Breaking Back In

Java

Reaction score
Mmm, what a wonderful muffin. Very good and just what I needed after a day at the beach with my brother-in-law.

Oh, but you want more of the story too. I just finished the next chapter. Kind of short (to me at least) but we're working our way into the explanation of how the Muppets went into hiding and then on to bigger and better things.

And I better stop stalling before you all get mad. Okay coming up next . .

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Amber paused in the hallway at the door that lead to her grandmother’s basement. There was no denying this time that the noises coming from the basement were not due to an old and settling house with character.

There was a faint hint of music reaching her ears and explosions randomly placed in. As she listened harder she thought she heard some singing reaching her ears and what sounded like a herd of elephants trying to walk a tightrope.

Amber wandered into the den where her grandmother was watching television. She walked around the couch to sit down. It was time to find out what was hiding behind that locked door to the basement.

“Grandma,” Amber started to say and looked up at the tv “Why, that’s …”

“Robin, yes. How is he doing this morning?” Carrie asked her granddaughter, deciding that the process of helping the Muppets get back in buisness needed to be hurried along.

It had been two days since Robin had sat in the kitchen with her writing a letter to Kermit and sharing hot chocolate together. Still, Robin and Kermit had remained separated because her darling granddaughter was slow to take her part in the process.

“How do you know about Robin?”

“Well… Would you look at the time? My goodness, and I’ve got so many errands to do. There’s more fabric to pick up and paint to get mixed, not to mention groceries. You’ll have to spend the day alone, darling. Why don’t you use the time to catch up with Robin? Maybe he can help you.”

Carrie quickly rushed out the door leaving Amber unable to ask her questions. Hesitantly Amber looked back at the tv and turned up the volume.

“Where trouble melts like lemon drops, Away above the chimney tops, that’s where you’ll find me.”

“Robin,” Amber called out, “would you come down here please?”

She listened to the patter of the little frog as he hopped down the stairs and wandered from room to room looking for her.

“Morning, Amber. Are you sure it’s okay for me to be down here right now?”

“Robin, what is this?” Amber pointed bewildered at the tv.

Robin waited patiently as Amber reached down and picked him up onto the couch where he could see.

“Well, I’m singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow for my uncle’s show. Ms. Carrie said that she had the dvd somewhere. I’m glad she found it.”

“But, Robin, this type of thing hasn’t been allowed for over fifty years. There is no singing. There is nothing at all like this. Robin, I‘ve never heard a song in my life.”

Amber sighed, unsure of what to do or think. There were so many questions to ask and answer, so much to know.

“Amber, I don’t know what to tell you right now,” Robin quietly started. “All I know is that my Uncle Kermit can help. You’ve got to meet him anyway because I know that he told me you are who we are waiting for to be able to make the world happy again.”

“But you said you hadn’t seen your uncle in a long time. How am I supposed to find him? It’s strange enough that my grandmother knows who you are and that you know who she is. It’s just not safe to go looking for someone …”

“But Amber,” Robin cut in, “I know where Uncle Kermit is.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sword Gonzo was going to eat came clashing down to the stage as the Electric Mayhem stopped mid-note in The Flight of the Bumble Bee that was accompanying the act. A can of paint was knocked over spreading unnoticed across the floor as Clifford stepped back to look up at the basement door.

“Kermie, did you hear that?” Miss Piggy called quietly from the chair she was standing on as Hilda fitted her for a new dress from the fabric Carrie had brought with her the day before.

They heard the rapping on the door once more. This time the Muppets were certain that’s what it was since all the noise had come to a grinding halt.

This was the fastest they had ever seen Kermit move as he launched himself up the stairs to let in Robin and his new friend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See? See how much better that came out? Truly great... And Somewhere Over the Rainbow from the Alice Cooper episode... Great!
Carrie has a bit of mischief in her for a grandmother...
Amber doesn't know what a song is?
My, my, then she'll definitely be in the best of company to explain it all to her.

Really great, and we await more eagerly.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh man, a cliffhanger! But very exciting, and it left me wanting more. Heheh, I take it your day at the beach was no "day at the beach?"
Count, expanding on a preveous muffin. Sure, they would give you the cheaper version for school, right?
*role eyes sarcastic* But it is my belief that newer is not always better, and that expands, at least somewhat, to technology as well. Hense, your reading problems before.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... I think that was the version available at the time back in 2002 when the Law School's technical team started the ball rolling, updating the computers in those two cubicles with technology for blind/handicapped students. I was the first one they had had in five years after the last blind/handicapped student... And it's taken me this long to get to two-thirds of the way.

As for the home computer, I actually started with the 3.2 version... But I've tried to stay current, you don't want to know what happened around last December/February when I was updating.
Sorry about the muffining again Java. Please post more story soon, and break the vicious cycle of these dangerous baked goods.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
This is slightly confusing, but very interesting! Hope to see more soon!

Java

Reaction score
Thank you Count! Crazed gonzo fa - It will become clearer soon.

I haven't gotten the next chapter quite hammered out yet and now I have to nap so I can join the real world and work night shift. Sorry guys. Look for it later tomorrow though!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You're absolutely right Count; this muffin cycle needs to be broken! *smashes muffin on floor* Now then, looking forward to tomorrows update.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw great... Now we have to call Bo in to clean the mess...
Or maybe Rizzo'll pop in and just snatch away all the muffin bits.

Java

Reaction score
Since I'm scared of loosing this again, I'm going to give you the first part of chapter 4 before I leave work. I don't know if you'll get the next part before I have to come back into work or after I get here. I work twelve hour shifts and don't know if I'll be able to edit what I have after sleeping today.

So, without further ado, here's the next part.