Blues Brothers Weekend (by Foz)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just over at GB.net and found out that the "plans" some guy posting under Red Ketchup is 'planning some big revival for GB fans' but hasn't said anything else yet.

It kind of leads toward comic books, but isn't for sure what the product is. Unlike Ken, whose intelligence was "We're making action figures, what do you want to see" this guy is all "We have big plans, but want your input. What do you want to see?"

Well, not knowing what it is, how can we give input to what he is doing??

Anyhow, I was also just thinking today that a Blues Brothers cartoon could work, with Jake and Elwood, and all the things that happened to them prior to Jake's going to jail, including the band as characters as well, and each show ending with a performance somewhere. They could be put into a situation in each program that they have to solve their way through while still running from the law to get to their next performance.

FOZ

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
how come john goodman doesn't perform with dan? although jim belushi is great and all..

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I doubt if the two of them are all that close. I mean, I figure Dan and Jim are real close friends, but I don't picture Dan and John doing something like that. John Goodman doesn't seem like the friendly type.:big_grin:

Just yokin', said the egg.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

Anyhow, I was also just thinking today that a Blues Brothers cartoon could work, with Jake and Elwood, and all the things that happened to them prior to Jake's going to jail, including the band as characters as well, and each show ending with a performance somewhere. They could be put into a situation in each program that they have to solve their way through while still running from the law to get to their next performance.

Weird thing, really. There was a very obscure UK Comic Book called "The Sleeze Brothers" (apparently, they didn't get the copywrite to get the REAL Blues Bros. in a comic book. Anyway, the difference was that they were detectives or something (if memory suits me, which it doesn't!) in like the 30th century or something. I got a few issues for a quter each, just haven't read them in a while. They were pretty good, though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Over the years since John Belushi's death, Danny has performed with several different people, mainly Jim Belushi. He's opened some House of Blues restaurants with John Goodman, Bill Murray, and a few others. I guess it just depends on who Elwood can find that's available at the time (ME! ME! ME!) :cool:

I don't see how the Sleeze Brothers would have any similarity to the Blues Brothers at all, but I can see that they have a LOT of similarity to the 2 brothers who kidnap Big Bird in Follow that Bird. Which came first, the Bird film or the comic book? (The bros. in FTB WAS named Sleeze, right?)

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score

I don't see how the Sleeze Brothers would have any similarity to the Blues Brothers at all, but I can see that they have a LOT of similarity to the 2 brothers who kidnap Big Bird in Follow that Bird. Which came first, the Bird film or the comic book? (The bros. in FTB WAS named Sleeze, right?)

FOZ
Hmmmm... maybe I can scan a cover or something and e-mail it to you. They actually have parody names, variations on Elwood and stuff like that, I forget. I just can't remember them. They looked EXACTLY like them, only a little more cartoony.... Can't really give much detail on it, sionce I haven't read the things in years.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm...wonder why they didn't just get more licensing rights and USE Elwood and Jake?

Seems there was an attempt to do some kind fo animated Blues Bros thing in recent years, I dunno.

FOZ

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Over the years since John Belushi's death, Danny has performed with several different people, mainly Jim Belushi. He's opened some House of Blues restaurants with John Goodman, Bill Murray, and a few others. I guess it just depends on who Elwood can find that's available at the time (ME! ME! ME!) :cool:

i never knew bill murray performed with dan....i mean i know they've been friends since the good ol days of saturday night live and maybe even before, but i never pictured bill dressed as a blues brother and singing with dan...maybe they should get ernie hudson and harold ramis just for kicks and they can do a ghostbusters/blues brothers type of thing!

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That'd be funn-ee. :smile:

Actually, it only happened once as far as I know, and it was to open a House of Blues.

The concert with Dan and Jim was WAY cool!!

I'd like to have a fan convention for Ghostbusters' fans and have a panel set up each day with all the members of the movies, including the artists/writers for the cartoons.