Bad Baby Names

McFraggle

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Actually, my eldest brother is named Ford, from a family surname. Nothing to do with the cars. The old-days movie actor Glenn Ford is a direct cousin of ours. (His real first name is Gwyllyn, from the Welsh.) I think it's a cool name, Ford, for a guy. There was also a great, great writer, Ford Madox Ford. The actress Mercedes McCambridge, I always found that to be a very cool-sounding name. But, Mercury is a, well, I can't say here what kind of car Mercs have always been, I'd be deleted lol. Really Bad Cars.

:cool:
I know a guy named Ford as well. :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I know a guy named Ford as well. :smile:
Cool. I like names that are distinctive and not run-of-the-mill, yet not outstandingly weird. There's actually a book called "Beyond Jennifer and Jason", which attempts to get parents to use some imagination naming their children lol. I thought my parents did a good job trying to name six kids, that's a lot of names to come up with. Donna, Ford, Alison, John, Philip and Laurel. Not bad. My dad was one of fourteen kids !!! and they all got good names too. Can be a challenge for sure.

:cool:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yes, I really like distinctive names. Working at a preschool, there are way too many Jasons and Justins. For a while the were also, like, four Camerons. And three Tylers. But, actually, it's not that bad, most of the time. Some of the kids have names I've never even heard of, like Cyan and Colson. Alot of the names are very original, and once you figure out which one's which and how to pronounce them, it can be alot of fun.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I like distinctive names as well, but some border on bizarre.

pennyring

Reaction score
Well I'm super late to this discussion but...

some friends have a daughter and son named Jessie and James, like several people mentioned previously, except Jessie is a girl in this case.

My grandma changed her name to Wynne (pronounced "win") as an adult. People always mispronounced it "Winnie" or "Wine".

Her birth name was Wino Mae Mitchell (pronounced win-oh), but always always always mispronounced "wine-oh")... guess why she changed it. Apparently, The Wino Mae was the name of a famous airplane at the time (1912).

If I'd been a boy, my name was going to be Rex Fairfax (first and middle). My parents liked Rex because it means king. Fairfax was one of the Army bases my Dad was stationed at during the Korean War, and it sounded good to them with Rex I guess. Thank goodness I'm a girl. :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Wynne is way cool - I read it as win, surprised others don't. But Wino, yes, I can see why she changed it lol. Rex Fairfax, sounds like a Henson character.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I like the name Ran. I don't know anybody who has that name, but I use it as the name of a character in one of my storys. I used to always have the name in games.

'Ran, get back here.'

'Ran, time for lunch.'

See, it works well.

Bea:zany:{Ran sneezed}regard

Beebers

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I like the name Ran. I don't know anybody who has that name, but I use it as the name of a character in one of my storys. I used to always have the name in games.

'Ran, get back here.'

'Ran, time for lunch.'

See, it works well.
See Ran Run.

See How Ran Ran.

Ran ran round his rum cousin Run.

Getting a little punchy here.

Run Ran Run

:big_grin: :smile: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Julia Roberts named her twins Hazel Patricia Moder and Phinnaeus Walter Moder.