1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Smig New Member

One other good point about "Gadget's Last Case":

No Capeman.

Smig
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm the only one who liked Capeman! At least he was a BILLION times better than Scrappy Doo...and they gave him his OWN show!
  3. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

My opinions on those:

A) not really a MAJOR concern, but, yes, that would be nice. But, right now, if Kermit actually does stuff with Classic Muppet group I'd be happy.

B) not really necessary, to be honest. Particularly TDC which bombed. But definitely some attention focused on the fantasy aspect of the company would be awesome. I wish Henson will soon be recognized as a leader of not only children and family entertainment with the Muppets, but also with fantasy programs which started (in a way) with the now-defunct Farscape. And if they could do more fantasy movies or revive The Storyteller for cable or something, that'd be cool. ANYWAY...

C) YES.

D) Double yes. Promote the heck out of everything if you like, just make sure the product is entertaining and cuddly and/or cool-looking.

I still wanted to walk to The Disney Store one day and see Kermit, Fozzie and Fraggles alongside Mickey, Pooh, and the sorta-adopted Big Blue House characters. THAT would be a sight.
  4. Muppets1985 Member

**I still wanted to walk to The Disney Store one day and see Kermit, Fozzie and Fraggles alongside Mickey, Pooh, and the sorta-adopted Big Blue House characters. THAT would be a sight.**

Me 2 brother, meeeee 2!!!:( :( :)
  5. Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh i can not tell you how much i loved the Super Mario Bros Super Show! along with the Super Mario Bros 3 show as well with the koopa kids.

I am also a Heathcliff fan too, that theme song will be guled in my mind forever! Riff Raff and the Cattlelac cats were a hoot! Heathcliff was on a few summers ago back on the fox family channle, when it was the fox family channle, i watched it all summer long, that and pee wee's playhouse.

this is really making me miss these shows and i don't even want to turn the tv on to see the junk that they play now.

The Raccoons was a great show too that was back on a few summers ago on a local Canada station i got because i live near the area. some time it pop's back and goes away from time to time, for all i know it could be back on now, i should check.

Zack) Rowlf the, if i could just have my own satation and run all the shows i love, that would be great, can i have that for Christmas Mom? Yeah, thanks! Dog;)
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Thank you, Zack the "remembering the days before Dic made crappy junk shows, and let all the bad ones (but, luckily letting Super Mario :D ) on DVD" Dog.

This is kinda fun, man! In case you want to know, DIC had a Disney partnership, and though it released some great stuff on Video, they did make pretty bad cartoons like Hammerman (?) and (before the partnership ended) Sabrina the Series (YUUUUCHHHH!!!!)

I am worried about Disney buying the Muppets, as much as I encourage it. At least it will be less confusing.

Wonder why Sony entertainment (aka Columbia Tristar) didn't put in a bid!
  7. Muppets1985 Member

Ummm.... I just lurned that Disney owns Saban!!!
  8. Bean Bunny New Member

D.Tooth,

Disney was invovled in the making of Hammerman.
  9. Zack the Dog Active Member

yeah i have seen the DVD's before, do you know how many were made?

Thanks,

Zack)Rowlf the, take one step and then again, come on lets to do the mario! Dog.
  10. ZootandDingo Member

Um, yeah. As already mentioned in the thread, Disney owns the Saban company, but it is Haim Saban himself who wants to own the Muppets. He is no longer with the Saban company following the Disney buyout.

Unless Disney makes its own bid or buys the company away from Mr. Saban afterward, they have no stake in these talks.
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Come on now, JUUUUST LIIIIKE THAAAT!! I love that! Especially when he fixes his pose at the end! Ha Ha HA

Yeah, and if you give him a quarter, M.C. Hammer will perform at your next Birthday party too!
  12. Bean Bunny New Member

Disney bought DIC with the ABC so that means Disney had no hand in the making of Hammerman. Hammerman was made in 1992 0r 1991. The Disney/ABC merger was in 1995.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, I havt to retract the "quarter Birthday party" thing. After he performed at my Birthday party last year, my silver ware was missing. I had to eat out of plastic sporks and fnives (fork knives, it will never catch on) for a month. Then I found that he hid them in his baggy pants. I thought I heard a jingling when he left.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!
  14. SgtPepper New Member

Saban.... hmmm.... That would kinda suck cause he has stupid shows (which are now called "classic tv" in my school.) Anyway I would rather have World Wrestling Entertainment buy the muppets than Saban. But we all know the best owner of the muppets would be me... I wouldn't leave it alone... I would bring back the Electric Mayhem... IN BIG TIME SPEAKING ROLES !!!! (now all I need to do is find the talent)

but Seriously I think theyre best bet is Disney is the best bet right now as much as I hate them for doing sequels. Think of all the cool stuff Disney could do with the muppets.
  15. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yes, the majority (from what I see anyway) finally agree or realize that Disney would probably be the best place for Henson. Whether they're TRYING or Saban is still bidding or anyone is doing ANYTHING, we just don't know. Well, maybe by New Year's.
  16. Bean Bunny New Member

Uh, the Saban deal has fallen and Disney has supposed nom more interested due to current econimic situations at the company. I am not saying that Disney buyout is not possible but Henson has been for sale, for about year and 1/2 know, you would think that EM.TV would have sold them by now.
  17. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Heck, makes me wonder if EM.TV will keep the Muppets. I mean, how much money do they want? Henson's been up for sale since March 2001!
  18. Luke Active Member

Actually it's very serious - i'm sure EMTV might like to keep the Muppets now they are making some money and the promotional and licensing rewards are being reaped but they have big bills to pay and not yet recouping the money they expected from the Henson sale means they have to find the money for those bills someplace else. If they can't - it means Henson and the Muppets could be owned by a bank come next year and then the nasty stuff really starts to hit the fan !