Breaking news!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I can only hope this will lead to better things for those poor people.

beaker

Reaction score
This was a dictator who personally had to have well known directors kidnapped from other countries and brought to North Korea to make movies. Some, like the 1985 Godzilla knock off "Pulgasari" went on to have their own cult following outside of NK

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't the idiot LOOOOVE American movies and TV shows and stuff and told his people that he made them? GAW! If there's one thing I can't stand it's a dictator that wants to destroy America but LOOOVES everything we make. At least be sincere to the freaking cause.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
This year ought to go down as Death to Dictators Year. Hope next year brings more of the same, but without the months of bloodshed (Libya, anyone?)... Here's hoping Syria's next and quickly so.

------------------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
-
This year ought to go down as Death to Dictators Year. Hope next year brings more of the same, but without the months of bloodshed (Libya, anyone?)... Here's hoping Syria's next and quickly so.
Problem is their replacements aren't that much better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Problem is their replacements aren't that much better.
True dat. Egypt's going to get a fundamentalist nutjob running everything. It's freakin' Iran all over again. Kim Jung Eel's little fatso son is probably going to be the same Looney Tunes character that swings his nukes around while telling his people how great it is to starve to death for the cause of making it look like their farts don't stink. But hey, at least these guys died. That counts as something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
True dat. Egypt's going to get a fundamentalist nutjob running everything. It's freakin' Iran all over again. Kim Jung Eel's little fatso son is probably going to be the same Looney Tunes character that swings his nukes around while telling his people how great it is to starve to death for the cause of making it look like their farts don't stink. But hey, at least these guys died. That counts as something.
Well I don't love celebrating people's deaths. I'd rather celebrate freedom coming to an oppressed nation. And that hasn't happened here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't say it was celebratory... I just said it apparently counts. I'd tend to think the best thing would be to have someone abduct Kim and toss him in a mental institution. One of the crooked ones that still use shock therapy for that matter. Dude was NUTS!

Of course, when was there ever a sane dictator? I mean, Hitler clearly had issues with his parents and shortcomings as an "artist." To this day I'm convinced that the only reason he handed out crude monstrous caricatures of Jews as propaganda was because that was the only thing he could draw.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Saddam Hussein: epic

Osama Bin Laden: took FOREVER, but epic

anyone in Arab Spring: Tweet teh epicness

Kim Jong Il: turned into a cockroach and ... no, just plain died ... EPIC FAIL