Bad Guys/Villains we didn't root for

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
A couple more I remembered. I HATED the Nude Beach Planet scam artists in Bender's Big Score. Even Robo-Santa teamed up with the heroes to destroy them.
Those three are probably the ONLY characters in the Futurama universe I have no love for WHATSOEVER! :attitude:

They were just way too obnoxious, and not the Zapp-Brannigan-funny type of obnoxious, the bad kind of obnoxious. :boo:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't think I would say I ever root for the villians, but I understand what you mean. Shredder and Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady particularly come to mind just because they were so hilarious in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". (Although in Season 8, things did get a little more serious.)
It's almost like you don't want to see them win necessarily but sometimes it's something different to grant them small victories every now then so that all their plans aren't always thwarted. (Otherwise, you'd think they'd give up and turn themselves in.) But ultimately, I still want the good guys to win in the end.:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I didn't root for Ben Linus at the beginning. Now I guess I do, if only because I feel sorry for him. He's as much a victim of the island's BS as everyone else.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think I would say I ever root for the villians, but I understand what you mean. Shredder and Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady particularly come to mind just because they were so hilarious in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". (Although in Season 8, things did get a little more serious.)
It's almost like you don't want to see them win necessarily but sometimes it's something different to grant them small victories every now then so that all their plans aren't always thwarted. (Otherwise, you'd think they'd give up and turn themselves in.) But ultimately, I still want the good guys to win in the end.:smile:
So, you don't want Dastardly and Muttley to capture that insufferable pigeon? I do.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Doloris Umbridge.

Seriously what is there to like about this woman? She dictates stupid rules aimed at abolishing the students' civil liberties, literally tortures students during undeserved detentions, leaving them permanently scarred On top of that she then talks herself into performing an illegal torture spell, that has been proven to cause insanity, on a minor! And in the last book, she blindly sides with the villains and goes about threatening to destroy the souls of people who resist arrest for the "crime" of being Muggle-born!

Honestly many readers, myself included, hate her more than Voldemort!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh wait, I just happened to think... Sweeney Todd seems to have a HUGE following, particularly amongst emos and girls.
No thanks to the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton version. As a kid who's mother listened to nothing but musicals, you get an unfortunate eye and ear for what's good. The Tim Burton version was good, but all and all the only thing that made it superior to the stage version was the extreme increase in violence. I saw this DVD version of the stage show with Angela Landsberry and some guy who's name I can't remember. That guy played a MUCH better, MUCH more maniacal Sweeny than Johnny did.

Plus, if you actually watch the musical, he's not so much the villain (someone else is, Sweeny just spends the entire musical waiting to kill him)... he's actually the Hero. Which again brings up the whole what exactly is a Hero/villain of the piece, and what happens when NO one in a piece is all that good... not even the Hero.

And of course, the difference between villain and antagonist, which is something else all together.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I forgot about Delores. She reminds me of my elementary school principal. I really do hate her, LOL. My brother pointed out that she's like a worse version of Madam Mim (from Sword and the Stone). If you view that whole movie through the eyes of Sword and the Stone, you start to pick up lots of references, actually. Anyway, I can't stand the woman. I'd become a Death Eater just to get rid of her.

I asked my brother what villain he wouldn't root for. All he just said was "Wario."

LOL.