Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I was actually hoping it would end after the third season. I actually enjoyed most of the first season, but after that the show just got progressively sillier and over the top, and not in a good way. The third season being the worst one.
Not to mention the fact that this show is always on. Seriously, why can't they just shove in just one stinkin' episode of Adventure Time and one episode of Regular Show every day, is that too much to ask?? Or at least on weekends or something.

Either way, I don't see this show lasting nearly as long as the other shows, I don't think it's nearly as flexible or imaginative as Gumball, definitely doesn't have the amount of story as Adventure Time or Steven Universe and it's not relatable like Regular Show. So hopefully the show can either die after season four or finally start to tone it down and fix at least some of it's issues.
I completely disagree with you.

The show is getting better and better and it's still a great show. It is not going to end anytime soon no matter what.

And do not wish death on shows just because you personally don't like them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the fact it's on so much of the day pretty much tells you it wasn't going anywhere. It's not like Nicktoons, where if a show is on that much of it's line up you know it's going to be cancelled, and the Nick execs don't want kids to know that (or exactly what I like to call what happened to TUFF Puppy and Sanjay and Craig). I don't hate the show for being on that many times a day, I just hate the programming decisions that lead to it being on that much a day. And I'm well aware that kids basically just watch these cartoons on tablets on demand now, still no excuse for cutting back a couple hours to make room for Regular Show and Adventure Time episodes at least. I have the same problem with Gumball, only I really like Gumball and with the added complaint of if it's on that much of the day, why is merchandising so sparse? Plus, I know you're in the process of giving Uncle Grandpa the boot, but would it have killed ya to keep the freaking Saturday slot?

Still, I don't mind much that it's been renewed so much as I'm a little annoyed by how the network treats programming either like they're on another network or they feel the need to rotate things except the two aforementioned shows. On the one hand, no more GAWD AWFUL live action programming no one liked, crappy internet cartoons that lost relevance just before being a TV show, and Johnny Test, but on the other hand bad time slots for Transformers and Sonic Boom (if that's even still part of the network and I highly doubt reports of a second season happening...yeah, the video game sucked, let's not throw the baby away with the bathwater), no time slots for Wabbit, What's New Scooby-Doo (keep in mind Scooby's pretty much WB's non-DC comics meal ticket), and especially Bunnicula outside of Boomerang (where they're reruns anyway), and certain shows getting shafted because of rotation.

As for the show itself, I really hope it can go back at some point and do DC comics/Teen Titans parody again. I've grown to actually the Omake style of the show, provided the episodes are at least clever commentaries and not "I'm the Sauce" ever again. I see more of that happening anyway. Still, I want to see an actual parody of Batman V Superman, and not an April Fools joke title. There's plenty of stuff the Titans could pick on with that movie. I want to see them have to fight socially awkward, possibly sexual predator Lex Luthor just to comment on how disturbingly creepy he was.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And do not wish death on shows just because you personally don't like them
Death death death, I hope this show dies a horrible, disgraceful death!
As for the show itself, I really hope it can go back at some point and do DC comics/Teen Titans parody again. I've grown to actually the Omake style of the show, provided the episodes are at least clever commentaries and not "I'm the Sauce" ever again. I see more of that happening anyway. Still, I want to see an actual parody of Batman V Superman, and not an April Fools joke title. There's plenty of stuff the Titans could pick on with that movie. I want to see them have to fight socially awkward, possibly sexual predator Lex Luthor just to comment on how disturbingly creepy he was.
That's what i've always wanted from the show, that's what everyone thought they were getting, a parody of other DC properties, especially a parody of the 2003 Teen Titans show. But that's not really what we got. At times I wonder why they even bothered using the same characters. The characters are hardly anything like they were before, and most of the time it seems like it could be any random cartoon about selfish, lazy, dumb kids. They barely act like superheroes at all or even parodies of superheroes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a feeling that's just because of natural show progression. It seems they we on a path to regularly, if not recurringly, do more referential DC comics stuff, but the writers were all "screw it" and wrote was was easier and funnier for them. Also doesn't help the third season essentially had one writer who has a certain writing style. I kinda wish Amy Wolfram was still writing for the show occasionally, I think she wrote for the original series. Her episodes were more referential, and one in particular she wrote was the one where they all go to Starfire's home planet.

That said, I've grown to not mind the non-Superhero stuff. I mean, yeah, sure, Gumball deals with dark humor much better (British writing staff, after all). But I am starting to like certain episodes that are commentaries, especially the meta ones. I'm very mixed about the current season. Anything else I can say about the show's non-stop reruns is all about the network management. It's not the showrunners' fault that CN runs them that many times a day. And at least they show most of the rest of the cartoons on a semi-regular basis, unlike Nickelodeon. I feel it's the weakest show in the line up, but it's a pretty strong line up. Had they still had Annoying Orange or "My Gym Partner's a monkey" or even Baby Looney Tunes (thank GLOB they don't anymore), TTG would look far superior in comparison. And I'm more annoyed by adult swim still having the "Anime? What the *&^% is that mess?" attitude (even with Toonami) while saying "Mr. Pickles? Am I right?"

That all out of the way, I didn't expect to actually love the Island Adventures episodes this much so far. Second day, Survivor parody. Something that's unfortunately never going to be culturally irrelevant. Plus small bits of Castaway and Predator. If the characters are going to be sociopaths, I actually like it when Robin is the paranoid, insanely uptight and uptightly insane one when the rest of the group is more easy going yet everyone else manages to skirt disaster. I chalk it up to super hero PTSD, which actually makes the character funnier if you look at it that way.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Part 3 of "Island Adventures" parodied Jurassic Park.

And it seems that Part 4 is going to parody "Fantasy Island".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, more of a Jurassic Park and "Land that time forgot" trope parody.

Seemed like it was about to go through a Lost parody..maybe they're saving that for the end?

mr3urious

Reaction score
So far, this has been the weakest of the 5-parter to me. I felt that they could have gone further with the dinosaur/dinosaur movie commentary (like maybe stick feathers on them and have the Titans freak out/laugh at the fact, or how Apatosaurus is the correct name for the long-necked one), but instead devolved to a childish peeing contest between the team over which stock dino is better.

Plus, the dinosaurs with battle armor thing was done way better with the Toy Story Christmas special.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel they could have done a lot more with the lost world/land that time forgot concept as well. Maybe have Beast Boy connect to his prehistoric roots or something.

But I think it was at least worth it to see Robin choose a raptor because it can open doors, only to have it completely struggle to do so, and then for it to only know how to open doors when it directly inconveniences the Titans. Loved Robin praising the raptor for doing so, only to have an "oh yeah..." reaction.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now Robin plays the role of Mr. Roarke and gives the other Titans the opportunity to satisfy their inner desires and teach them that wishes often have unintended consequences... and only Raven's wish to get off the island goes horribly wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That really made up for the lost opportunity the Lost World episode was. I especially loved how Cyborg's wish was supposed to end in an ironic, angry bitterness, but he was just so happy to see Beast Boy succeed, it undermined Robin's valuable lesson.

And loved that Starfire's was an LSP/Catnip trip that drove him insane.