Bolt, from the S*N*O*W*T*H Rant Files

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really was referring to DrTooth's comment about some adoption people being upset at the film. It had no bearing on your perspective. I guess you misread that part or erroneously think my last couple of posts were to you. Sorry about that misunderstanding.
yeha. A bunch of people thought it would be a bad message... but its a cartoon. I'd love to meet the kid who builds a real working time machine to get better foster parents because of this movie... :smirk:

I also enjoyed the TNMT movie. The animation wasn't perfect and the head of the film was weighted down with a little too much plot exposition for my taste, but once it started going I was glued! I really like the look of the city and the character design. It appears to be the most faithful telling of the comic to date. I hope they continue making them. Any word on that?

The way Imagi's going, I doubt it. There is talk of a fifth movie, but without Imagi's help (and possibly Kevin Monroe, who left Imagi in a huff). Seems the company was taken over by an idiotic Ex-dreamworks exec who wants to dumb down all the current projects with irrelivant Celebrity voice actors and more "kid appealing" stories. Like anyone under the age of 20 has heard of Science Team Gathcaman. Playmates, the toys company, was so sure a sequal would happen, it at one time posted wild rumors about a Live action/CGi hybrid movie (one of the directions they're looking at) coming out next year. Mirage came down and told them it wasn't true.

Of course, since Playmates is still playing the movie version characters card, instead of focusing on the next season of TMNT, it's no wonder.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really was referring to DrTooth's comment about some adoption people being upset at the film. It had no bearing on your perspective. I guess you misread that part or erroneously think my last couple of posts were to you. Sorry about that misunderstanding.
I did think the last post had something to do with mine, sorry :smile:!

However, you must not have gotten the message of the film if you think the lead character had a dark and lonely past that he'd rather simply forget. That wasn't it at all and the film was quite clear to everyone I’ve spoken with about it.
That wasn't exactly what I got from the movie ether, it was mostly the pov I've heard most of the time from people that disliked it for the adoption part of the story...but I don't really see it that way...
t is clear we saw two different movies – one with a sweet way of tackling a difficult subject and another that rudely clobbers viewers over the head with a tacked-on inane message.
I see movies very different than most people most of the time..it's a weird habit of mine *lol*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
yeha. A bunch of people thought it would be a bad message... but its a cartoon. I'd love to meet the kid who builds a real working time machine to get better foster parents because of this movie... :smirk:
SPOILER (for anyone who hasn't seen Robinsons):

I found the film refreshing that the protagonist decides not to see his birth mother after creating a time machine and the fact that she passes right in front of him. It's standard exploitive television and film fare for the subject to be about reuniting that I think some audiences felt cheated at that stroke of brilliance. It sums up my personal view on the subject as well. I also despise coverage about adoptions gone wrong when it is such a rare case contrary to the norm.

I didn't know about the getting better foster parents angle some viewers thought the film contained. That's funny. In another thread about Frank Oz he speaks about making Sesame Street too PC for kids. I feel the same way. Robinsons was quite brave in the way they handled this without giving it a slapped-on solution. The scene in the rain when Lewis turns away is quite profound and not dumbed down for mass consumption.

For a minute I thought you might have confused the Robinsons issues with the Horton Hears a Who pro-life activists co-opting the film's message without consent of the Seuss family or the filmmakers (both deny a relation to that particular issue). The group had flyers printed up in the same PMS color and font in hopes of deceiving audiences outside theaters that they were promoters of the movie. I'm not going to open that social/political can of worms, but those tactics were rather sleazy. My partner actually got a pamphlet by mistake and was really disturbed by it. I knew something was up and declined any interaction with the activists.

The way Imagi's going, I doubt it. There is talk of a fifth movie, but without Imagi's help (and possibly Kevin Monroe, who left Imagi in a huff). Seems the company was taken over by an idiotic Ex-dreamworks exec who wants to dumb down all the current projects with irrelivant Celebrity voice actors and more "kid appealing" stories. Like anyone under the age of 20 has heard of Science Team Gathcaman. Playmates, the toys company, was so sure a sequal would happen, it at one time posted wild rumors about a Live action/CGi hybrid movie (one of the directions they're looking at) coming out next year. Mirage came down and told them it wasn't true.

Of course, since Playmates is still playing the movie version characters card, instead of focusing on the next season of TMNT, it's no wonder.
That is so unfortunate. It's the kind of cynical filmmaking that saddens me. TMNT made back its budget and then some. I had every notion there was something in the works.

When will these people learn that the best "kid-appealing" stories are ones that can appeal to all audiences? That's what makes them successful. So basically these guys are going from a successful wider appeal to a more limited scope? Wow. I just hope someone does another film as good as the last one.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to The Princess and the Frog for years. Though I really hope the movie doesn't rely too much on southern stereotypes. I don't think anything will keep me from seeing it though. I love the princess design, and the frog is really cute.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Princess and the Frog

This appears to be just a teaser, but I like what I see here. It sets the world up a little bit without telling too much. That will come later - a lot of marketing. :smile:

The lightening bug looks kin to Pepe! :rolleyes:

I wish they'd kept the Frog Prince or Frog Princess title. It just seems a little odd.

I'm excited about this picture.

Redsonga

Reaction score
This appears to be just a teaser, but I like what I see here. It sets the world up a little bit without telling too much. That will come later - a lot of marketing. :smile:

The lightening bug looks kin to Pepe! :rolleyes:

I wish they'd kept the Frog Prince or Frog Princess title. It just seems a little odd.

I'm excited about this picture.
The Princess and The Frog sounds like someone over thinked the title to me... Why not use the real story title? It worked for so many other Disney fairy tales:excited:...

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Well, if the final product is solid, I can forgive the title change. I do like the font of the title however.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I like the name "The Frog Princess" better too!