1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big Bird in China or Japan?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Pug Lover, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, so is the Count. After all, he still does the "Number of the Day" and he's made a few street scenes this season.
  2. BooberFraggless

BooberFraggless New Member

3. PiLfan

PiLfan Member

test

just a test...i've been having problems posting.

disregard
  4. Daffyfan2003

I think there's a "feedback" section on those forums where you could do testing and stuff like that. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, in response to your post, Boober, I understand now. I didn't think they got the original "Sesame Street" Muppateers for "Plaza Sesamo." Though Ernie does sound a heck of a lot like Henson there. Anyway, thanks for the info.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It is true that The Count is still active on the show, but ever since the Number of The dy segments were introduced, it seems to me like the count is mostly just used to introduce the number of the day these days, and new number of the day segments for the numbers 1-10 that were produced in season 36 haven't featured The Count. I am aware that he is in some of this years street plots. Prarie dawn is also still used a lot but normally just for the letter of the day.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Yeah, I've noticed that when the Count sings the song to Countess Von Backwards, she never stops him before ten. They really should come up with some new segments with the count for numbers 1-10. And I guess they could use Prarie in something else besides "The Letter of the Day." Maybe she could do more of those plays like she used to do. I see your point there.
  7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

She should do more plays! Why hasn't she done any or played the piano atleast? She was best known for that stuff. Plus it would get her on the street more. She hasn't been in any street stories for a while. Maybe it is because Fran Brill uses Zoe for the street, but they don't have to be there at the same time in the same episode. Zoe isn't in every street story anyway. And Prairie did well with Big Bird and Snuffy and Elmo. They should have her interact with more characters again besides Cookie (even though they are a perfect match for comedy).
  8. Daffyfan2003

Well, Prarie did do a play recently in "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays." They need more stuff like that.