1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bill Baretta Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Salmoto, Feb 3, 2003.

1. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

LOL!

And yet we talk about them in public all the time...

:D
  2. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

emmy lemme just tell you..... going to blockbuster is completely worth it for the joe the armidillo segment. You get to see bill doing all sorts of fun stuff while puppeteering, and cracking jokes behind the scenes. but you might wanna call before you go and make sure they have a copy waiting for you so the whole busy street ordeal isn't a waste of your time.
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

:eek: i want it...i only rented the video......

Sarah
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

.........ack - and you call yourself a Bill Baretta fan ? :rolleyes: Any true Bill stalker errr i mean admirer would have the 24 carat gold special deluxe one of a kind DVD version personally autographed by Bill, they'd leave freshly baked muffins on his doorstep every morning, would wear Pepe the Prawn underwear and would stop at nothing to see Bill ...... including chasing behind or indeed in front of or on top of his car ! (without the aid of a harness).
  5. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Pah.

Amateurs.

6. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

ya he can perform both, but as much as i like pepe and all, to much emphasis is put on pepe and not on rowlf since they're both bill characters...rowlf is like the oldest muppet and still hasn't gotten his due time....pains me to see newer muppets get in the spot light more than the older muppets...

ryan
  7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

But that's always happened. If "new" characters haven't taken over for the "old" ones, we'd all be wearing Wayne and Wanda underwear or something like that.

Rowlf will come back. Give it time. It's taken Henson so many years to find the right performer for Rowlf, and Bill has to have a chance to understand the character.

As for Pepe, I say keep with the prawn. He's a modern Muppet for the modern times, and he's drawing in interest from new people...
  8. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I TELL YOU MY PARENTS WOULDN'T RENT THE DVD!!!!! THEY DON'T GIVE ME MONEY DON'T LET ME GET A JOB, AND I DON'T GET TO RENT DVD'S (AND THEY'RE THE SAME RENTING PRICE AS VHS'S....WEIRD)

I do bake him muffins and put them on his porch every morning though!

Sarah
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Don't we all!

Happy Billentine's Day!!!

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yay!!!

Sarah
  12. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

i like bill becuse without bill thier would be no rowlf anymore.:)
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

The thing with Pepe is that he would work very well as a standalone character too away from the other Muppets - so a talk show, other show with puppet host, puppet on talk show circuit would be great for him. It'd be pretty funny if there was a reality show with a puppet host - lol ! So they can do lots with Pepe where they can do something without having to have a whole group of puppeteers and yet people should associate him with the Muppets and he'll promote their main brand too.
  14. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

i agree luke
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

So here I am bumping this very old thread because Bill is my absolute favorite new performer. This guy is fantastic, he has really come into his own lately. I mean here's a guy who can just adlib and keep it totally funny. His Rowlf is near perfect (and I don't think you understand how big for me it is to say that!). At first, I didn't care for PePe or BoBo, but lately it's like this guy has just EXPLODED!

Bill, if you're reading this, this is coming from a guy who was losing hope in the Muppets and you have restored it, thank you and please keep up the absolutely spectacular work. I really hope to see more of :sympathy: and :D in the very near future!!!

Bill Baretta ROCKS!!!
  16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Amen to that, Vic. It's totally true. Definately worth bumping the thread for. Bill Baretta, you are awesome!