Bad Baby Names

Beakerfan

Reaction score
A few years ago my cousin told me if she ever had twin girls, she'd name them Mercury and Mercedes. Thankfully I think she forgot all about that... Personally, I like the name Rory. A good, celtic name, for a celtic boy. I also like the name Miguel.

McFraggle

Reaction score
What a name for twins, glad she kind of forgot about it.

Phantom

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
A few years ago my cousin told me if she ever had twin girls, she'd name them Mercury and Mercedes.
It could have been worse. She could have named them Ford and Chevy.

Beebers

Reaction score
Actually, my eldest brother is named Ford, from a family surname. Nothing to do with the cars. The old-days movie actor Glenn Ford is a direct cousin of ours. (His real first name is Gwyllyn, from the Welsh.) I think it's a cool name, Ford, for a guy. There was also a great, great writer, Ford Madox Ford. The actress Mercedes McCambridge, I always found that to be a very cool-sounding name. But, Mercury is a, well, I can't say here what kind of car Mercs have always been, I'd be deleted lol. Really Bad Cars.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Bad names from my family:
Luther (my grandpa)
Damon (my cousin)
Kirby (cousin, younger brother of Damon. Did my aunt and uncle name him after the vacuum cleaner or what?)

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda like the name Ford, too. Bad girl baby name: Jasper. Definetly unusual for a girl.

Beebers

Reaction score
We once had a pet mynah bird named Jasper but he was a guy. That's definitely an odd name for a girl, but still a neat name. Makes me think of butlers in old murder/detective mysteries. "Show us to the body in the library, Jasper, will you? And then we'll be having tea in the drawingroom."

:smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
We once had a pet mynah bird named Jasper but he was a guy. That's definitely an odd name for a girl, but still a neat name. Makes me think of butlers in old murder/detective mysteries. "Show us to the body in the library, Jasper, will you? And then we'll be having tea in the drawingroom."

:smile:
I think Jasper would be the detective. "Elementary, my dear Watson."