Breaking Back In

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A good chapter. Needs a bit of polish here and there... But the general message came through...

The exposition helped answer some questions we've had from the beginning...
Percival made a promise he hasn't kept, that's bad form old boy.
Rowlf defending Jim, nice touch.
Uncle Deadly pouncing on Waldenberg, and Amber and Robin showing up at the last minute...
The deal made between Kermit and Percival after they learned the truth...
And lose the tude Perc, they're the good guys, of course they'll keep their end of the bargain you dunce. The question is will you. And you don't own all the networks, there's still KMUP.
And there's a line said by Piggy that I find particular poinient to the entire thread of the story: "How will Moi returning to her fans ruin your career? It is you who has ruined my career.

Now then... Hope the Muppets get the rest they need. They've got a reunion/comeback special to put on and I'm looking forward to it.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great chapter! I really liked Rowlf's defending Jim, it was rather poignant. I liked it alot. Anyway, I'm falling asleep as I'm writing this, so I'll comment more tomorrow.

Java

Reaction score
That's it! :mad: The new rule is no more posting chapters until I've had another read through of them at least one hour after finishing the chapter. First I start leaving sentences out and now just little things that if I were in school the grade would be a whopping 'D'.

Yes, that one needed polish, I'm sorry. But I'm very glad to hear
that the spirit came through.

Now, to get some sleep and then spend the next few days working on the special.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
HOLY MOSQUITOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I haven't said that in a long time.

HOLY MOSQUITOES! WOW! I mean, WOW!!!!! I mean WHAT have I been MISSING! This is INCREDIBLE! FANTASTICABULOUS! AMAAAAAAAAAZING! ASTOUNDING! STUPIFYING! INCREDIBLE! Wait I already said incredible. But it is! It's INCREDIBLE! I mean, just the concept alone blows my mind! OH MY WOW MY HOLY MOSQUITOES! Oy! It's incredible! And you tell it so well! I mean the characters, they're awesome! And you just- you've got it! I don't know what "it" is, but you've GOT it! It's like- OH, it's SO the Muppets! Robin fan that I am, I love that he was the one Jennifer sent with Amber, and I loved when Sam fainted because of all that CRAZY stuff that happened with America, I mean- Oh, that must have just destroyed something in him, just destroyed it! And yet he STILL has faith in the true American spirit, as evidenced by his support of the vote. And that's a true element of the Muppets, that unwavering dedication, that perseverence, that willingness to cling to whatever it is that they cling to. You've hit it right on the head. Perfect. And all the excitement when they all got together again! (One wild guess, what song did I just start singing in my head?) Hard to imagine a world, or at least a country, without music. I mean, it's like a basic element of being human, isn't it? I don't think I've ever heard of a culture that didn't have any music, except for the one that I- ...Um, except for the one that I'm not allowed to talk about that's from a completely different story that I can't give anything away about! I didn't say anything, really, I didn't, um... <shifty eyes>

Anyway, this ROCKS! And I love it and it's incredible and I wish you could see the hand motions that go with this emotion because it's quite a sight! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... You've been reading the whole thing have you Lisa?
Hmmm, wonder if you've hit all the stories yet.

Anyway... Java, please post more when you can. Or you'll feel the full wrath of our nagging, now that the Queen has returned.

Java

Reaction score
Putting together a reunion show is big business, you know. And I have to work tomorrow and Monday... It's coming though.

Lisa, I must say that I have been waiting for you to read my story (wondered if you would) because I worried so much about it interferring with whatever gut-wrenching things that you want to do to us with Flippersteps. It was a big debate here with myself as to whether I would even put this up or not.

So, I am thrilled that you are enjoying it so. :excited:

Okay, I'm going to go put my nose back to the grindstone now. Later!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you need any help putting together a reunion/comeback Muppet Show... Would recommend you read through 1LS and then watch some TMS episodes to get the gist of how it kind of flows together.
Looking forward to the show.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm, wonder if you've hit all the stories yet.
Not quite yet. I'm working on it, slowly but surely, along with the other things on my "to do list"... You know, unpacking, cleaning, visiting my grandma, researching, writing, doing laundary, figuring out what to do with the extra desk chair that magically appeared in my room while I was gone...You know. The usual. Rest assured, I will get to your story... No promises as to when, but I will get to it... Now then, what to do with this deskchair...

Oh and hey Java! Don't worry about interference. I would tell you that there was no need for any such debate and that I can't believe you would ever concider not posting this incredible story... but believe me, I know what it feels like to wonder whether or not you should really be posting a story... So instead I'll just tell you that as far as I'm concerned, you made the right choice. And boy, am I grateful that you did... MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Just because I compliment your decision does not mean you are free of nagging.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See... Now that's the Lisa we know and love. Oh, and you can keep that desk chair over in a corner of your room. If it's anything like the one I have, it'll come in handy for piling clean laundry while you're seated in your primary chair working at your computer.
Either that, or an extra seat for whenever Nyssa heads on over for visitation rights.

Java

Reaction score
I've had TMS season one since the day it arrived on shelves (my copy barely got onto the shelf) and have been watching in excitement. I'm watching Sesame Street some again, even though the feel of the show is not the same (and yes, due to the ages of my siblings, I'm aware that happened some time ago), and I've had Fraggle Rock season one since it arrived on shelves and season two is my only extracuricular purchase during my home buying period.

I'm looking at ways of seeing other TMS episodes and am referencing daily to get the feel of the show right.

(On a side note what I'm really most desperate to see is The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. I only saw that when it first aired and am searching for a way to see it again so hard...)

What though, does 1LS stand for? I think I know but am not quite sure.