Beaker's language in the news

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Muppet School

Hello everybodeeee!:super:

Man that does sound cool...I'm not fond of math, but it would be kinda fun to have The Count teach it.:smile: And we could have music lessons with The Electric Mayhem...weeee!

your dear friend
Kitt

dwmckim

Reaction score
I was again thinking of what i would have done had it been my high school and the kind of wilder rebellious person i was back then. I would have rallied people to replace "Meep" with another word like "Murray" (the last name of that high school's principal) - there's no way they could ban the principal's name unless you were to ban the principal from working there!)

...which reminds me - does anyone have their own "expression" words that they use as cleaner variations of swear words? The more random, the better. Of course once Farscape went on the air, "Frell" became a natural part of my vocabulary. I also will say things like "for Frog's sake" or "for the love of Frog" (i know a few other Muppet Freaks do this as well). But again, when you use the most random word or phrase as a term of exclaimation the funnier - i've had a tendancy to react to maddening things by saying "Oh JU-dy TeNUda!"

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I was again thinking of what i would have done had it been my high school and the kind of wilder rebellious person i was back then. I would have rallied people to replace "Meep" with another word like "Murray" (the last name of that high school's principal) - there's no way they could ban the principal's name unless you were to ban the principal from working there!)

...which reminds me - does anyone have their own "expression" words that they use as cleaner variations of swear words? The more random, the better. Of course once Farscape went on the air, "Frell" became a natural part of my vocabulary. I also will say things like "for Frog's sake" or "for the love of Frog" (i know a few other Muppet Freaks do this as well). But again, when you use the most random word or phrase as a term of exclaimation the funnier - i've had a tendancy to react to maddening things by saying "Oh JU-dy TeNUda!"

Ive never used it, but my cousin says Cheese and Rice! (think about it really hard, say it fast- what does it sound like?)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ive never used it, but my cousin says Cheese and Rice! (think about it really hard, say it fast- what does it sound like?)
Aw man, it's a good thing i'm aethiest otherwise i would now probably get hungry whenever i prayed!

APRena

Reaction score
I say "cheese is ripe", only around my friends' parents really... I also use the word firetruck in place of the *shorter* version. I wonder why longer words are used more in place of swears? Well, not in the case of "Meep", but other exclaimations like "Fiddlesticks!" or something.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I say "cheese is ripe", only around my friends' parents really... I also use the word firetruck in place of the *shorter* version. I wonder why longer words are used more in place of swears? Well, not in the case of "Meep", but other exclaimations like "Fiddlesticks!" or something.
You know I never understood swear word and their "clean" counter words- I mean if you say poop, number 2, or s*** whats the difference? why is one worse that the others? or if you are Christian (and I am) why is it ok to say Oh my Gosh or Goodness or anything like that (cough Cheese and Rice cough) when you know it means the exact same thing as if you said God and you mean it the same way, but its ok because you didnt quite say it... I dont know it just confuses me. Most cuss words dont even have a meaning and if you look up the literal definition of the word, it usually has some weird random meaning that has nothing to do with anything bad. Its very interesting :confused: Bet you they all started out just like this Meep thing did.​

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
...which reminds me - does anyone have their own "expression" words that they use as cleaner variations of swear words?
Well, this was a few years ago, but for a short time I used the term "Holy cricket!" which was what Hermione exclaimed when she recognized Harry at the beginning of the first Potter movie.