Blues Brothers Weekend (by Foz)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Heheheheheheheheehehehehehe!

Hey, ever meet a man who was both a moyel and a shoe-maker? I have. It's scary.
:eek:

:big_grin:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
And on that note, I'll have dry wheat toast and water. :big_grin: (Manda's BORED today.....) Congrats on metting Dan! Bluesc Brothers has ALWAYS been one of my favorite movies! I'd love to meet Dom Deluise, too, come to think of it!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i just finally saw the pictures...man, i forgot how fat dan has gotten over the past 12 years.....when i see him on old episodes of saturday night live compared to now, he was so skinny back in the 70's and 80's...wonder what happened to him!!! but seriously and all, thats great you got to meet dan. i would love to meet him and discuss ghostbusters 3 with him sometime!!!!!!!

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
And on that note, I'll have dry wheat toast and water. :big_grin: (Manda's BORED today.....) Congrats on metting Dan! Bluesc Brothers has ALWAYS been one of my favorite movies! I'd love to meet Dom Deluise, too, come to think of it!
Dom would be great. He's always been a fun entertainer.

Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
i just finally saw the pictures...man, i forgot how fat dan has gotten over the past 12 years.....when i see him on old episodes of saturday night live compared to now, he was so skinny back in the 70's and 80's...wonder what happened to him!!! but seriously and all, thats great you got to meet dan. i would love to meet him and discuss ghostbusters 3 with him sometime!!!!!!!ryan
It is amazing that at his age and size he can still move the way he does on stage. I got him to autograph a Ghostbusters Logo Patch for me ("Dan Aykroyd, Ray"). His problems with Sony and Ghostbusters3 really caused him some distress. He totally moved OFF the Sony lot, and there were several rumors that he was just going to retire from the entertainment industry. "The First Church of Dan Aykroyd" is a neat website, and I think they posted the article I sent them about Danny's retirement plans. This week (or it might have happened) on Life with Jim, Danny makes a special appearance there.

GB3 was supposed to be about the premise "What happens when **** gets too full." I think the religious overtone there might have been a problem for the studios somewhat, however I think they're DUMB DUMB DUMB because when I'm out in my GB uniform I always have 'fans' talking about how much they loved the movie and ate the cereal and had the toys and watched the cartoons!! LOL!! GB is still a sellable property and still has fans, but Sony would prefer to see other dumb movies coming out instead.

Then again, it could just be the fan boy in me talking...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i would love to see another ghostbusters movie come out. i love those movies and the cartoon shows they had. who knows if people would go see a new ghostbusters movie?! people certainly didn't go see the latest star trek movie and that one just got tanked at the box office....

i've been going to ghostbuster web pages and looking at their messages boards on people talking about ghostbusters 3 and who should be in it, new ghostbusters characters, the plot, etc. and i think its all great!

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, I visit Ghostbusters.net.

http://www.ghostbusters.net/disscussion/

It's a pretty cool website. The message boards aren't as easily accessed at MC Forums are, tho.

They are mentioning there some big event for GB, an annoucnement rather, due out this month. Wonder what it is?

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Foz, man... I am sooooo jealous....

Actually, someone at college met Jim Henson when he (not Henson... the student) was younger. It was before Jim died too.

Anyway, I heard plans for a new "Real Ghostbusters" comic Book (well... more like "read" than heard!) But the details are fuzzy in my mind. I forgot the article. It was on the Toonzone website somewhere.

I've always been a fan of Aykroyd, and "old School" SNL peoples... (I hate this Jimmy Fallon, skinny Bug eyed cast now a days... igck!) I was disappointed that his "Soul Man" sitcom did badly (I loved the Big Bird episode).

Anyway, I'd rather a new Ghostbusters series (the original cast, not extreem Ghostbusters. It was cool, just not as good!) I suppose that they can have the voices of Maurice LaMarche (who I actually met at an autograph signing in a Warner Bros. store), Frank Welker, and Dave Coulier as Egon, Ray and Slimer, and Peter respectively. Though, the original voice of Peter, Lorenzo Music has passed. I did like Coulier's take on Peter, since he did a pretty good Bill Murray Impersonation. Can't remember who did the other guy's voice (why did I forget his NAME!!!), though Arseno Hall did the voice on the first season. If it wasn't for "Star Search" I guess he could reprise the role.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
It was before Jim died too.
I don't think I'd want to meet him after.

(Sorry, just had to poke fun) Welcome back!