Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Abby and Elmo are already cast as Princess Diana of Troy and Batman respectively.
Cookie's Dr. Jones, the archaeologist, not the sound effects guy from Commandant Lassard's staff.
Grover's filling in for Birdman's boss, the animated hero, not Michael Keaton's alterego from that movie last year.

And since Bert's also cast as a more classic version of Batman, it makes sense to have Ernie as Robin as leader of the Titans.
Still wonder who could play Beast Boy's role though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe... But wouldn't Murray's reddish fur clash with Beast Boy's inherent greenness? Will probably do a Wiki walk to see which SST monsters are fuzzy and green, besides Clancy. Thanks though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So apparently, there are convention exclusive TTG Funko Pops where they're dressed up as Justice League Members.

But frankly, what I want to see is someone make a Lady Legasus toy/figure/vinyl thingy. Say what you will about the show, but lady Legasus is the best thing the show's ever done.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@PigsLaundry.
After thinking about it, and it was a good internal debate, I decided to cast Maurice Monster as Beast Boy.

@Drtooth.
So it's a 5-pack of Robin as a twitchy version of his mentor who always tells you his name;
Cyborg as Green Lantern;
Starfire as The Flash of the Bolt of Lightening;
Raven as Wonder Woman, even if she looks ridiculous in the Amazonian armor; and
Beast Boy shouting about how he's gonna go hunting some little green men!

Maybe next year they can do a full Lady Legasus and the League of Legs 5-pack set.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only saw Batman Robin , Flash Starfire, and Wonder Woman Raven (who could easily be redecoed/repainted to be Lady Legasus... she has dem legs after all). Dunno about Cyborg and Beast Boy, but the three will be available (as the old toy line disclaimers say) sold separately

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Only saw Batman Robin , Flash Starfire, and Wonder Woman Raven (who could easily be redecoed/repainted to be Lady Legasus... she has dem legs after all). Dunno about Cyborg and Beast Boy, but the three will be available (as the old toy line disclaimers say) sold separately

Pfeh, "sold separately", cheap rip-off artists. The 5-pack would be a better sell especially since, y'know, they're SDCC exclusives. Have fun tromping up and down the convention floor trying to find 'em all kiddies. Just lends much more cred to the best multi-pack figures that I recall: the 7-pack of Fantastic Four figures with the core team+Frankie Storm+HERBIE+Dr. Doom; and the 8-pack Spider-Man set commemorating the Sam Rimy movie trilogy

mr3urious

Reaction score
The first part of the "Island Adventures" 5-parter aired yesterday, which parodies Gilligan's Island, specifically the extensive use of coconuts and bamboo as building materials (and Raven losing it over making coconut cream pies).
Beast Boy and Cyborg even wear the respective hats of Gilligan and Skipper as they take up those roles.

And much to the dismay of detractors, TTG has been renewed for a 4th season.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-16-teen-titans-go-it-gets-weirder/

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know it's intentional, but notice how the Thurston Howell expy looks just a bit like Mr. Magoo, which we all know is the same actor. Also, the fact they built a rocket to get off the island? Gilligan's Planet. Heck, the lunch/launch button could even be attributed to Far Out Space Nuts, a show that had Bob Denver in it in essentially the same role.

This wasn't just a cosmetic parody, they added some deep referential stuff to it. I'm impressed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And much to the dismay of detractors, TTG has been renewed for a 4th season.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-16-teen-titans-go-it-gets-weirder/
I was actually hoping it would end after the third season. I actually enjoyed most of the first season, but after that the show just got progressively sillier and over the top, and not in a good way. The third season being the worst one.
Not to mention the fact that this show is always on. Seriously, why can't they just shove in just one stinkin' episode of Adventure Time and one episode of Regular Show every day, is that too much to ask?? Or at least on weekends or something.

Either way, I don't see this show lasting nearly as long as the other shows, I don't think it's nearly as flexible or imaginative as Gumball, definitely doesn't have the amount of story as Adventure Time or Steven Universe and it's not relatable like Regular Show. So hopefully the show can either die after season four or finally start to tone it down and fix at least some of it's issues.