Avoiding Destiny

Java

Reaction score
Oh, my. That evil Doc Hopper is everywhere. And, pretty much what Beth and Ed said.

Can't wait for more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOW!!! CHRISTY!! This is phenomanal! I love it! It's soooooooo crizazy and amazing!! More more more!! :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahh! The Christy has returned with a fantastic fan-fiction which is simply fabulous! I love the nitty-gritty style and tone of voice you use, and can smell, feel, and taste the cheese that's exploded in that place.

I love that Brian soldout to Doc Hopper, in a parellel of the beleives of many that he sold out to Disney.

Well done CB!

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Well done... Now can we have some more, please?

christyb

Reaction score
The Count said:
The atmosphere of the story, it's abundant in detail and I love that.
That's my goal. Tis an exercise in detail and letting go of frustration. Seeing this is my 2nd fic I'm hoping to be much much better than the first.

The Count said:
The tadpoles hatching, guess you used a little seed planted in MFG huh?
I use a lot of ideas of others. :halo:

The Count said:
Kermit and Christy from this world will be thrust into the unusualness of being unemployed.
Thanks! I know I'm in this a lot. Which kinda bugs me b/c in my head it sounds like I'm taking over the story. Slowly as we run into more characters and people I'm not in the spotlight so much.

B.Regard said:
I love that Brian soldout to Doc Hopper, in a parellel of the beleives of many that he sold out to Disney.
I told you I rag on that fact.

Now as for more story..none until I see that everyone has spotted all ze Muppets. I just want to be sure that you know when I'm introducing people b/c pretty soon they're going to be coming a mile a minute. So go back people and check out the chapter again. You're missing things still!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Butcher Shop Babe, come on, that's Miss Piggy.

President Sam the Eagle? Obviously our patrotic Eagle is finally where he wants to be, in the White House.

Ok, there's two. More story now?

christyb

Reaction score
Yep I was fishing for those two. Muffin the thread and whatnot. I gotta tweak the next chapter a bit before posting. That and I'm being summoned back to SWAEHB apparently they're in the midst of a war or something....:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh come on Sis... Just use some cotton swabs and swab the deck with those rowdy SWAEHBs. And hopefully we can get more story soon.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Three

That morning Christyb the owner of Christy's Bar and Grill stood with Maggie The Frog, Croaker, and Googles in Christy's spare room. They all looked down at Kermit with concern on their faces. Quietly they all exited the room. Maggie took one last look before closing the door. They made their way quietly downstairs into the still empty restaurant.

"Thanks for letting him stay here, but I know it's hurting your business to stay closed," Maggie said taking the tall glass of iced tea Christy offered.

"It's no problem. That's what friends and neighbors are for. He's been like that for days. My Mom's a nurse so I called her up and asked a few questions. Of course you called a doctor. I guess the only thing to do is wait for him to wake up," Christy said leaning her elbows against the bar.

"It's like he's not even there..." Goggles started.

"Goggles that doesn't make any sense. He's been asleep in that bed for days," Maggie twirled the straw in her iced tea. She smiled up gratefully at her on and off boyfriend Croaker who had around and placed an arm around her shoulders.

With that a determined knock sounded at the front door. Christy frowned and wondered who could be pounding when it was obvious that she was closed. She weaved her way though the empty tables and unused chairs to peek through the miniblinds, "George, I thought I told you I'm closed you're going to have to get your coffee elsewhere." She said as she unlocked the door.

"My name is not George and you better remember that bub! Miss Piggy barged her way through the door. Christy jumped pulling the door open wide as bears, chickens, and things poured in. The entire Muppet family had shown up in full force. A gaggle of noise sounded as she made her way to the stage yelling at Croaker to turn on the microphone.

"Excuse me. It's wonderful to see you all again, but..." Christy began to say to no avail. The crowd kept talking amongst themselves. Maggie stood up on the bar and placed two fingers in her mouth. A shrill whistle echoed through the restaurant. As everyone became quiet.

"And I said, look buddy I don't care what they do in Spain. I don't go topless for," Janice stopped and blushed, "Oh sorry."

"Thanks Maggie. Wow, it's great to see you guys. Welcome back to Leland. I'm sure you're here about Kermit, but its like I told you on the phone. There's nothing we can do. I really wish there was." Christy attempted to explain.

"Surely Kermie will wake up for moi." Miss Piggy began.

"No he won't." A voice in from the upper corner said. Everyone turned to see who it was. Perched there on top was a man wearing a snow white suit.

"David Arquette?" Fozzie asked scratching his head.

"No it's Daniel...from accounting right? Only ummm..." Christy said.

"Well yes. It's Daniel. I prefer to be called Danny L. I helped Kermit once upon a time then he used the idea in a Christmas special. He was just lucky to get someone who looked a lot like me to play in the movie." Danny L. began to explain as everyone murmured. "You see. Kermit's here, well he's not here, but he's here. You see he thought it'd be better if he stayed in the swamp. So he got his wish. He's in another dimension experiencing life as it would have been if, well if he stayed home."

"No Muppet Show?" Gonzo asked as Danny L. nodded.

