Yes, this is Snowth's post. Right. Got it."

And that's probably a factor in why I almost never change my own avatar. I was going to say this is only my third one, but I think I changed it once ages ago for an RPG, back when we were doing those... and then I could never recognize my own posts!

Vincent Liu said:
Speaking of changing avatars, I have a folder of Robin the Frog avatars for future use.
I'm gonna sound old here, but I have to say... Do you have any idea it used to be to get a Robin the Frog avatar? Back in the old days, when MC had really strict size limits for avatars, and before Muppet Wiki came about and made it a million times easier to find pictures of relatively obscure Muppets... I hung out on the forum with a Kermit avatar for months before Vic Romano created a Robin avatar that I went on to use for years. And now you have a whole folder? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think that's awesome... But man, times have changed! ...I feel old now. :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
So grab a dvd and start freeze-framing! Easy to collect good av pics now; it's not like they need to be in gorgeous 400 pt resolution or anything. I have two separate collections of Newsie pics, including stuff I use only for drawing reference. Screencaps can be perfect encapsulations of a character.

-------------

Vincent L

Reaction score
Just for fun, I change my avatar temporarily on holidays. (naturally, it's all Robin) I also change my signature accordingly.