Birds Of Prey

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of it. Is is available on video? Hope so. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Why oh why cant other crappy Super hero tv garbage like Mutant X get the can to? Astonishing, they allow stuff like Mutant X, Shezan Artifact finder of the jungle, and Kevin Sorbo's Abtacular loin-cloth-athon to roam free on the UHF channels...yet they cant bring over an epic real sci fi genre show like Farscape to UPN. sad.
YES! YES! Finally someone else who agrees with me. I am dead sick and dead tired of these mindless UHF syndicated action adventure Beastmaster junk that is an insult to other less rediculous moronic action shows. Come on! Even the thrid rate made for TV "Kissing Place" type movies staring losers who couldn't even get voice over work on a thrid rate cartoon show is better than Mutant X(-men ripoff).

I did not like Birds of Pry, Sam I am. I mean, the whole show was about Batman, yet it had none of the great stuff that made Batman the coolest superhero ever... especially Batman... no Joker, No Harley Quin, no Catwoman... NOTHING!!!! Just another "Female battles evil" Charmed/ Buffy carbon copy. Of Course, if something's cancelled from the WB (The network that picked up Fox's dropped S*it-com, Grounded for Life :eek: ) you know it's doomed!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigD
One of the best shows I've ever seen not only didn't get picked up, but the pilot wasn't even aired.

I'm talking about Heat Vision and Jack.

Directed by Ben Stiller.

Starring Jack Black as an astronaut whose shuttle went too close to the sun, which somehow increased his brain size, making him the smartest man in the world. When he returned to Earth, NASA head honcho and actor Ron Silver (playing himself) tries to capture him to remove his brain. During the first attempt on Black's life, his best friend is somehow zapped into his motorcycle. Jack and his motorcycle Heat Vision (with the voice of Owen Wilson) escape and are pursued by Ron Silver.

It's absolutely hilarious. Anyone else seen it?

Craig

Sounds hilarious!! I wish I'd seen it!

wolfy

Reaction score
"Birds of Prey" started out last year with the new shows for the WB.

There wasn't much viewers could do to save the show (it went up against some pretty stiff competition - West Wing mainly), and some of the viewers were pretty ticked off at the way the main characters were portrayed (especially Harley Quinn).

The avid comic reader wanted the characters to stay true-to-form (at least, comic form), and the WB wanted more "action and drama."

A lot of money went in for special effects and equipment, but they could have used a couple better actors, too.

Yes, Reese is a doll! That's Shemar Moore, formerly "Malcom Winters" from the daytime drama, "The Young and the Restless." He is a great actor. He's even made bad movies look good, and if you ever see him with his shirt off...well let me just say...OMG!!!

I've met Mr. Moore in person, and my dream date would be to go out with him AND with James Marsters ("Spike" from "Buffy"). They have to be two of the sweetest, kindest, sexiest men on the face of the earth!

Anyway...about "Prey"...the finale was one of the best shows they have done, and it's been a long time since we had seen "BOP" on the WB. No, I don't think they are going to have another season. To be honest, when this one was pulled earlier this year (around late October, early November, if I remember right), viewers were pretty much left in the dark about the whole thing...

Personally, I would have loved more about "Clayface" and some of the "Batman/Catwoman" history that they allude to, and now, knowing that Alfred is in contact with Bruce Wayne about his daughter...well, that leads to all kinds of possibilities, but how can they do this to viewers when the show is no longer going to be on the air???

I don't know. My personal favorite show that was blown out of the water has and probably always will be "Farscape." Sci-Fi lost a LOT when they decided to go American and "Stargate 1" instead of Australian and "Farscape," in my opinion....
wolfy

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
[BI don't know. My personal favorite show that was blown out of the water has and probably always will be "Farscape." Sci-Fi lost a LOT when they decided to go American and "Stargate 1" instead of Australian and "Farscape," in my opinion....
wolfy [/B]
Are you talking about Stargate SG1?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Stargate... ick! A bomb, critically reviled movie... how come it has such a following? They already needlessly show it on the weekends in syndication, but then they kill off Farscape for that lame lame lame show. Not only that, but then they have the nerve to make a Stargate cartoon show which airs both on the Fox Box, and The Incredible World of DIC (syndicated Umbrella title, with he lame Sherlock holmes in the 22nd Century, and the okay, I guess Archie's Weird Mysteries) I HATE Stargate.. HATE HATE HATE!!! :mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't like Stargate either, but the original movie did receive many good reviews from reputable critics. I remember that. I can't watch the show because I find it boring.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Ok, time for the differing opinion, I hope no one eggs me. But I liked Stargate. I don't watch it much anymore but I enjoyed the tv show. I liked Richard Dean Anderson. So...there ya go:embarrassed: :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin: :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No eggs! LOL! As long as Stargate doesn't shove something I love out of its timeslot, I don't care who likes it. It's a well crafted show. I find it dull, but can see why others would find aspects of it cool. I'm less of a sci-fi guy myself. That could have something to do with it. :wink:

wolfy

Reaction score
Stargate SG1 - Stargate 1 - whatever!

Yes, it has McGyver in it (Richard Dean Anderson), and yes, it pushed "Farscape" out of the timeslot that was perfect for it (9 pm Eastern Friday nights, so right before "Law & Order: SVU" and right after "America's Funniest Videos").

I have no love for Stargate, no matter what it's called.

I don't throw eggs; just raspberries to SciFi for taking "Farscape" and throwing it away unmercifully...*sniff*

BTW...anyone remember "Beastmaster?" Who was that guy? I've seen him so much on televison lately, and always as a bad guy (even on a soap opera in the past couple years)! Wasn't it Marc Singer or something like that...?
wolfy (who is TOTALLY lost on "Farscape" because she saw it for the first time since December last night...)