"No Rainbow Connection?" Fozzie asked to only get another nod.

"No MopFam, Muffins, Muppet Dorms, MC..." Christy began.

"No us?" Rowlf finished only to get another nod in agreement from Danny L.

"In all actuality you're all there. Well not yet. I'm supposed to take you there. Actually Christy you're a little late. You were due at a birthday party hours ago. No worries everyone. You won't remember a thing. This is Kermit's lesson, but uh...you're supposed to be there." Danny L. explained rather badly pushing his glasses up every two words. From nowhere the phone began to ring. Suddenly it appeared in Danny L.'s hand, "What? Oh speed it up? Well I know I'm late getting them there. Especially the owner of this diner. Yes okay. Yes, you're the boss." He hung up the phone pushing up his black-framed glasses once more. "I really wish I could explain some more."

"Tell me about it. You're not making any sense!" Goggles exclaimed.

"I know, but I got lost getting to Sesame Street. I just couldn't figure out how to get there. I'm still new at this and well you're late." With that Danny L. stood up on top of the speaker. He loosened his tie, twirled it around like a rope, and sung Twinkle Little Star in Danglish.

Christy winced as a pain shot through her wrist and she fell with a thud. Looking up she silently cursed that inexperienced angel. That is if she could remember his name. Maybe it was Andrew, Jacob, or Luke? Groaning she dusted the sidewalk dust and gravel from her knees. Sighing she looked down at her roller skates. It was a good thing no damage was done.

"If you're done inspecting yourself, I'd like to give you a hand,” a voice said clapping.

Christy rolled her eyes at the brown eyed, high-top clad boy in front of her, "That doesn't even warrant a groan. How about helping a girl up?"

"With pleasure." Kevin Provost reached down and helped Christy up. "Heading to Phil's?"

"Yep and with my last paycheck. Got laid off today. I see you had a wonderful day at the shop. Where's Beau?" Christy asked as they made their way down the street to the local hangout.

"Still doing battle with the oily wonder. If I didn't know better I'd say John Henson booby trapped the thing into covering us from head to toe in grease whenever he brought it in." Kevin replied trying to wipe some of the grime off his face.

The two friends made their way down Main Street making small talk. For a moment they paused outside the Automobile Repair Shop. After waving and chatting with B. Regard they continued their way on. Neighbors stopped the two on their way to the restaurant and pretty soon they were. At the end of the way stood a diner.

It was reminiscent of the diners during the 1950s. Black and white tiled floors complimented the use of an old jukebox and blue booths. Kitchen could be seen from a half wall in the back. Over in the corner stood a stage that was used sometimes to boast local talent. A television hung in one corner with a crowd of girls around it. On the screen America's heartthrob The Great Gonzo was in the middle of an interview. Camilla lamented how when he was a no one she dated Gonzo. The teenage girls squealed at his good looks and signature wink. The diner otherwise was a buzz with activity and not a table was left open.

Christy and Kevin looked around for their friends. Finally they spotted Blotch waving from the big circle booth in the corner. Christy began to roll her way over there when Phil rushed by glaring, "Okay I know. No skates." Christy said as they approached the table. Everyone scooted over to make way for the new couple. "Croaker! How are the...."

"Not today and Maggie's driving me nuts! If these eggs don't hatch soon I might be bunking with you." Croaker said exasperated, "In fact if Mags knew I was here she'd have my neck."

With that small talk and laughter sounded from the table. The night was in full swing at Central Place Diner and Grill. Teenagers were heard talking nosily from the front of the room. Phil and Cindy Chapman ran around helping customers in the little packed restaurant. Kermit entered and paused in the doorway scanning the crowd. He saw Christyb, Croaker, Blotch, and the others in a somewhat quiter corner of the place. Looking up Blotch spotted Kermit and waved him over. Kermit walked over stopping once in a while to say hello to a neighbor. He sat down and listened to the conversation that was already in place.

Everyone scooted around to make room for the newcomers as Phil finally made it back to their table. He distributed the orders that were previously made and waited for the others to decide. The newcomers studied their menus for a moment and began ordering. Suddenly a loud explosion was heard from the kitchen. The dining room grew quiet for a moment and smoke filled as Phil ran off muttering, “That’s the last time I hire a Swedish speaking short order cook.”

Curiously they peered into the smoke riddled kitchen. Without a pause the good-natured banter and teasing resumed. More people packed into the crowded diner. Several times chairs were scooted over to make room for more friends. The laughter grew boisterous and merry. More ribbing and jokes sounded when B. Regard showed up with more grease than skin showing. Soon the lights dimmed and Phil took the spot onstage. Quickly he asked if there was anyone who wanted to show off that night for the crowd.

“Kermit you should sing that song. About the rainbows.” Goggles whispered.

“I don’t know…everyone’s heard it and I’m no performer,” Kermit looked around nervously, “that and I don’t have my…”

“Banjo?” B. Regard pulled Kermit’s banjo from under the table handing it over to the nervous frog.

Kermit looked at his friends who looked at him full of support. His eyes glanced nervously from the stage to his long time friend. Christy mouthed, “go” as he got up. The crowd cheered uproariously as Kermit sat on the wooden bar stool and began to sing.

“Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered?
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?

All of us under its spell,
We know that it's probably magic....

Have you been half asleep?
And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
La de da dee da do la la de da de da doo”

Everyone cheered once more and congratulated Kermit. As he made his way to his seat a stranger made his way to the bar. A yellowish humanoid figure hoisted himself up to the bar and sighed. He looked around him at the jovial crowd forlornly. Once upon a time he too was this carefree. That was back when his movie house was profitable. He ordered a black cup of coffee from the waiter and returned to his thoughts.

Years ago he inherited an old theatre from his uncle J.P. Gross. However, by that time the theatre was over its head in debt and vaudeville was dying. So he scrounged up what little money he had left and converted it into a movie house. The movie house took off beautifully. Until one day someone who was supposed to be his friend entered the picture. Before he could blink he was out of money and over his head in debt once again. His so-called friend took off with his life savings. Now to save his home he had to pay the money back, and by the end of the month.

By this time the stranger’s sigh caught Kermit’s attention. Quietly he made his excuse from the table and walked to the bar. Kermit cleared his throat and the stranger looked up, “Welcome, Stranger. My name is Kermit the Frog. I couldn’t help but notice you looked a little lonely over here. Why don’t you pull up a chair and join us?” Kermit extended a hand in friendship.

“That sounds wonderful. My name is Scooter. I’m just passing through looking for a show to put in my run down theatre. You wouldn’t happen to know of any performers willing to work cheap would you?” Scooter inquired pulling a chair over to the round table.

“First things first. Of course I’m Kermit. Then around the table is my friends Croaker, Blotch, and Goggles. After that you have Christyb and her roommate Lisa. Next to Christyb is Rizzo who bums off of her and Lisa. Finally we have the grease brothers Kevin and B. Regard.” Kermit said pointing to each person.

Scooter retold his story to the others. They listened with compassion. After he had finished everyone leaned back each person thinking for a moment.

Finally B. Regard spoke up, “That is one of the saddest tales I’ve ever heard.” Beau took a sip of his tea wrinkling his nose at the fact that it had mysteriously grown cold and sweet.

Working with someone for years had its benefits. You tend to share your hopes and dreams with each other. Being in the small space that they were in Christy and Kermit had fast become good friends. She remembered something that he had said long ago. Something about a stage show. Quietly she began humming.

“You’re nuts. No way no how.” Kermit said with a straight face. Everyone looked from Kermit to her wondering if they had both lost their marbles.

“La la la la de la la…la la la la de la…It’s time to get things started on The Muppet Show tonight.” Christy began singing.

“All right who spiked her drink…Kev?”

“Me? Who is this chick? I’ve never met her before in my life.” Kevin said wincing as a punch landed in his arm.

“La la la la de la la…It’s time to meet the Muppets…Come on Kermit you have to agree tonight!” Christy stood and took a bow.

“She’s flipped” Lisa muttered.

“Lost it is more like it. Who ever says that crazy idea would ever go over?” Blotch remarked.

“It might…it just might.” Kermit said thinking to himself.

“How would you get there? That theatre is a long ways away!” Goggles exclaimed.

“We’d take the bus.” Christy stated matter of factly.

“Not that gaudy broken down eyesore.” B. Regard groaned.

“It is fixable,” Kev stated rubbing his arm.

“Don’t tell her that!” B. Regard exclaimed.

“What about us?” Croaker asked.

“Come along! The man said he needed a cheap show,” Christy remarked

“I’m coming too. You’re not leaving me at home alone with this ravenous beast,” Lisa grimaced at Rizzo who was now helping himself to her plate.

“This means my food supply is leaving huh?” Rizzo paused for a moment

“To the bus!” Kermit said grinning. Scooter’s eyes began to dart around looking desperately for an escape.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! This is so great! I don't even know where to begin!

"And I said, look buddy I don't care what they do in Spain. I don't go topless for," Janice stopped and blushed, "Oh sorry."
What good is a Muppet story without a Janice moment? It was great!

"David Arquette?" Fozzie asked scratching his head.
Funny!

"No Muppet Show?" Gonzo asked as Danny L. nodded.

"No Rainbow Connection?" Fozzie asked to only get another nod.

"No MopFam, Muffins, Muppet Dorms, MC..." Christy began.

"No us?" Rowlf finished only to get another nod in agreement from Danny L.
From the tempting preview you gave us. It takes on a whole new meaning in the content of the story. The line that hit me the most was Rowlf's "No us?" Gosh what a world that would be!

He loosened his tie, twirled it around like a rope, and sung Twinkle Little Star in Danglish.
DANGLISHES!!! Yea!! He-he

“La la la la de la la…la la la la de la…It’s time to get things started on The Muppet Show tonight.” Christy began singing.

“All right who spiked her drink…Kev?”
More laughter! This cracked me up!

“To the bus!” Kermit said grinning. Scooter’s eyes began to dart around looking desperately for an escape.
This totally reminded me of all the times you've had us on a "mission" here at MC and taken over the EM bus! It was great!

Great, entertaining chapter overall! Please give us some more!